Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fair criticism of Cam.....but

84 posts in this topic

Posted

Cam hasnt thrown anyone under the bus. But some Panther fans have thrown him. If the bothered by this imagine how theyre gonna feel when he gets in a linemans face or calls out one of his WRs. Cam is about to lead HIS team, and part of that means people might be mad at you for setting them straight. Losing will not be accepted anymore.

3 people like this

Posted

Of all the dysfunction right now with this team, you are upset because Cam stated the painfully obvious? There have been daily threads here pissing and moaning about the read option and it's ineffectiveness. Im glad he said it.

All and all I think as not only a young player but a person, Cam needs a better support staff.

Rivera isn't getting it done.

1 person likes this

Posted

Think about it. How would you like if you were being scrutinized to such extremes and everything you do spun into some fictitious concerns and push as facts.Every interview Cam every move and words are searched and over analyzed to prove that he's immature because he doesn't like losing?

My point is, Cam not liking to lose isn't what's wrong with this team. Cam sitting with a towel on his head isn't what's wrong with this team. Some writer sitting there reading all sorts of negative stuff into Cam's action at a press conference isn't the problem with this team. Cam's occasional mistakes on the fields isn't what's wrong with this team. But instead of looking deep into what is really plaguing this team, fixing it, and rebuilding, many of you much rather sit feed the trolls in the media. To act like Cam's attitude is so toxic based on nothing more than the constant scrutiny by the media makes no sense. This team toxins seem to be a whole lot deeper than Cam.

It frustrates me to no end because I really feel you folks feed the media's constant attack on Cam and don't take a real at the deep issues of this team and ask serious questions. Look around the league, fans who demand more from their team as a whole, are usually the ones who the media don't mess much with and their teams win.

i remember the endless attacks on Eli by the media. He couldn't do no right. What did the Giants do, they rallied around him and they fix their problems from within. Fans saw and rallied around him. The media half heartedly felt him alone. It was only last season that the media's attitude towards Eli started to change somewhat.

You're supporting the behavior or arrogant men who wish they were in Cam's shoes. Realize that and stop feeding them.

It is clear that you are frustrated about the way some people in the press and on this forum are treating Cam.

The press is a double edge sword, without them football would still be played by amateurs in half empty college stands.

Also, this organization was one big hot steaming mess, long before Cam arrived on the scene. So, I really don't think most people here or in the press blame Cam for the teams overall fortunes.

On the other hand, Cam does not shy away from the public spotlight. Mimicking Superman gains attention, raises expectations and encourages comparisons to superheros. A difficult standard for any mortal to achieve.

In the many decades I have watched the NFL, I honestly can't recall a single QB of any significance that hasn't been criticized in the press and by his team's fans. Often without justification.

Cam is clearly a rare talent and the Panthers are lucky to have him, but he will never be perfect or above criticism, not as long as he remains mortal like you and I.

Posted

Cam has made no secret of the fact that he hates losing and there is nothing wrong with that. He was on a bad team last year and a worse one this year. I don't care who you are, that is going to stir up some negative emotions.

It is how someone deals with those emotions that can make all the difference in the world. All I was attempting to say in my previous post was, Cam is young, given time he may handle these types of situations more maturely.

At the risk of belaboring the point, most people do mature as they age, I seriously doubt Cam is an exception to that rule.

The team is better than it was last year. Much better talent on both sides of the ball - by draft, FA and players returning from injury. The way said team is being used is worse. Much worse. Historically worse. Cam is leading the team in rushing yards, and almost leading in rushing attempts. If last Sunday was any indication, he'll lead in the that category as well by the end of the Bears game.

I do think he'll get better with press conferences though, but I don't ever see him as a smile and say the right things guy after losses. Just don't think it's in his character.

And to be honest, this team needed someone to shake things up. So what if he comes into the presser and does the Peyton Manning thing. "We missed some opportunities out there today. We'll continue to work hard on correcting our mistakes. We'll go get ready for the Bears next week...."

