Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

connor or diggs as the starter

33 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Yeah, why don't we see what the kid can do before we think he can start.

Posted · Report post

:confused5:

Dan played in 3 games last year and had 4 tackles.

he got injured, yes, but when he did play, he played very well. good special teams play isn't defined by numbers of tackles.

Posted · Report post

connor was a special teams standout in 2008 and he'll do the same this year... but that LB spot is Diggs' for the keeping, unless something very unexpected happens in TC.

:confused5:

Dan played in 3 games last year and had 4 tackles.

torn acl in the 3rd week. not really time enough to be a stand out.

Posted · Report post

torn acl in the 3rd week. not really time enough to be a stand out.

relatively speaking, at least...

Posted · Report post

Connor is not exactly the prototypical OLB. He is not fast enough and has little to no pass rushing ability. He has potential though, he's real smart.

Posted · Report post

Connor isn't the type of linebacker to knock someone out on a play. He plays very conservative in terms of tackling and is fundamentally sound which could be looked at in two different perspectives. It could be good to be a conservative straight wrap up tackler but he won't make the big plays and blow someone up to cause a fumble. He has good form though and comes from the linebacker U so I think it's safe to say that he won't miss any tackles once he has someone squared up.

Posted · Report post

If he lives up to his potential he will find a way on the field. He's more suited to play MLB but we all ready have the best MLB in the game right now and I don't think Beason will move outside.

Posted · Report post

Diggs the man is a beast at his age. He also plays ST and thats just shows you how good of shape he is in.

Posted · Report post

connor still has to get back into football shape.

we will se.

Posted · Report post

connor has yet to show anything, and diggs is very under appriciated

I don't feel like connor fits here but hopefully I am wrong.

Posted · Report post

connor has yet to show anything, and diggs is very under appriciated

I don't feel like connor fits here but hopefully I am wrong.

I don't think he has enough athetism to play in a 3-4 and I don't know how effective he will be in a Tampa 2. The Tampa 2 requires the MLB to drop in deep coverage and I would probably take Diggs to play shallow coverage over Connor.

Posted · Report post

Whoever proves to the coaches that they are the better player for the position. I say that will be Diggs, based on experience and better coverage skills. This might be a moot point anyway, because the coaches might not give Connor a look at OLB.

Diggs is a very solid player. He's not a big impact player but he's certainly not a weak link either.