Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which of these players should be cut if unwilling to restructure?

34 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[indent=1]Feel free to correct me if I am wrong but the prorated amounts I have in parenthese would be acclerated and hit the cap immediately if the player is traded, hence making pretty much half of them untradeable.[/indent]
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

gahhh Marty wtf were you thinking? Back to rebuilding mode I guess

Posted · Report post

[quote name='R0CKnR0LLA' timestamp='1351106508' post='1961628']
Just to correct you here, when you designate a June 1st cut it doesn't cut the cap hit in half for the two years, you take the normal cap hit for the first year and then the entire remainder the following year.

For example, if Charles Johnson was designated a June 1st cut the 2013 dead money cap hit would be $6 million, and the remainder ($12 million) would hit in 2014.
[/quote]yep. it's still not desireable, but it makes it a whole lot more manageable and this is pretty much the kind of thing that makes me worry very little and gives me confidence that it won't be too horrible for the next GM to fix.

i'm more worried about team building philosophies of the new people coming in and how aggressive they are in trying to get things turned around. a smart GM and coaching staff can make things work.

Posted · Report post

Beason. Gamble. DWill and Godfrey

Cut

Posted · Report post

ANYONE who refuses to work with the new management team to restructure their deal needs to be shown the door.

Ive been an unabashed fan of Mr Smith but even he should be given his walking papers if he will not help the team get out of this mess.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Johnson's contract is nauseating.

Posted · Report post

The only 2 we gain Cap space from is Gross and Gamble. I am sure Gross will restructure. I think Gamble will move on.

Posted · Report post

All of them

Posted · Report post

You can't just cut players if you have nobody behind them. We have limited resources to build back, we can't go creating a plethora of ADDITIONAL needs. It doesn't help because that money will go right back down the drain once we invest it in someone else noteworthy, along with any cap penalty we may receive from the players we axed that we're replacing.

Guys like Smith and Gamble should be safe. Guys like Williams and sadly Beason probably aren't. Frankly I don't see why you don't trade Williams now to a team on the hump and see what you can scrape back.

It's not about what you get in return, which will likely be a 5th at best, but simply about offloading his salary. You wait until the offseason and his trade value goes way down because teams know we're going to cut him.

And of course expect some restructures in there but probably not on the same level as the Hurney era Panthers which relied pretty much exclusively on restructures to stay above water when managing the cap.

Posted · Report post

Hopefully this ends any lingering doubt of Marty Hurney = salary cap genius :startle:

These numbers are so unbelievably bad, I keep hoping to see a missing decimal point appear, especially for CJ.

Posted · Report post

Cut them all and let fans play for league minimum. That would be a more entertaining 0-6 then this 1-5. My passion for this team is slowly turning to hate. They've all had a part in running this poo into the ground!

Posted · Report post

We have no depth and no superstars because instead of going after either hurney decided to grossly over pay "our guys" who less face it our just slightly above average.
1 person likes this