Photo
- - - - -

Can Rivera pull this off or is this just going to be a painful process?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 CBDellinger

CBDellinger

CAMdamonium!

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationCharlotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:16 PM

I give Ron a 5% chance to pull off a miracle and save his job.

#12 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

No, this season is lost. Ron Rivera is just clueless. I don't see him as being intelligent, probably just took too many hits to the head during his playing career. He's unable to assess what's going on during the game and make adjustments. His shining moment was when he called timeout right before halftime, allowing the Saints to kick a field goal. The Saints ended up winning by three. After that I knew Rivera was a horrible coach but I thought he might be able to skirt by on Cam Newton's coattails. But he just managed to mess that up too.

#13 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
Guests

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

I think JR fully intends to completely blow this team up and start from scratch. Firing Hurney at this point in the season doesnt make a lot of sense except that it sends a message to the fanbase - he sees fans abandonding ship and that has to be a major concern. It also gives RR one last chance to show if he has what it takes to be a head coach in the NFL. Even if JR wanted to fire Rivera right away, who would take the team over 7 weeks into the season? It is highly doubtful this team would get any more wins under any other coach at this point so what would firing Rivera now accomplish? Better to let this season play out with Rivera and company, start the gm/consultant search rolling and be ready to go when the season ends.

#14 njcarolina

njcarolina

ROOKIE

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:31 PM

It's a process.... therefor it is what it is

Attached File  QN4Dw.St.74.jpg   46.58KB   0 downloads

#15 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationTampa, FL
HUDDLER

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:54 AM

This didnt deserve its own thread but NFL sunday countdown just said that it was Hurney that hired Rivera and Richardson was against it. This is news to me...I thought Jerry had final say on everything? Jerry also said the rest of the season is Rivera's evaluation as we all know.

#16 Match.com

Match.com

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA
HUDDLER

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:56 AM

Even if he pulls it off the rest of the season will be like a colonoscopy: diving into a sh*thole but we manage to stay numb through it all.

lol, lol

#17 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:17 AM

Get out the morphine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users