Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carpantherfan84

Les Miles, Urban Meyer, Nick Saban

60 posts in this topic

Saban isn't a slam dunk, but I'd take him over Rivera in a heartbeat. I think we can do better, however.

Saban could be an outstanding NFL coach IMO, I just don't want him because I don't trust that he'll stay here. He seems driven by complete control as well as his ego, and those two things aren't conducive with being an NFL coach, whereas in college those things stay intact.

While we're busy brainstorming what's best for the franchise, how about this awesome guy? I heard he's really good!

120406_bobby_petrino_neck_brace.nbcsports-story-612.jpg

David Shaw will be the next college coach to jump into the NFL.he was an assistant in the NFL for like 9 years. he was Luck's OC while Harbaugh was there, and took over as the HC when he left.

david-shaw-p1.jpg

1 person likes this

Only college coach I'd be interested in is Chip Kelly. Point Blank. Period.

This

I don't know what the #s are, but not very many college coaches have had success in the NFL.... two totally different games

1 person likes this

Chip Kelly would definetly know how to use Stewart the right way..

Had Saban landed Brees in Miami, we'd all be singing a different song about him. He's an egotistical prick though, and his ire would probably wear on the pros after a certain amount of time. I used to think that of Coughlin too.

1 person likes this

would it be bad for me to say that if andy reid gets fired from philly that JR should immediately replace rivera with him?

Urban Meyer: He hates losing and leaves when it gets tough. Besides he is happy at OSU.

Nick Saban: Don't see him going to the NFL, he tried that. He has got it made in Bama.

Les Miles: Not that great of a coach to begin with. Don't want.

As much as I dispise Saban for the way he treated my Spartans. He is a winner. A control freak. And lives and breaths football. Although you could probably say those last two about every NFL coach.

You could do worse than Saban. But you can do better. A lot has to do with who our new GM will be. What kind of background he comes from. What kind of team he wants will go a long way in whether Rivera stays or we get a new coach.