Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This is the most I've been excited about the Panthers...

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Take a look at the contracts and see what the new guy will have to face. Look at Marty's drafts in 2009, 2010, and 2011. Marty did not leave a lot for him to work with.

Posted

It really should be different in 2 years after this. For the time being RR, Chud, and McDerm have 10 games to save their jobs. Right now it doesn't look good. They are clearly losing the locker room. What do you expect when you bring in a 2 TE offense and you try to make into an option run scheme. Who in their right mind would hear that game plan and say: "Brilliant!"

There is so much failure dragging this team down. Its obviously difficult for Cam to handle the losses. He's a little immature, maybe with the slouching and such, but he's a born competitor and he is definitely not the same as last year. His regression is not just due to poor scheming. He hasnt taken advantage of game winning opportunities throughout his short career.

I'd like to think it's possible that the players could get it together and still put up a fight. But this is the kind of situation that ends up with the #1 overall pick. That would mean we've taken a huge step back. Even if we went .500 from this point, we would still only achieve a 6-10 record. If you are gonna bring in a new GM, wouldn't you ideally want a top five pick to intice the best candidates.

I don't see this ending anytime soon. And when it does, I don't see it ending pretty for RR.

1 person likes this

Posted

As long as we don't get stuck with Jerry Angelo, I'll be happy.

1 person likes this

Posted

The first thing Rivera needs to do is fit the scheme to match his players strengths, not the other way around.

..and adjust to the line he has now, which isn't the line he started with.

Players aren't football stupid.

Anybody who thinks that Williams and Stewart don't want to line up in the I-formation and pound it are nuts, including that sorry OC.

My disappointment is that Rivera had to be threatened to fix this. I'll tell you want, as I said before, if he comes out with that run option as the main run play, he should be fired on the plane home from Chicago, in fact, don't let him on the plane.

Posted

I'm excited at the prospect of a new GM... we have talent, we're just not using it very well, this thing could get turned around quickly.

1 person likes this

Posted

it's like when your ass is sore and you can't figure out why and you're just pissed off and cranky, and then one day you realize there's a giant zit on your buttcheek, and you pop it, and your ass still hurts, and you know it might for a while, but you feel astronomically better about it.

i can't wait for sunday.

1 person likes this