Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hbkp999

Anybody else going/been to Chicago?

25 posts in this topic

I'll be going to the game, section 235. No panthers jersey this time just casual outfits. But certainly will celebrate for every first down or points we score. By the way, thanks for the advice on the tourist attractions.

And Finally, for those of you that will be entering the not-so-friendly confines of Soldier Field, for your own safety, don't be an asshole. I've been to a countless number of Bears games, both in Chicago and on the road, and Bears fans are easily one of the most ruthless kinds of fans in the NFL. Some personal experiences that I've seen first hand to opposing fans that come into Soldier Field: In the winter when it snows, Bears fans will throw slush-balls (that they made from the snow covered in beer and dirt) at the back of opposing fan's heads. And I know the Raiders and the Eagles have some pretty aggressive fans, but no other team has fans with dirtier mouths than us Bear fans inside Soldier Field. It is definitely not a place for children. Although, I have seen children swearing profusely at opposing teams.

If it's late in the game and everyone has been drinking non-stop for 3 hours and the game is still close, there will be many fights breaking out, and the ushers usually just throw out the guy wearing the opposing team's jersey. At least, that's what their told to do I'm pretty sure.

Other than that, if you wear your Panther jersey and just lay kind of low while your in the stadium you'll be fine.

This is total BULL. I had to create a sign on just to respond to this garbage.

I've been going to Soldier Field regularly for at least 15 years (still fly back there from CA for at least 4 games a year) and have never once seen any of this. Bears fans swear more than other fans?? Give me break.

Wear your Panthers gear, cheer on your team as loud as you can, act like a normal human and there are no problems. Bears fans are passionate, no doubt, but they aren't going to knife you, for God's sake.

Whatever you do, don't "lay low". Have a great time, talk to people around you and enjoy. We've had some awesome times with opposing fans and still to this day meet up with a few again when the Bears play in their cities or back at Soldier Field.

Good times, man. I'm jealous I won't be there this weekend. Have a great time, eat lots of food and here's to an injury free, exciting game for both teams!

Been there, got kicked out of the sears tower. Alright town

LOL that Bears fan is exaggerating like a motherf*cker. Is it a journey through the streets of Afghanistan or a fugging football game?

I repeat, Chicago is the best city the US has to offer.

people might think I'm crazy, but imo the best way to see Chicago in a short span of time is the red double decker bus tours. we used these in NYC and London when there for Bears games and had a very short span of time to see the sights. covered a ton of ground for relatively cheap. Chicago is $35/3 days. it's a good deal. just hop on and off where you want, have lunch, drinks, shop. well worth it.

http://www.coachusa....ur/tour-map.asp

I walked from the Chicago Hilton on S. Michigan all the way up passed the Chicago River a few weeks ago. Zig zagged up and down side streets. That is the best way to experience Chicago.

I don't think anyone would give crap to fans whose team is 1-5. We've already been through enough crud this season

I've been to Chicago once and absolutely loved it--never been to a Bears game, though.

I would assume Bears fans would go a little easy on Panther fans because 1) we're not a division rival and 2) no one takes us seriously anyway. As long as you're not talking trash or celebrating obnoxiously when we gain any type of positive yardage on a play, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Also, do take time to visit the Willis Tower and go to the top/step out on the Sky Deck or whatever it's called. Truly an awesome experience, especially if it's a nice, clear day.

I've been in Chicago this week and Bears fans are not the least bit concerned about this game. Cant blame them one bit. I had my Panthers hat on last night at Harry Caray's and it was mostly pity laughs I was getting. They are looking at this game in the same light as preseason game 4.

You know your team sucks huge ball sack when they are greeted with apathy at away games.

I went to Chicago the weekend Panthers were in town last year for a wedding but my friend arranged my flight to leave Sunday morning so I totally missed the game live and on tv.

I still managed to wear my Smitty jersey every where I went and surprisingly not that many bad looks or death threats. As previously stated, do go to Willis Tower (Sears Tower) and go to the top observation deck. If you are military you can get in for free.