15 replies to this topic

#1 Verge

Verge

Huddle Captain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:34 PM

Pretty sad about doing it this early...but oh well.

5th overall pick:
Posted Image
Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee

We have to fill WR, we just have to, our WR corps cannot consist of an aging Steve Smith and Brandon Lafell, Cam and this offense straight need a #1 guy. This, above all, in my opinion, is our biggest need.

2nd round:
Posted Image
David Amerson, CB, NC State

Amerson is 6'3, and he is a dominant corner, big corners are currently dominant in the nfl, and our starting corner is 5'8, we need depth, and we need to be able to cover Colston, Jones, White, and Jackson.

3rd round:
Posted Image
Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington

Another big corner for a team that is lacking, and he is a great talent to have in the 3rd. The D will be instantly improved.

4th round:
Posted Image
Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia

We need safety help bad, and Rambo is the best safety on the board.

I will do the other picks later in the season. For now, FA signings, without Hurney, we might spend some money.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Panthersguru14

Panthersguru14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:51 PM

I like this mock but we do not have a 3rd although for trufant I would not mind trading up!

#3 Verge

Verge

Huddle Captain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:19 PM

I like this mock but we do not have a 3rd although for trufant I would not mind trading up!

I assume we will somehow attain a 3rd.

#4 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:21 PM

Hunter isn't even the best WR on a terrible Tennessee team. That would be Rock Hill native Cordarrelle Patterson.

If you're taking a WR in the Top 5, it better be Keenan Allen or Robert Woods. Love the rest of the mock.

#5 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:21 PM

You're fugging dreaming if you think we'll get those free agents.

I love Justin Hunter though.

#6 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

I was a little lazy to read the descriptions and statements for this mock, so when I started seeing pictures of guys from other teams, I was like "What in the world is going on here?" :lol: I like the Emerson pick, but unsure if he will be a good corner in the league. Perhaps we can get Sean Smith in free agency, if he's not asking for a lot of money. I see him as good as Emerson, and maybe pick up a safety in the second round.

#7 KDawg004

KDawg004

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:19 PM

Rather have Keenan Allen in the 1st. Would love Amerson in the 2nd. Has been underwhelming this season but good value. Try him at CB and if not move him to safety. Wouldn't mind trading up for Trufant. Good pick. Love Rambo in the 4th but I doubt he will be there. Who knows though. Overall great mock if it's anything close to that. Definitely dreaming on the FA pickups lol. Maybe we can create some wiggle room to sign a DT and OG.

#8 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

Rather have Keenan Allen in the 1st. Would love Amerson in the 2nd. Has been underwhelming this season but good value. Try him at CB and if not move him to safety. Wouldn't mind trading up for Trufant. Good pick. Love Rambo in the 4th but I doubt he will be there. Who knows though. Overall great mock if it's anything close to that. Definitely dreaming on the FA pickups lol. Maybe we can create some wiggle room to sign a DT and OG.

I like Amerson a lot, but I think he'd be average at CB. But I believe he'd make an amazing FS.

#9 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:27 PM

Yeah I think Amerson translates to the FS position very well.

#10 Panthersguru14

Panthersguru14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:00 PM

Yes and I know this might hurt some people who love beason but we should be able to get a mid round pick for him and maybe another mid round for deangelo.

#11 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,878 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

we don't have a third, and is that receiver from tenn the best this year?

#12 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

we don't have a third, and is that receiver from tenn the best this year?

He is definitely up there. I think it's just preference. I think if anything drops him it'll be his injury "history". He tore his ACL.

#13 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 5,152 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:32 PM

Whoever drafts Amerson more than likely moves him to one of the safety positions. He's not a cover corner, he jumps routes/gambles. Last year, paid off. This year, not so much.

#14 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:37 PM

Whos that saints player that's not devery Henderson? Plus we won't have cap to sign any of those players....that's a pipe dream and a half

#15 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,637 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:42 PM

Very unrealistic mock. Love the player but highly don't anything happens like how you've laid it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com