Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Link

My new definition of Christianity...

131 posts in this topic

and what are those??

"try" and "define"

Both depend on the ability to accept a diety as a philisophical, psychological, and physiological construct. Narrowing that construct down to the limitations provided by Chrisitanity, it's rather easy to see the problems here if you look objectively. Expanding the construct past those limitations within Christianity, then the problems become less objective and more destructive to the original accepted idea. However if we refuse to accept the idea orginally, then the ramifications of these terms becomes ever more complicated.

Ecclesiastes 12:12

Be warned, my son, of anything in addition to them.

Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body.

I love to split atoms as much as the next guy but I think if we aren't careful we can outsmart ourselves and miss alot of what is right in front of us.

Some times the non sexy answer is the best one.

I have stretched out my hands all day to a rebellious people, who walk in a way that is not good,according to their own thoughts(Common Logic.) Isaiah 65:2

"The light shines into the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it." John 5:1because of your common human logic

all my christian friends have a hard time understanding why someone like me has lost faith. they can't demonize me because they know me. they know i'm rational, well educated, not living in "sin" or wanting to alter my lifestyle. but they need a way to cope with me leaving Christianity so most of them think its the devils work, though one said i probably was never a christian to begin with. (great friends i had :rolleyes:)

He has point( have know people with this same story)not to be mean but maybe God wants you to mature a bit. It sounds harse but it makes logical sense to me you just haven't gone through the supernatural regeneration that God does when you surrender to Jesus. Maybe there is something coming in your future that he will use to reveal himself to you. I will be praying for you.

are there people on in the Tinderbox who really claim the bible doesn't have contradictions and errors?

<--------

i was not debating what a christian is supposed to be - i was debating your methodology in your spreading of christianity. your bludgeoning of people with the law is remarkably pharasiacal, and jesus had some pretty strong words to say about that.

i am not mad at you proclaiming what jesus said is the truth - i am correcting the method by which you are doing it. smashing people in the face with the jesus stick is not the right way to go about it. that is my only point.

nore was it my intention, you took it took it that way. Sorry for the confusion.

so i shouldnt look into to what i believe because i might out smart myself and disprove God. let me tell yal, it doesn't take much looking into to see that christianity is a made up mythology.

as for the bible not having contridictions have you ever read the death and reserection stories and compared them?

if so maybe you can answer my questions

did the two men being crucified at the same as jesus both mock him or did one of them receive salvation?

what did jesus do after he resserected? where did he go?

when jesus was being crucified how did he act? what kind of things did he say.

lets move to Paul. did he go to jeruslum and talk with disciples right after his crucifixion?

all leave it at that for now. maybe you can clear those up for me.

Ecclesiastes 12:12

Be warned, my son, of anything in addition to them.

Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body.

I love to split atoms as much as the next guy but I think if we aren't careful we can outsmart ourselves and miss alot of what is right in front of us.

Some times the non sexy answer is the best one.

and sometimes the simple answer is the best one

so i shouldnt look into to what i believe because i might out smart myself and disprove God. let me tell yal, it doesn't take much looking into to see that christianity is a made up mythology.

Not sure if you mean other books all together or the gospels themselves. Yes though. Each one was different only in it's emphasis or details per the audience it was trying to reach.

Doesn't say that both were saved, only that one asked Jesus not to forget him when he goes to paradise. Jesus had all authority in heavan and eartch to pull the trigger on that.

1 Peter 3:18-21

Lots of verses on this. Read any of the gospels. The only time he really cried out when he was separated from God.

Paul wasn't a christian at the time of Jesus' death. He actually killed christians as was known as Saul. Paul comes on the scene in Acts, after Pentecost in Jerusalem.

all leave it at that for now. maybe you can clear those up for me.

Excellent questions.