Photo
- - - - -

Can Rivera change your mind about firing him...

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:10 PM

I think he can if we finish the year at 6-10.

If he does change it around, Hurney will prolly become the most hated person in Panther land for a long time

#32 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,689 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

He'd have to get us to 9-7 for me to change my mind, and that isn't happening. As much as he talks about the "team" not knowing how to close, he's as much of that problem as anyone - individually or collectively.

#33 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,243 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

Rivera had his shot to change my mind this past Sunday, and he came out with the same pathetic gameplan he had for the first five weeks. Had Hurney not been fired, I would have been 3,000 percent sure he would have come in with the same gameplan against Chicago. Yet it seems the Hurney firing really caught him off guard. On a personal level, I'm sad to see men lose their jobs, but that is the nature of the business. The reason he should be fired, is because this team has seriously regressed to the point of revolution within the locker room. I may be going out on a limb here, but I'm pretty sure that is a sign Rivera is in over his head as a HC. This is a little over his pay grade right now. When your fan base can make better decisions than you, ..........yeah. -_-

Rivera would have to make the playoffs or even win the superbowl before I change my mind. If he could change this thing around in ten games, why did it take someone getting fired before you did your job? He should have never tried to adapt a college offense to the league (we've seen the league shutdown the wildcat offense), but after the complete blowout at the hands of the Giants on national tv, that should have been enough to can those plays. Smitty, a beloved vet, said to throw the plays away and burn them. Rivera and Chud ignored all that, and kept on with it. To me that is borderline sabotaging the team. Then you let Cam incriminate himself week in and week out, by letting him get on the podium after losses. Throwing him to the wolves of the media, those who want to get a good story any way they can. :cigar: So nope, I want a coach who knows what he's doing. We have excellent talent on this team, and it is all being wasted because we don't have guys who can come up with a decent strategy on gameday. Either that, or they just don't care.

#34 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

Nope. We need a full blown make over. No more lingering left overs from Hurney. We need to go all out. New GM, new HC, new coaching staff, everything! I really hope we dont screw up our draft position at this poimt.

#35 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:45 PM

Yes. However what I think is irrelevant to what happens or should happen.

#36 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,265 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:51 PM

If the Panthers finish 7-9 or better, yes. He can keep his job. Any record better than 2011. Otherwise, fired.

#37 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:20 PM

I've got news for you, don't expect more than 5 read option plays the entire game.

you lose

#38 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,421 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:27 PM

No. This staff is as good as gone. If we're going to hire any GM worth a poo, he's not gonna be tied to this coaching staff.

#39 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

Sure, he can.

But I don't expect him to.

#40 PantherGuy

PantherGuy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

Would the following things make you change your mind about axing Ron...

1) the team goes on an extended winning streak, finishes at .500
2)Ron shows more emotion on the sidelines, maybe accidentally spits on some players while screaming at them...
3)Ron shelves the ludicrous read option and our backs start earning those millions...

Just a few off the top of my head... am sure you guys can add some of your own

Maybe for #1. I'm going to no for #2 because I think that would never happen. #3 wouldn't make much of a difference to me. That would only increase Rivera from awful to mediocre in my mind, because that still doesn't mean what we would do instead would work. Coaches have to be good, not just not terrible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.