Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers expected to hire outside consultant to run GM search

89 posts in this topic

Posted

At least there's news on it now... I mean, to me it appears as though JR is serious about getting things turned around... But at the same time, it's almost an admission that he has no fuggin idea what's wrong with his own club...

This isn't good imo

I just cannot understand that kind of thinking.

3 people like this

Posted

I just cannot understand that kind of thinking.

If you'd like to elaborate on what you don't understand about what I said, I'd be more than happy to explain it to you.

Posted

holy poo i hate that guy

yea that guy sucks

Posted

right but alot of people said JR fired Hurney with a plan in mind. If he had any kind of plan, he would already know who he wanted.

You don't really need a plan to fire your GM during the season. GM's don't really do much during seasons and any new GM that comes in won't be able to do much for a while with our cap space anyways. Again, this is still better than JR hiring some yes man from within and "moving on".

Posted

JR is doing what any smart owner would do, getting some objective input from outside experts.

When he started this franchise JR brought in several individuals known for their NFL expertise to help get the franchise up and running.

His only mistake was letting all of them go and giving too much responsibility to his sons and Dom Capers.

It looks like he has returned to the philosophy that helped make this franchise initially so successful.

I take it as a very good sign.

Thanks JR!

3 people like this

Posted

This is one of the most impaction decisions of the last 10 years, even if people don't realize it. Right now it's getting less attention than a thread comparing Cam to Delhomme.

Posted

yes this is very pivotal.

I think it's a very encouraging decision by Jerry to look at different perspectives to get a good sense of the GM we require, but there's still plenty of time for him to fug up this decision.

Posted

yep...he could hire a yes man from the outside.

Posted

the-holy-ghost-o.gif
1 person likes this

Posted

for the GM search i think this sould be great, esp. given his respect for cam. the guy has been one of his biggest and most respectable supporters since auburn.

i think he knows enough about the league and would take a personal enough of an interest to make it a great selection.

seriously? You put his respect for cam newton as a precursor to good judgement as to who our new GM should be? Are you high tonight?

Posted

If you'd like to elaborate on what you don't understand about what I said, I'd be more than happy to explain it to you.

Seeking outside expert opinion does not mean that you have no idea what is going on. It means you are mature enough to get all the info and opinions you can to make the best possible decision.

2 people like this

Posted

Lets see.

Who knows how to build a winning franchise in multiple sporting organizations, knows the NFL backwards and forwards, as well as the Charlotte area, but is not a part of the panthers organization?