#31 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:00 PM

I can't wait to see D-Will off this team. Not because I can't stand him or am mad about the money, but just to watch him go to another team and watch him put up great numbers.

Williams play is a product of pitiful coaching and a system that doesn't fit his style. Not to mention an offensive line that has an undrafted right tackle, a division 2 rookie guard, a scrap heap utility line player, an aging and over rated former pro bowler, Garry f***ing Williams, a tight end who can't block at all, and a running back playing full back. All the while, we get to judge Williams on 5-8 touches a game.

I'd imagine Walter Payton would look terrible running a zone read behind that trash.

This is why I don't ever want him to go... If he ever plays for another team, he will surely go the fug off. I want our team to get off of this BS they have been trying to run and give the damn ball to our RB's... Wanna see a cellar team at 1-5 turn out to have a winning record. Feed our RB's!

#32 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:02 PM

Maybe.

I think he could be an every down back for a couple years on a different team.

Which is worth something

He should be an every down back here... The Team isn't using any of our RB's properly though... And that's one of the major problems

#33 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,064 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:02 PM

Maybe.

I think he could be an every down back for a couple years on a different team.

Which is worth something

I don't even think he can be an every down back for one season. He's not exactly a spring chicken.

#34 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,270 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:04 PM

The read option sucks for Dwill the same way the read option sucks for Cam.

double standard is still double.

Meh, Cam is running just fine....it is the RBs that are bottled up now with the repeatitive zone reads. Cam can run in any system which is why Chud sucks balls.

Cam is at 6 yards a carry with 4 20+ yard runs.....TDs are only down bc of pooty playcalling the rare chances they get close.

Silly to compare Williams to Cam. That isn't a double standard. Stewart is a better RB regardless of scheme.....he is in his prime and Williams isn't

#35 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:04 PM

This is why I don't ever want him to go... If he ever plays for another team, he will surely go the fug off. I want our team to get off of this BS they have been trying to run and give the damn ball to our RB's... Wanna see a cellar team at 1-5 turn out to have a winning record. Feed our RB's!

I would agree with you, however he is useless on this team. This offensive line is pathetic and the play calling sux. Give the reigns to Stewart and draft a 5th round rookie to take d-wills place.

I would rather cut our losses and hopefully see him find 2-3 years of success with an afc team.

#36 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

I don't even think he can be an every down back for one season. He's not exactly a spring chicken.

C'mon bro... Think... At his age, compared to his actual # of carries ( very low when compared to other RB's his age)... He is better than a spring chicken... His legs are fresh as hell... No worries about DeAngelo on my end

#37 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,270 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:11 PM

C'mon bro... Think... At his age, compared to his actual # of carries ( very low when compared to other RB's his age)... He is better than a spring chicken... His legs are fresh as hell... No worries about DeAngelo on my end

Father time is still Father Time.....people keep pimping his carries and overlook had 2 to 3 times the touches entering the NFL as a majority of RBs.

Williams contract was always dumb....a thank you for what he did. Teams don't pay aging runners with young horses in the stable....and Stewart is ready to explode. Williams already peaked.

#38 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

I don't think D-Will suck, I just think his running style is more dependent upon the O-Line than Stew's is.

#39 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:19 PM

7/29/2011: Signed a five-year, $43 million contract. The deal contains $21 million guaranteed, including a $16 million signing bonus and $5 million of Williams' second-year base salary.
2012: $5.25 million
2013: $4.75 million
2014: $5.75 million
2015: $6.75 million
2016: Free Agent

Some of you cap-knowledeable guys can figure this out better than I, but this contract doesn't look to me like Williams is going anywhere until after the 2013 season...

#40 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,765 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

This should have happened at least two years ago if not three.

#41 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,643 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

not sure what all the hooplah is about...now or later, this is the inevitable.

#42 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,375 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

I'm sure that it's clear to everyone that our problem is coaching. With Cam at the helm, D Will, J Stew and Tolbert in the backfield, theres no way we shouldn't be able to run the ball. In our 1st year with Chud as the OC, I made a thread about us needing another OC to run GL plays, now it's looking like we just need another OC or at least for the one we have to wake the Heck up and create consistant gameplans to the benefit of personnel we have. If it works, use it...If it don't, throw it away

#43 MemphisGambler

MemphisGambler

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:42 PM

not sure what all the hooplah is about...now or later, this is the inevitable.

Hooplah would be going back to last year's scheme, bringing in a second tight end, our decimated OL being able to run block and dumping the read option to the level of last year or less. If Chud and Rivera can't figure that out, fire them both after the Bears game. Tolbert for Shockey was a huge bonehead move. I have the feeling Rivera was behind that one though. Think about it. Did Hurney pick up these ex Chargers without Rivera's input ? Rivera obviously had influence on Hurney based on some of our pickups. All the AFC West players, Campbell, Nannee, R Edwards etc.

By the way, this is not a defending Hurney message.

#44 Starscream

Starscream

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • LocationLaurinburg, NC

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

I hate to say it b/c D-Will has been my favorite Player over the years, but things are finally catching up to him. I really hate to say it, but his time here is pretty much up. Running backs only last so long. He would be decent tradebait right now before he gets too old (by running back standards) and would make a good RB for a team that is desperately in need of his services.

#45 Starscream

Starscream

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • LocationLaurinburg, NC

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:46 PM

To be honest though, he deserves it. Let him go somewhere where he can put up good numbers and be effective. It's not happening here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com