Photo
- - - - -

My new definition of Christianity...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
130 replies to this topic

#37 N1kkadeemuz

N1kkadeemuz

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 May 2009 - 05:39 AM

U should have know not to feed you the Meat before the Milk yet......I forgot I have to take it slow with some folks

KK your meat is severly overcooked and i'm pretty sure the milk spoiled, you sound more wacko than what Tinderbox posters call religous nuts....

#38 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

MFCEO

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:21 AM

Religion seems to be an obsession with those who claim that they don't practice any religion.

Can't imagine why. Religion surely does not play a major role in the world's societies.

#39 Speed

Speed

Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Banned

Posted 23 May 2009 - 07:03 AM

Jesus was a man like me and you!

God made us in his image, when you look into the mirror who do you see?
so who is God?

Jesus was born into a Jewish Family, how and why did Christians hi-jack him?

No Christian can prove Jesus rose on the third day nor prove his miracles

The Bible was written by men like you and me hence the top left hand corner of the first page
"BOOK OF TIMOTHY" TIM WAS A MAN!

Those men were "inspired" by God do we need to redefine what the word "INSPIRATION" means??? lol and "IT" did not write it

The Bible has over 150 contradictions

The Bible is a spiritual guide, not a rule book, or the LAW

Most Christians have not even read the entire Bible, how sad

Most Christians do not know that the letter "J" does not exists in the Hebrew language

Who Said God was only a Christian? Is that in the Bible? nope

You say the Bible was written by men and then speak of contradictions. What do you expect from mere men?

If you are truly interested, you should seek counsel of a Christian minister. It appears that you have had some discussions with anti Christians. (The person that told you of the contradictions. I am very sure you did not hunt them down and count them.) Really, seek some council of an educated minister and gain some authority to be on this MB telling us how we should live. Or you can go on being the huddle crack pot you have always been.

#40 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

MFCEO

Posted 23 May 2009 - 07:15 AM

Or you can go on being the huddle crack pot you have always been.

Thats my vote!

#41 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

HUDDLER

Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:02 PM

Read Bart Ehrman's books. He is a NT scholar. He use to be an evangelical then after learning greek, hebrew and latin and studing the Bible he became a very liberal christian and now he is agnostic.

Great read on the Bible, its pretty clear its not a book from "god" if so what a weak ass god to provide such a weak ass tool to teach people about him

Edited by Cat, 23 May 2009 - 12:30 PM.

#42 KaseKlosed

KaseKlosed

@CMackMost

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:11 PM

You say the Bible was written by men and then speak of contradictions. What do you expect from mere men?

If you are truly interested, you should seek counsel of a Christian minister. It appears that you have had some discussions with anti Christians. (The person that told you of the contradictions. I am very sure you did not hunt them down and count them.) Really, seek some council of an educated minister and gain some authority to be on this MB telling us how we should live. Or you can go on being the huddle crack pot you have always been.

My father is a minister,

KaseKlosed

#43 KaseKlosed

KaseKlosed

@CMackMost

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:13 PM

Still all the name calling continues, but no one has yet tried to answer my questions, nor came close to debunking them

#44 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

HUDDLER

Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:31 PM

are there people on in the Tinderbox who really claim the bible doesn't have contradictions and errors?

#45 KaseKlosed

KaseKlosed

@CMackMost

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:37 PM

are there people on in the Tinderbox who really claim the bible doesn't have contradictions and errors?

Those are the same people who have not read the Bible,

We have to remember that our "creator" never gave us a religion to "follow"

We have to remember that "MEN" gave us all religions which was based on mythology

#46 KaseKlosed

KaseKlosed

@CMackMost

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:38 PM

Thats why they all sound the same:
similarities between Buddha and Jesus...

1. Both Buddha and Jesus were baptized in the presence of the "spirit" of G--d. (De Bunsen, p. 45; Matthew 3:16.)

2. Both went to their temples at the age of twelve, where they are said to have astonished all with their wisdom. (Ibid., p. 37; Luke 2:41--48.)

