• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#121 King Taharga

King Taharga

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:14 PM

Cat, you should read Martin Luthers story and his quest for God. Pretty interesting what he did to have that relationship you were looking for. Just a thought.

#122 KaseKlosed

KaseKlosed

@CMackMost

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:55 PM

Christians = clueless

#123 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,051 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:05 PM

Christians = clueless

Ah, well then, perhaps you could answer me a few questions then, being as I am so clueless and the "rational" mindset you possess is not:

Why are rocks necessary, cosmically speaking? Why are they unnecessary? Why would mathematical probibility prohibit or encourage their development? Why would it matter either way? Why would debate on the subject be possible?

#124 King Taharga

King Taharga

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:10 PM

It doesnt matter what scientific theory answer KK gives you if any because in 40 years it will change anyway. And then he will be certain thats the way life begins and that there isnt any room for error until the next fool proof theory comes along and then once again it will be fool proof and absolutely true and then it will change and so on and so on, but thats ok because some scientist said so.

#125 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,051 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:19 PM

It doesnt matter what scientific theory answer KK gives you if any because in 40 years it will change anyway. And then he will be certain thats the way life begins and that there isnt any room for error until the next fool proof theory comes along and then once again it will be fool proof and absolutely true and then it will change and so on and so on, but thats ok because some scientist said so.

Well...not so much science but rationality. There are perfectly rational answers to every question I just asked. Unfortunately, there are multiple answers to the questions I asked and all are equally true and valid. The faith of atheism isn't so much based around the work of others (although it is a glaring hole) as it is around faith in something that works just as much for a system of thought as it does against it. Much like religion, but without the terminology or exaggeration.

#126 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • 3,783 posts
  • LocationRock Hill SC

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:54 PM

Christians = clueless

I'm a Christian and my mind is clear...you are the one that seems 'confused.'

#127 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you...

• HUDDLER
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:09 AM

so no christian wants to share what there personal experiance was like that made them beleive in god?

I was 17 years old when it happened.

I was a troubled teen who was in with the wrong crowd, a drop out in one school, a kick out in two others. I left home at 15 and ran the streets, I enjoyed running with a gang and doing some very horrific things to people because I resented everyone. I had a hate within me that I could not explain, most of it was due to my surroundings, more was for my own protection.

I was in and out of my parents home trying to be an adult without the understanding of what being responsible meant. I lived off of the hardships I could cause on others and alternate sources of income that are not so noble.

I had just gotten out of jail for the 8th time mostly because of the people I befriended and others because I was just plain ignorant. I was living with a friend and was doing my best to get myself lost in life. I had another warrant out for my arrest for failing to appear in court and violating probation for a different charge.

I was at Hanes Mall one day when a relative seen me and call my mom. My mom then called the Cops. The next thing I know is I have some mall cop walk up to me and ask me if i was me. I just replied no he must be mistaken and then turned back around.

Then he grabbed me, I spun out of my jacket and took off through the mall. I lead the Cop's (at some point he had a lot of back up arrive) on a long foot chase that went from outside the mall, back inside, and then back through the parking lot. The case lasted atleast 8 minutes before I hid under a blazer in the parking lot. Someone must have seen me climb under it because I had a Cop find me and start to pull me out. He pepper sprayed me and then I did my best "jean claude van damn kumate' impression" to make sure I had enough eye site left to knock the crap out of him when he pulled me out from under the car...

Then I ate his hood a couple times.

I was then taken to jail. I received several different charges that day and was given a 12 thousand dollar bond.

When I got to jail this time I had been there so much in the last 2 years that i felt i knew the cops by name. I was sent to solitary confinement and left to ponder my life.

I sat in solitary confinement for what seemed weeks with nothing more than a toothbrush, pillow and blanket. Every day I would ask the guard when I would move into population, and each day would pass by with no luck.

I sat there one day and started to think about all the terrible things I had done, how I had pissed my life away, took advantage of those around me and damn near drove my parents to death.

That was it. I broke down. I cried like a lil 3 year old. I started beating my head against the 1/4 inch steel walls (the same very walls that I help my grandfather help build when his construction company had a contract to help build the facility). I hit my head hard and harder hoping the next one would be the last; thats when I hear a voice. Just as loud as someone sitting beside me would sound, I heard someone say "pray".

I questioned the thought, then I heard it again... "pray"

So I did, I didnt know what to pray, or how to pray, see i didnt grow up in a church, or with religious folks. I had read parts of the bible before, but it was just another book with funny words to me. I went to church from time to time, but only to get the free food or flirt with girls.

This was different though, this was a timeline event. This was REAL.

I began to pray and ask God for forgiveness for all the wrongs I had committed, I asked him to forgive me for all the people I had hurt, or stole from or took advantage of.

I prayed for what seemed liked hours, I didnt know though. I had no clock, and no way of telling time. I asked God to forgive me for my sins and that if he would show me a sign I would represent him for the rest of my life.

Then I went to sleep.

I woke up with the guard telling me to get up that I was going into population. I couldn't believe my ears, for the "sign" I asked God for was just that...Get me into popualtion.

Then I did was any smart person would do, I brushed it off as coincidence.
After all I had to be going crazy the night before right?

Well I make it into population and settle into my new cell. The coast was clear and I was on to the better days of jail with books, tv, cigarettes and better food.

Then one of the cell mates who was sweeping comes by my door and tosses in a bible. He said he had a feeling I needed it.

That was it. I KNEW GOD intended on me keeping my promise.

I read that bible from front to back so many times I had to tape it back together when I got out. God was then and still is my life.

Oh and by the way, the combined 10+ years I was facing in prison, well i was never convicted on the major one, with some charges pleaded out and my probation re-worked.

i would later go to court and the judge would pardon the rest of my probation and my debt to society was complete.

My real life had begun.

Now I am the father of 2 great kids, husband to an awesome wife of almost 9 years, make over 60k a year, and will have my management degree finished in 1 year. I have been blessed more then I ever thought possible.

The sky is the limit for me now.

All thanks to God.

Edited by AKPantherFan, 27 May 2009 - 12:25 AM.

#128 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you...

• HUDDLER
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:19 AM

Ohh..by the way......

That was just the begining.

#129 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,723 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 05:22 AM

Christianity at its core has a ton of potential to do good in the world. Jesus as the philosopher is someone every other major religion looks to and agrees with. Islam always refers to him with reverence. When his teachings are actually put into practice, which is rare, good things happen.

#130 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,015 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:49 AM

Christianity at its core has a ton of potential to do good in the world. Jesus as the philosopher is someone every other major religion looks to and agrees with. Islam always refers to him with reverence. When his teachings are actually put into practice, which is rare, good things happen.

Amen ... except for the rarity of his teachings being put into practice. I see it every day, and it's good.

#131 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 7,617 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:51 PM

except all the talk about hell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.