Photo
- - - - -

Which of these players should be cut if unwilling to restructure?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,916 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

Whoa, who are we going to get to replace some of these players? Edwards has been productive and has done a better job than Fua. He's playing for the league min, so really he should stay for the remainder of his contract.

Gamble, Gross, Smith, Beason should ALL restructure their contracts. Actually some of them already have last year. Olsen did, Gross did, smith did. There's only so much restructuring they can handle.

CJ and Godfrey need to start playing better or get the fug out of the team.

Looks like we are seriously going to build through the draft from now on. I hope so because this is ridiculous.

#32 pantherrice

pantherrice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

Charles Johnson

#33 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,709 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:21 PM

Back to the topic at hand, I went back and used that website to compare average salaries by position and was sickened to see CJ is the 4th highest paid DE out there. It's water under the bridge at this point and our next GM will hopefully surround him with better talent to help him try and live up to his contract.

Think CJ is bad? Go look at how Dwan Edwards' salary stacks up with other DT's. Now I know why no one was talking about what he cost...he has the 9th highest base salary for DT's. That's right, Dwan is paid more than guys like Mebane and just $400,000 less per year than Vince Wilfork.

Buffalo cut him because he was not living up to his contract, so what did we do? Pay him more than he got there. That just boggles my mind.

#34 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,684 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

Whoa, who are we going to get to replace some of these players? Edwards has been productive and has done a better job than Fua. He's playing for the league min, so really he should stay for the remainder of his contract.

Gamble, Gross, Smith, Beason should ALL restructure their contracts. Actually some of them already have last year. Olsen did, Gross did, smith did. There's only so much restructuring they can handle.

there's a huge difference between a restructure that simply pushes cap hits into the future (this actually benefits the player in every way) and taking a pay cut.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com