Photo
- - - - -

Why does Rivera say we do not have the personal to run his scheme?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#11 jarhead

jarhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Locationnear Charlotte
HUDDLER

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:35 AM

So...what is this team lacking that does not allow Rivera to run his scheme? What are they missing?

That is the million dollar question

#12 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

SUPPORTER

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:46 AM

What in the Panthers would lead anyone to believe they can run a 'vertical' offense right now?

A running game that makes the passing game work?
A non-porous offensive line? Can this line truly hold blocks long enough for those longer routes?
A veritical threat to compliment an aging Steve Smith?
A QB with more experience than 20 games?

#13 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• LocationILM
Administrators

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:48 AM

Highland is a bammer fan I think.
Its the only explanation for this unending hate.
War Damn Eagle

#14 davos

davos

€∞€∞€∞€

• LocationCO
HUDDLER

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:49 AM

Bottom line is that instead of running an offense that fits the personel, we're running an offense forced upon the personel that overly caters to our young QB. Its ruining Cam and if Chud does not start making more pro-style smash mouth gameplans, I'm afraid Cam could be damaged immensely by the year's end.

#15 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

SUPPORTER

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:58 AM

I agree about the impacts on Newton.

...but, I don't think its true its a tailored offense for Newton. This isn't about Newton. It is about not having the overall offensive blend to make the vertical scheme work at the moment. We do not have the personnel yet. We have run personnel with a scheme for vertical and that's why this is such a bloody mess.

Newton can throw vertically, he throws a beautiful long ball when he has time. He does need to learn to step into the pocket, he does need to learn the normal things a QB needs to learn in game 22 with a year of tape on him.

It is also about throwing away something as a base offense that should be an option.

#16 davos

davos

€∞€∞€∞€

• LocationCO
HUDDLER

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:02 AM

No, not true. This isn't about Newton. It is about not having the overall offensive blend to make the vertical scheme work at the moment. We do not have the personnel yet. We have run personnel with a scheme for vertical and that's why this is such a bloody mess.

Newton can throw vertically, he throws a beautiful long ball when he has time. He does need to learn to step into the pocket, he does need to learn the normal things a QB needs to learn in game 22 with a year of tape on him.

That's not what I meant. Our playbook is overly catered to his abilities

I don't want the personel for the scheme they're trying to run and I don't think anyone should. The scheme is nuts and doesn't work in the NFL. Last year's did...somewhat.

They should have developed an offensive plan that maximizes the team's abilities and strengths not around 1 guy through gimmick looks and his former college style offense.

#17 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

SUPPORTER

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:02 AM

carolina doesn't have any downfield recieving threats for a vertical scheme.

#18 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

SUPPORTER

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:04 AM

That's not what I meant. Our playbook is overly catered to his abilities.

I don't want the personel for the scheme they're trying to run and I don't think anyone should. The scheme is nuts and doesn't work in the NFL. Last year's did.

They should have developed an offensive plan that maximizes the team's abilities and strengths not around 1 guy through gimmick looks and his former college style offense.

this.

#19 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

HUDDLER

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:11 AM

Whatever his scheme is

It's a fail

#20 davos

davos

€∞€∞€∞€

• LocationCO
HUDDLER

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:15 AM

To my knowledge, I don't think a read option has ever been a base package for a team in the modern era and our staff is refusing to back off of it. They are doubling down it seems. I don't even think it should be a special type package. They can run out of the shotgun the bulk of the game if they want, that's great if it works, but enough with a poor man's Oregon in the NFC South.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users