Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bubble doesn't help black QBs

55 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Super_Freak' timestamp='1351110829' post='1961738']
What if i said "darky being darky"? Not so funny now is it.
[/quote]

what is funny is the fact that you lost a bet on the saints game and aren't supposed to be posting about panthers football.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='london67' timestamp='1351111467' post='1961746']

what is funny is the fact that you lost a bet on the saints game and aren't supposed to be posting about panthers football.
[/quote]

this is about race not football.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Super_Freak' timestamp='1351111535' post='1961747']

this is about race not football.
[/quote]

clearly talking panthers football right here:

[quote name='Super_Freak' timestamp='1351110108' post='1961721']
Nothing, Chud sucks but he's still in charge of the O right now. I think only Steve Smith has the credentials to point fingers.
[/quote]

Posted · Report post

Whitlock is Fox's version of Bayless, so I didn't even read the article.

That being said, as I mentioned in the other thread, I don't think race is always the issue, but it certainly plays a role in how some media deals with Cam and is worthy of discussion...

This is overkill though.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='relaximapro' timestamp='1351110046' post='1961719']
Cam needed to criticize the coaching staff so that the national media could become more aware that this is our #1 problem at the moment (because apparently all the talking-heads do is look at his stat line and watch his press conference). I believe that the biggest critics and detractors of the Panthers on Monday don't even watch the Panthers play on Sunday.
[/quote]

No he did not need to criticize the coaching staff. Half of the crap he is getting is from his interviews. Cam will lose the battle with the media.If you care about Cam stop rewarding him for actions that will hurt his career.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='jarhead' timestamp='1351111996' post='1961757']

No he did not need to criticize the coaching staff. Half of the crap he is getting is from his interviews. Cam will lose the battle with the media.If you care about Cam stop rewarding him for actions that will hurt his career.
[/quote]

Continuing to play for Chud will hurt his career. It's already hurting now.

Posted · Report post

Surprising Whitlock doesn't have a joke about Cam's penis. Whitlock's credibility has been lost.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='jarhead' timestamp='1351111996' post='1961757']
[/quote]

I can see you at least took the time to read the article and understand what is actually going on.

It's sad that so many don't realize that some of his biggest supporters are the ones doing the biggest damage.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='PantherWhiskers' timestamp='1351113583' post='1961787']
I can see you at least took the time to read the article and understand what is actually going on.

It's sad that so many don't realize that some of his biggest supporters are the ones doing the biggest damage.
[/quote]

I must have missed the paragraph that explains why I'm racist for supporting Cam.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='megadeth078' timestamp='1351113726' post='1961790']

I must have missed the paragraph that explains why I'm racist for supporting Cam.
[/quote]

I can tell you miss a lot of things.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='PantherWhiskers' timestamp='1351109184' post='1961691']
I have been lurking around the forums here for some time and didn't post mainly due to noticing the reactions some people have towards others. Lately I have become offended by so many posters here automatically making racist remarks towards others, while acting racist themselves and making generic racist remarks, such as "whitey being whitey" while using the race card towards anyone that has valid criticism towards Cam Newton. So I figured I should speak my mind and say please do not act like you are not racist yourself because some posters here reek of it.

I was glad to see today at least one black journalist taking some responsibility and pointing out the glaring issue with some of the Cam Newton supporters, like Warren Moon which has been mimicked by plenty of Cam Newton fans, and I believe a lot of people on here should take the time to read this.

You are not doing anyone, including Cam Newton, any favors by constantly attacking anyone that has valid and concerning criticism to say about him. Shielding him from any and all sort of criticism, yes even if you believe it comes from a racist, is only going to coddle him and send the wrong message. The message that everything he is doing is perfectly acceptable and excused due to being young, that very little is his fault, and anything else is simply due to racism.

If the only excuse for Cam Newton's perfomance on the field as well as his behavior and composure during public press conferense is that he is young and immature, then perhaps he is too young and immature to lead a football team of grown men and handle the national media.
[/quote]

Carpantherfan84 here to give the gratuitous "educated, know it all black man" point of view.

The thing that you seem to be missing whiskers is that people are not defending Cam's actions. A lot of his fans black and white will readily admit that his attitude at best needs some improvement. I have yet to hear someone say it doesnt need at least a little tweaking. Most of his fans, black and white have simply noticed that he is receiving an [b]incredibly[/b] disproportionate amount of criticism for a minor display of disdain in an overwhelmingly difficult situation for him (I say overwhelming because if it wasn't he would have found a way to win). He hasn't yelled at anyone, he hasnt pushed anyone. He constantly points to hisself as part of the problem and says that his attitude is about his inability to win. Even in the interview his comments about script were about himself if you listen to the whole thing and the sweetheart comment didn't sound condescending to me but it was an insulting question from the reporter. What could he have said to answer that? If he knew he would have done it on the field. Granted a more media savvy veteran leader would have deflected that question expertly but even they would have had to be taught that skill at some point in their life. There are plenty of reasons that could explain the media point of view, #1 pick etc... But when coupled with the fact that they constantly compare him only to black QB's specifically ones that have failed at the QB position it gives people pause as to their motives. The media [b]DEFINITELY[/b] has no credibility when claiming race doesn't play a part in their coverage, decisions, debate whatever. So it is perfectly normal for people to draw the conclusion that his criticism is racially motivated. Now whether or not it is true doesn't really matter, but as someone who truly wants the country to heal from the effects of slavery and the subsequent century of bigotry and mistreatment of blacks I firmly believe the conversation has to be had. Not so we can identify and ridicule racists. I dont really care who is racist we have gotten to the point in society that it really is of no meaning to be racist other than it is a minor inconvenience when meeting new people. But if we are eventually going to eliminate we atleast have to feel free to talk about it, question our eyes and formulate intelligent opinions on what we see.
By all means disagree, but keep the conversation openminded.

Okay that is all.
4 people like this

Posted · Report post

I'm sick of those that berate Cam Newton always complaining that they are being so disrespected because not everyone agrees with their opinions. It's a weak cop out, quit acting like a female and man up.

This is a board for discussion, so don't be shocked and butt hurt if we think you're a moron.