3. Both supposedly fasted in solitude for a long time: Buddha for forty--seven days and Jesus for forty. Buddha and Early Buddhism

4. At the conclusion of their fasts, they both wandered to a fig tree. p. 167; Matthew 21:18--19.)

5. Both were about the same age when they began their public ministry:
* "When he [Buddha] went again to the garden he saw a monk who was calm, tranquil, self--possessed, serene, and dignified. The prince, determined to become such a monk, was led to make the great renunciation. At the time he was twenty--nine years of age...".
* "Jesus, when he began his ministry, was about thirty years of age" (Luke 3:23).

6. Both were tempted by the "devil" at the beginning of their ministry:
* To Buddha, he said: "Go not forth to adopt a religious life but return to your kingdom, and in seven days you shall become emperor of the world, riding over the four continents."
* To Jesus, he said: "All these [kingdoms of the world] I will give you, if you fall down and worship me" (Matthew 4:9).

7. Buddha answered the "devil": "Get you away from me." (De Bunsen, p.38)
* Jesus responded: "...begone, Satan!" (Matthew 4:10).

8. Both experienced the "supernatural" after the "devil" left:
* For Buddha: "The skies rained flowers, and delicious odors prevailed [in] the air." (Ibid.)
* For Jesus: "angels came and ministered to him" (Matthew 4:11).

9. The multitudes required a sign from both in order that they might believe.

10. Both strove to establish a kingdom of heaven on earth. (Beal, p. x; Matthew 4:17.)
* Buddha "represented himself as a mere link in a long chain of enlightened teachers."

11. Jesus said: "Think not that I have come to abolish the law, and the prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfill them" (Matthew 5:17).

12. According to the Somadeva (a Buddhist holy book), a Buddhist ascetic's eye once offended him, so he plucked it out and cast it away. (Ibid., p. 245)

* Jesus said: "If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out, and throw it away;" (Matthew 5:29).

13. "Buddha taught that the motive of all our actions should be pity or love of our neighbor." (Ibid., p. 249)
* Jesus taught: "...love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you" (Matthew 5:44).

14. Buddha said: "Hide your good deeds, and confess before the world the sins you have committed." (Ibid., p.28)
* Jesus said: "Beware of practicing your piety before men to be seen by them;" (Matthew 6:1) and "Therefore confess your sins one to another, and pray one for another, that you may be healed..." (James 5:16).

15. Both are said to have known the thoughts of others:
* "By directing his mind to the thoughts of others, [Buddha] can know the thoughts of all beings."
* "But Jesus, knowing their thoughts, said: `Why do you think evil in your hearts?' " (Matthew 9:4).

16. After "healing" a man born blind, Buddha said: "The disease of this man originates in his sinful actions in former times."
* "As [Jesus] passed by, he saw a man blind from his birth. And his disciples said to him: `Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?' " (John 9:1--2).

17. Both were itinerant preachers with a close group of trustees within a larger group of disciples.

18. Both demanded that their disciples renounce all worldly possessions. (Hardy, Monachism, p. 6; Luke 14:33.)

* "The number of the disciples rapidly increased, and Gautama sent forth his monks on missionary tours hither and thither, bidding them wander everywhere, preaching the doctrine, and teaching men to order their lives with self--restraint, simplicity, and charity." (Hastings, vol. 6, p.883)
* "And [Jesus] called to him the twelve [apostles], and began to send them out two by two.So they went out and preached that men should repent" (Mark 6:7, 12).

19. Both had a disciple who "walked" on water:
* To convert skeptical villagers, Buddha showed them his disciple walking across a river without sinking.
* "He said: `Come.' So Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water and came to Jesus, but when he saw the wind, he was afraid, and beginning to sink he cried out: `Lord, save me!' " (Matthew 14:29--30).

20. "One day Ananda, the disciple of Buddha, after a long walk in the country, meets with Matangi, a woman of the low caste of the Kandalas, near a well, and asks her for some water. She tells him what she is, and that she must not come near him. But he replies: `My sister, I ask not for your caste or your family, I ask only for a drought of water. She afterwards became a disciple of Buddha."

