Photo
- - - - -

What takes more faith: Theism or Atheism?

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#31 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 07:03 PM

lol

thank god ive got made up chain emails for encouragement!

Vahid "MO" Nasseri

he lives in Clemmons NC- Look him up and give him a call.

He loves telling the story, I am sure he would welcome your call.

#32 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,434 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 07:11 PM

homeless guy outside arby's loves telling stories, too.

#33 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 07:13 PM

Well, it all really boils down to whether or not Jesus Christ was a liar, doesn't it. The challenge goes out to prove he was. His miracles were well known and not disputed by the religious establishment - they feared him for it. So, if he was who he said he was, then God is quite real.

Again, everything, in its complexity, is unfriggin believable. And I don't think all that exists around us and in the universe is some random, cosmic accident. In the end, as I can't prove God exists, noone can prove he doesn't.

#34 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 07:20 PM

Well, it all really boils down to whether or not Jesus Christ was a liar, doesn't it.

I don't agree. I would say it boils down to what was actually published in what is today's Bible and how accurate it is.

The answer to which I have no idea

#35 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,164 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 07:48 PM

you're right dimbee.

According to biblical scholars none of the books of the Bible are written by eyewitness' there is much evidence to back that up (read a book on it). its seem very likely that the stories just became more and more fabricated as they were passed from person to person. If you look at the 4 gospels they are quite different not just the conflicting details but the messages of the gospels as well. John which is thought to be the last one written is all about Jesus being God. looking back at some of the oldest manuscripts John is the only of the Gospels that really claims Jesus is God.

#36 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,866 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 08:59 PM

so guys, i know this guy dave from ohio.

he was at this beach once, and the tide had gone out, leaving all these starfish in the sand.

he saw a figure in the distance bending over and picking them up, then throwing them into the ocean.

when dave got closer, he asked the man what he was doing.

the man said, "if the son comes up, it'll fry these guys" and threw one back into the ocean.

dave said, "there are millions of these all over the world. how can you make a difference?"

the man smiled, lifted one, wound up, and sodomized dave from ohio for hours with a star fish. every orifice. twice.

#37 goodlay

goodlay

Moore than a backup

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 09:19 PM

I saw God in my waffles, he has to be real!!

Why would you believe what the Bible said when it was written by man? How the hell do they know how the world began? There is absolutely no evidence for God's existence. How come all of that amazing stuff that happened in the Bible has never occurred again? How come people can't live in fishes anymore, or why can't anyone resurrect themselves? Im gonna get raped by religious people but I don't really care.

Edited by goodlay, 23 May 2009 - 09:23 PM.

#38 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,434 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 02:34 AM

Well, it all really boils down to whether or not Jesus Christ was a liar, doesn't it. The challenge goes out to prove he was. His miracles were well known and not disputed by the religious establishment - they feared him for it. So, if he was who he said he was, then God is quite real.

healed the sick, raised the dead, persecuted and crucified for claiming to be the messiah, then resurrected. apollonius of tyana and a few dozen other "messiahs" of the time. it's not a unique story.

the only difference is there is evidence that apollonius ever existed.

#39 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,166 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:18 AM

healed the sick, raised the dead, persecuted and crucified for claiming to be the messiah, then resurrected. apollonius of tyana and a few dozen other "messiahs" of the time. it's not a unique story.

the only difference is there is evidence that apollonius ever existed.

are you implying there's no existence jesus ever lived?

if not, i apologize for misreading.

if so, you may want to rethink that position.

#40 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,940 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:15 AM

Theism takes more faith

#41 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• HUDDLER
  • 3,940 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:41 AM

hmm... the big bang or creation? both seem like cobbed together explainations to me. i guess it just depends on what you want to believe.

I have problems with both theories.

#42 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,866 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:18 AM

edit* whoops

#43 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,434 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 12:06 PM

are you implying there's no existence jesus ever lived?

if not, i apologize for misreading.

if so, you may want to rethink that position.

no eyewitness accounts, no archeological evidence. the only accounts of his existence at all were written decades or centuries later. it's all conjecture.

#44 goodlay

goodlay

Moore than a backup

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 12:45 PM

I have problems with both theories.

So do I, which makes it all the more interesting seeing there is no 100% factual truth out there on how our world was created or how us humans got here today.

#45 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,166 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 24 May 2009 - 01:31 PM

no eyewitness accounts, no archeological evidence. the only accounts of his existence at all were written decades or centuries later. it's all conjecture.

absurdly untrue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.