#76 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,729 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:30 PM

This reminds me of a discussion I saw on NFLN yesterday with Heath Evans and another ex-player. The question was his maturity level and both agreed he was immature.

So who did they use as examples for him to emmulate? Brees, Brady and Peyton.

Why do people expect him to be a finished product after a year-and-a-half in the league?

You can compare him to several of the other young QB's...RGIII, Luck, Dalton.

Watch their demeanor on the sidelines...watch their interaction with their coaches on the sideline...etc.

They are all significantly more mature than Cam is right now.

I hope and pray that everyone here that says give him time to mature is right. However, too often these traits are inherent and not really learned.

Many of his staunch supporters on here say that he has been a leader at every level he has played. That is not necessarily correct. He has been a "winner" at the other levels because of his athletic ability. In the NFL, it become a little different scenario.

I believe (hope really) that he ends up getting it.

#77 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:36 PM

I don't expect everything from Cam.
So sorry that i haven't posted about my disappointment with the oline, our receivers, our running backs.
How dare i make a thread about Cam and stay on subject.

You and everybody else who think what you just said in your post, are fuging idiots.

No where am i only blaming Cam.

Wake the fug up, and learn to read.

Where's your post calling out our TEAM CAPTAINS? The guys with the C on their jersey. I made one about Gross a month ago and was called a "racist" for it.

#78 Frydaddy

Frydaddy

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:56 PM

Dear Lord, the guy is in his second year. Yeah he lit it up last year but other teams have reviewed him and know more about him. Our line isn't really helping much and he's essentially the whole offense right now (our RBs aren't doing much). Am I happy with his leadership or the errors, no. But I'm recognizing that a 2nd year QB surrounded by a team that isn't playing well is not going to look very good.

But, can someone tell me why he stopped throwing to Olsen as much as he used to? It seems like he is open a lot.

#79 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:02 PM

Wow... so now we are blaming our losses on Cam's leadership? Smh... I think Cam's leadership on the field is not a problem and not what is causing this team to lose... If you wanted to say his incosistency with accuracy this year, or little improvment mechancially from the last then that could be a valid debate... But his leadership... GTFO

True we do have a YOUNG QB that is underperforming, but it’s a freakin 2nd year… Now when Cam gets to year 4 and is still playing like this then we have a problem. In the meantime we just hope for consistent improvement and consistency in his game as he grows…

We also have a team with a lack of talent compared to other teams… Honestly talent wise we are just not that great compared to other NFC teams. Top that off with coaching gameplans that fails week after week with lack of adjustment to fit our personnel and it all combines for our record… NOT Cam’s leadership.

#80 Khyber53

Khyber53

I'm a believer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:53 PM

Can you imagine a a read option pass thrown to a triple covered Steve Smith from Delhomme??

I believe that minus the "read" that's what about every play looked like. Except, back then, it worked now and then.

#81 mush

mush

Tailgate Czar

• Moderators
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:53 PM

He doesn't have half the leadership of Delhomme. You could go to that locker room and interview the whole offense 6 years ago and if you asked the whole offense, "who are the leaders on this team?", Jake Delhomme was the first one named. Now I think it would be fragmented with different players named first.

You need everybody naming the same player first. If they do that, that means they look to that person to inspire them to play at a higher level. All y'all can say they're paid millions and they should play hard every time, but fact is that coach can say what he wants on the sideline but a leader on the field inspires everyone around him to play at a higher level and you don't know it til you got it.

#82 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,585 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:55 AM

He doesn't have half the leadership of Delhomme. You could go to that locker room and interview the whole offense 6 years ago and if you asked the whole offense, "who are the leaders on this team?", Jake Delhomme was the first one named. Now I think it would be fragmented with different players named first.

You need everybody naming the same player first. If they do that, that means they look to that person to inspire them to play at a higher level. All y'all can say they're paid millions and they should play hard every time, but fact is that coach can say what he wants on the sideline but a leader on the field inspires everyone around him to play at a higher level and you don't know it til you got it.

Ding ding ding!!!!!

I knew you'd get it.

Sad that so many fans aroumd here can't have a simple cknversation about Cam.

#83 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

We want more from Cam to be a Super Bowl Loser like Jake. I ask again, at age 23 who was Jake leading in the NFL? Who was he starting for? Jake was never the player/ leader that Cam is at the same age. Jake never had national media attention til his 06 SI cover (he was 31 then) and when he got that ridiculous contract in 08. Both times Jake crumbled under the pressure. I remember his crying and fake injury that year cuz he was too sensitive to being benched. We even cut Keyshawn because he wouldnt take the blame for Jakes bonehead INT in Philly. Yall overrate Jakes leadership to overcompensate for his well known flaws.

#84 AppStatePanther

AppStatePanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:40 AM

Where's your post calling out our TEAM CAPTAINS? The guys with the C on their jersey. I made one about Gross a month ago and was called a "racist" for it.

probably because you are. Jake was a leader when he was playing poorly and Cam will be when he has a few seasons under his belt. No need to worry about this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com