Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If Cam was half the leader that..

84 posts in this topic

Posted

Cam is a natural leader by all accounts, but it takes some time to establish that as a 23 year old in a room full of grown men.

Posted

If Cam had half the team Jake got handed in 2003 we'd be a playoff team again.

Its unfair to expect Cam to have it all figured out and be on the level of Jake in his early 30's. I dont recall Jake starting in the NFL at age 23. Cam is so far ahead of him at this point its not even funny.

2 people like this

Posted

Delhomme was, this team would be winning more game.

Curious how.many other can even admit this.

If Delhomme had the work load Cam does......we wouldn't.

Give Cam the old school Panther front 4 and we would have won a ton of these close games....I'd say 70% of them (which most of Cam's 22 have been)

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm not saying I'd want delhomme back. That is idiotic.

Cam throwing the team under the bus to the media is something a child does.

Not a leader of men.

Cam is losing the.locker room. Not Rivera.

You should watch a Peyton Manning press conference after a blowout loss in the playoffs

Posted

This reminds me of a discussion I saw on NFLN yesterday with Heath Evans and another ex-player. The question was his maturity level and both agreed he was immature.

So who did they use as examples for him to emmulate? Brees, Brady and Peyton.

Why do people expect him to be a finished product after a year-and-a-half in the league?

2 people like this

Posted

Because the NFL doesnt have a history of "nurturing" QBs like Cameron. Sad to say. When I called us pioneers last year, I wasnt just making that up. LOL.

Posted

This reminds me of a discussion I saw on NFLN yesterday with Heath Evans and another ex-player. The question was his maturity level and both agreed he was immature.

Why do people expect him to be a finished product after a year-and-a-half in the league?

lol...maturity is in the eye of the beholder...Cam goes off in the sideline like Brady does so often and it would NOT be viewed positively.

But it is still funny Cam gets compared to current day vet SB winners....and not vs what they were 22 games into their careers.

Posted

Yeah what ever happened to that fiery leader Jake Delhomme?... Oh yeah, he got ran the hell out of town.

Coincidentally a faction of imbeciles want to do the same to Cam after only a season and a half.

You morons deserve nothing more than decades of Jimmy Clausen clones.

Posted

I don't think Cam's leadership is our biggest issue, but I do agree with the sentiment.

Delhomme was a great leader.

1 person likes this

Posted

I am in no way trying to say Cam shouldn't be here yadda yadda but to be fair, RG3 in particular has handled the press quite well in wins and losses this season. Buts that's irrelevant.

The bigger issue though isn't that Cam doesn't have the will or fire whatever people want to call it because he does. Its obvious with how effected he is by losing. He has a passion for the game and is not some bs player like Jamarcus or whoever people are trying to claim he is.

He just needs some damn direction and a team around him that he can identify with and establish a unique repertoire with. Its utter bullsh*t how our coaches have gone about his development so far. Of course we can't see behind the scenes but they are stunting his growth through their gameplans and letting him after every game be thrown to the wolves of reporters and he comes out as the only one willing to constantly represent this franchise beyond in-game performance. For how "immature" people think he is, this 22 year old is trying to fill a leader role on a directionless from a coaching, planning, and management standpoint. I just hope this year does not kill his career.

You know what I'd like to see? Maybe one of the other high profile teammates do a joint press conference. Maybe start having Luke & Cam do pressers together a la Lebron and Dwight. I mean why not at this point. I dunno

Posted

Cam's struggles with leadership seem in a lot of ways to be abou thim just being a nice guy. How many times has he been humble about letting give like Smittly, kalil, gross etc set the tone as the veterans.

I think he just isn't comfortable, or the team is asking him not to basically tell the vets to STFU and get on board.

Unleash the fury Cam, they'll get over it

Posted

Sh** thread started by an even shittier poster