Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beason likely headed to IR

67 posts in this topic

Posted

I expect Beason to play well next season unless this is the same ACL. He might be on another team though, but I doubt it.

Posted

ACL?

anyway, wonder if it is his Achilles or shoulder that landed him on IR?

Posted

I feel for Beason. He tried and achilles injuries are difficult to come back from. Saying that, I expect him back full strength next season.

Posted

I'm still right. Badass DLine masks average LBers

now if opposing OL can stay off him he can make plays at the LOS and not 4+ yards down field.Luke is straight but he gets blocked easily. and yes part of that is because the guys in front of him.

Posted

Our crappy D has kept us in the Tampa game and the Cowbitch game. Fuggin offense let us down. They aren't getting much pressure but they are keeping folks out of the end zone for the most part. A lot of pressure on a suspect D.

Posted

Silver lining in all of this is that Keuchly gets to take a strangle hold on the middle linebacker position.

Get well soon Beast.

Posted

Our crappy D has kept us in the Tampa game and the Cowbitch game. Fuggin offense let us down.

Yep. Seattle game as well.

They also made the play that single handedly turned the Saints Game around (Godfrey INT)

Our defense has had two terrible games (Atlanta and New York). Outside of those two, the defense has played decent enough for this team to have a 4-2 record. The offense has wet the bed.

1 person likes this

Posted

rotoworld...

Panthers MLB Jon Beason said he's likely going to have season-ending knee surgery early next week.

Beason hasn't played since Week 4. "I've been pretty banged up, it's been week to week," he said Tuesday. "And we decided to take another look at the knee, see what's going on. got the MRI yesterday and it didn't look good." It's the second straight year Beason will end up on season-ending injured reserve. Last year, he tore his Achilles' tendon in Week 1. The Panthers will turn to stud first-round rookie and natural middle linebacker Luke Kuechly now. Kuechly has 26 tackles, one interception and one breakup in his last two games.

Steve Reed@SteveReedAP

No surprise here, but I'd fully expect Panthers LB Jon Beason (knee/shoulder) to be on injured reserve by the end of the week. if not today

Steve Reed@SteveReedAP

The injuries Beason has endured the last 2 seasons, and the arrival of Luke Kuechly, lead to doubt about his long-term future in Carolina.

Jonathan Jones@jjones9

Beason: I'm probably going to IR (with h/t to @MikeSolarte for having it first) http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/

Posted

Ya his done!

We have A LOT of big contracts who are either done or are not doing anything.

Lets be honest, Carolina Panthers are atleast 5 years away from anything.

1 person likes this

Posted

Might as well take Beason out back and shoot him, he's done forev's.

am I doing it right?

Posted

This time, don't make those tough guy youtube videos.... career most likely done

1 person likes this

Posted

What exactly is the knee problem? Sprain, tear? What?

And I wouldn't be so quick to write him off guys... I think the knee issue could be related to overworking and/or not giving the achilles time to properly heal. Often times when one injury in your lower body isn't properly healed, it will have effects on other areas overcompensating for the original injury.

It could be as simple as that.

1 person likes this