* "There came a woman of Samaria to draw water. Jesus said to her: `Give me a drink.' For his disciples had gone away into the city to buy food. The Samaritan woman said to him: `How is it that you, a Jew, ask a drink of me, a woman of Samaria?' For Jews have no dealings with Samaritans" (John 4:7--9).

21. Each repeated a question three times:
* "The Buddha next addressed the bhikkhus and requested them three times to ask him if they had any doubt or question that they wished clarified, but they all remained silent."
* "[Jesus] said to him the third time: `Simon, son of John, do you love me?' Peter was grieved because he said to him the third time: `Do you love me?'" (John 21:17).

22. Both received similar receptions:
* "The people swept the pathway, the gods strewed flowers on the pathway and branches of the coral tree, the men bore branches of all manner of trees, and the Bodhisattva Sumedha spread his garments in the mire, [and] men and gods shouted: `All hail.' "
* "And they brought the colt to Jesus, and threw their garments on it; and he sat on it. And many spread their garments on the road, and others spread leafy branches which they had cut from the fields" (Mark 11:7--8).

23. Both had an archival:
* "[Buddha's] chief rival was Devadatta, a cousin of the Buddha, who is represented as being jealous of his influence and popularity, and as repeatedly seeking to compass his death." (Hastings, vol. 6, p.883)
* "While [Jesus] was still speaking, Judas came, one of the twelve, and with him a great crowd with swords and clubs, from the chief priests and the elders of the people. Now the betrayer had given them a sign, saying: `The one I shall kiss is the man; seize him!' And he came up to Jesus at once, and said: `Hail, Master!' And he kissed him" (Matthew 26:47--49).

24. Before his death, Buddha said to his disciple: "Ananda, when I am gone, you must not think there is no Buddha; the discourses I have delivered, and the precepts I have enjoined, must be my successors, or representatives, and be to you as Buddha."
* Before his "ascension," Jesus said to his disciples: "Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and, lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age" (Matthew 28:19--20).

25. When Buddha died: "The coverings of [his] body unrolled themselves, and the lid of his coffin was opened by supernatural powers."
* When Jesus died: "And behold, there was a great earthquake; for an angel of the L--rd descended from heaven and came and rolled back the stone, and sat upon it" (Matthew 28:2).

26. "In the year 217 B.C. Buddhist missionaries were imprisoned for preaching; but an angel, genie or spirit came and opened the prison door, and liberated them."
* "They arrested the apostles and put them in the common prison. But at night an angel of the L--rd opened the prison doors and brought them out" (Acts 5:18--19).

27. Both men's disciples are said to have been miracle workers.
So...what do you all think? Pretty interesting...you've got to admit. Now please understand that I am NOT making any claims here...I'm just pointing it out and putting it up for discussion...

#47 KaseKlosed

KaseKlosed

@CMackMost

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:38 PM

But dont believe i word i say....read the ish for yourself!!!!

#48 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you???

HUDDLER

Posted 23 May 2009 - 01:22 PM

Jesus was a man like me and you!

God made us in his image, when you look into the mirror who do you see?
so who is God?

Jesus was born into a Jewish Family, how and why did Christians hi-jack him?

No Christian can prove Jesus rose on the third day nor prove his miracles

The Bible was written by men like you and me hence the top left hand corner of the first page
"BOOK OF TIMOTHY" TIM WAS A MAN!

Those men were "inspired" by God do we need to redefine what the word "INSPIRATION" means??? lol and "IT" did not write it

The Bible has over 150 contradictions

The Bible is a spiritual guide, not a rule book, or the LAW

Most Christians have not even read the entire Bible, how sad

Most Christians do not know that the letter "J" does not exists in the Hebrew language

Who Said God was only a Christian? Is that in the Bible? nope

this has to be the worst attempt to insult christianity i have ever seen...

i feel sorry for your ignorance bro.... with all the resources out there no one should ever be this uninformed.