JR goes on thinking everything is fine, and his QB is just going through a funk. Rivera keeps silent and doesn't do anything. Chud keeps calling read option in the red zone. DWill gets <5 carries against the bears, even though he usually plays well against them. Panthers lose by a TD or less because they couldn't close the deal (really because key drives were stalled due to said read option calls at the most inopportune times possible). And everyone continues to think Cam is going through a sophomore slump even though his numbers are very similar to what they were last year at this point.

Posted

What amazes me about this entire thing is how few people in the media actually listened to or watched the ENTIRE presser. Instead they followed the quotes of the day and broke it apart. Its ridiculous.

Posted

I find it funny that this fan base has evolved from "I'm tired of the same old emotionless, it is what it is" to bitching that people on the team actually speak their mind.

Posted

What amazes me about this entire thing is how few people in the media actually listened to or watched the ENTIRE presser. Instead they followed the quotes of the day and broke it apart. Its ridiculous.

Exactly... I just listened to a bunch of radio jocks in Northern VA/DC just say Cam never took responsibility for making any mistakes during the presser. I thought he started off with saying that very thing.

They even said he's jealous now because RGIII is getting so much attention, and that's why he's acting this way. I mean it's getting straight up ridiculous the way they go on this kid. If I were him, I wouldn't say another word in another press conference this year, except YES and NO.

Posted

I know it's not a popular opinion, but Cam is has some serious issues with maturity that I don't think time will fix. You can stop with the 23 stuff too---- this guy comes across like a 7 year old. I will say, if things are going well a guy like this can be fine, but when things don't go well--- and especially when they don't go HIS way--- that's when the troubles start. His physical gifts simply can't replace the required maturity and leadership skills needed to be a success in the NFL. Cam is about Cam--- his cringe-worthy touchdown celebrations, his sideline moping and his pressers are clear indicators that this guy is not the future of an NFL franchise. Luck and RGIII---good examples of guys who look like pros and sound like pros of the field-- win or loss.

Ok, let the flaming begin. I'm trying to get to 100 posts today anyway.

Posted

Of all the dysfunction right now with this team, you are upset because Cam stated the painfully obvious? There have been daily threads here pissing and moaning about the read option and it's ineffectiveness. Im glad he said it.

All and all I think as not only a young player but a person, Cam needs a better support staff.

Rivera isn't getting it done.

I get it Cam needs a better support staff and OC but that does not change my opinion about his demeanor in the interviews.Cam needs focus on being his best and helping the team win.

Posted

What most of the uber Cam supporters here are refusing to understand is that there are VERY FEW posters on here (and most are trolls) that are throwing Cam under the bus. We just can see that there are many things that Cam needs to work on and improve....maturity, demeanor, etc.

As oppposed to some of you who think that everything he does is perfect and that his poo does not stink.

I personally think Cam is an incredible talent....I think that he IS the QB that will lead us to success....I do think the sky is the limit with him....and I do think that our coaches can't get their heads out of their asses right now.

But, I am also able to admit that Cam has a lot of things that he needs to work on and improve.....his leadership, demeanor, maturity, etc right now leaves a bit to be desired. But, like many have said, he is only 23 yo. I hope tha the is not one of those many athletes who never get this.....and I think he will get it.

2 people like this

Posted

What most of the uber Cam supporters here are refusing to understand is that there are VERY FEW posters on here (and most are trolls) that are throwing Cam under the bus. We just can see that there are many things that Cam needs to work on and improve....maturity, demeanor, etc.

As oppposed to some of you who think that everything he does is perfect and that his poo does not stink.

Agreed......

And when does everyone think he will mature? Two years, three? It's ridiculous to think he will suddenly grow up and become a mature adult and leader of this team. To my earlier point, why aren't we having to wait for Luck and RGII to mature? Sorry folks, this isn't something that time is going to fix--- or some type of support system. Time to move on.

Posted

And by the way--- I think Cam could do fine on a solid team that was winning. The problem is that we are in for a rough ride with changes coming and likely more losses---- not the environment for success for a guy who needs to grow up and doesn't seem to be able to handle adversity.