Photo
- - - - -

Can Rivera pull this off or is this just going to be a painful process?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,609 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

On the surface I see the change from last year to this as much about coaching as about talent especially on offense.I guess that begs the question of how does Rivera and Chud keep there jobs?
Does JR buy into Rivera's suggestion of not having the talent or as Cam has stated the play calling?Or can he not stomach the payout of the contracts of his existing coaches?
The losing attitude that some have suggested really does not answer the regression from one the most productive offenses to one of the worst except we now have an offense that no one believes in?.

To me we are missing part of the story as to what happened. I get it Hurney has had ample time to field competitive players at each position and anyone looking at our secondary must agree he failed.But what does that have to do with the offense regression? Why the timing? What has happened behind closed doors that we do not know?

I know one thing and that is most of this does not make sense to me.

#2 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,539 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:29 PM

Why would anyone think Rivera can pull anything off? He's shown us very little in almost a season and a half.

#3 Toolbox

Toolbox

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,383 posts
  • Locationnc

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

Rivera is toast n we all know it

#4 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

I agree with BB.

#5 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,609 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:36 PM

Why would anyone think Rivera can pull anything off? He's shown us very little in almost a season and a half.

Then why is he still the coach if JR shared these views? I agree with your statement but he is still here

#6 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,138 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

Even if he pulls it off the rest of the season will be like a colonoscopy: diving into a sh*thole but we manage to stay numb through it all.

#7 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:38 PM

Then why is he still the coach if JR shared these views?

JR may share these views. If he does, he is going to let the new GM bring in his guy.

#8 dksmith17

dksmith17

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

Just go ahead and fire Chud now. If there is an amazing turnaround Rivera might just get a second chance.

#9 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,635 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

only one way we can really know.

sit back and watch.

#10 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:04 PM

I think 22 games into his NFL coaching career Rivera is what he is and that's not a very good head coach. There are lots of failed head coaches who are good coordinators (wade Phillips, mike Nolan, Dom capers to name a few). Some guys just aren't cut out to lead the team and Rivera is probably of that mold. Time to move on from this mistake.

#11 CBDellinger

CBDellinger

CAMdamonium!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:16 PM

I give Ron a 5% chance to pull off a miracle and save his job.

#12 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

No, this season is lost. Ron Rivera is just clueless. I don't see him as being intelligent, probably just took too many hits to the head during his playing career. He's unable to assess what's going on during the game and make adjustments. His shining moment was when he called timeout right before halftime, allowing the Saints to kick a field goal. The Saints ended up winning by three. After that I knew Rivera was a horrible coach but I thought he might be able to skirt by on Cam Newton's coattails. But he just managed to mess that up too.

#13 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

I think JR fully intends to completely blow this team up and start from scratch. Firing Hurney at this point in the season doesnt make a lot of sense except that it sends a message to the fanbase - he sees fans abandonding ship and that has to be a major concern. It also gives RR one last chance to show if he has what it takes to be a head coach in the NFL. Even if JR wanted to fire Rivera right away, who would take the team over 7 weeks into the season? It is highly doubtful this team would get any more wins under any other coach at this point so what would firing Rivera now accomplish? Better to let this season play out with Rivera and company, start the gm/consultant search rolling and be ready to go when the season ends.

#14 njcarolina

njcarolina

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:31 PM

It's a process.... therefor it is what it is

Attached File  QN4Dw.St.74.jpg   46.58KB   0 downloads

#15 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationLakeland, FL

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:54 AM

This didnt deserve its own thread but NFL sunday countdown just said that it was Hurney that hired Rivera and Richardson was against it. This is news to me...I thought Jerry had final say on everything? Jerry also said the rest of the season is Rivera's evaluation as we all know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com