Photo
- - - - -

Can Rivera change your mind about firing him...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

#25 ickmule

ickmule

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

I like the guy and after watching the last 2 pressers I feel for him. Not sure if I want him gone yet or not. It really matters not what we want, but I hope he turns it around and saves his job. The one unknown we have is none of us have any idea what JR has said to Rivera after Hurney was let go. Maybe he was told his job is safe, maybe not.

#26 RufftownRepresent

RufftownRepresent

Formerly Know As Ruff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

Honestly, at this point? No. I think he's shown why he interviewed for so many positions and never got the head coaching job.

#27 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

HUDDLER

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

no

#28 RufftownRepresent

RufftownRepresent

Formerly Know As Ruff

HUDDLER

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

Posted Image

dear god, rofl.

#29 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

HUDDLER

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

Finish the year 9-7 would.

#30 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

I haven't concluded that Rivera needs to be fired.

same here.

i want to see how he responds to struggles and failures like what is going on this year. if he comes out on top, or at least us finishing better than last year, then i'll be cool with him staying. main thing for me is growth and i look at the whole season, not just parts of it.

if i see no ability to recover and make things better from here out, and if the team doesn't improve...esp. if there is a regression then we should move on. i'm not gonna decide one way or the other though until the end of the season.

i am really curious to see what this team looks like personnel-wise at the end of the season with him having more control.

#31 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

HUDDLER

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:10 PM

I think he can if we finish the year at 6-10.

If he does change it around, Hurney will prolly become the most hated person in Panther land for a long time

#32 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

Moderators

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

He'd have to get us to 9-7 for me to change my mind, and that isn't happening. As much as he talks about the "team" not knowing how to close, he's as much of that problem as anyone - individually or collectively.

#33 Matthias

Matthias

HUDDLER

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

Rivera had his shot to change my mind this past Sunday, and he came out with the same pathetic gameplan he had for the first five weeks. Had Hurney not been fired, I would have been 3,000 percent sure he would have come in with the same gameplan against Chicago. Yet it seems the Hurney firing really caught him off guard. On a personal level, I'm sad to see men lose their jobs, but that is the nature of the business. The reason he should be fired, is because this team has seriously regressed to the point of revolution within the locker room. I may be going out on a limb here, but I'm pretty sure that is a sign Rivera is in over his head as a HC. This is a little over his pay grade right now. When your fan base can make better decisions than you, ..........yeah. -_-

Rivera would have to make the playoffs or even win the superbowl before I change my mind. If he could change this thing around in ten games, why did it take someone getting fired before you did your job? He should have never tried to adapt a college offense to the league (we've seen the league shutdown the wildcat offense), but after the complete blowout at the hands of the Giants on national tv, that should have been enough to can those plays. Smitty, a beloved vet, said to throw the plays away and burn them. Rivera and Chud ignored all that, and kept on with it. To me that is borderline sabotaging the team. Then you let Cam incriminate himself week in and week out, by letting him get on the podium after losses. Throwing him to the wolves of the media, those who want to get a good story any way they can. :cigar: So nope, I want a coach who knows what he's doing. We have excellent talent on this team, and it is all being wasted because we don't have guys who can come up with a decent strategy on gameday. Either that, or they just don't care.

#34 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• PipPipPipPip
TROLLOLOL

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

Nope. We need a full blown make over. No more lingering left overs from Hurney. We need to go all out. New GM, new HC, new coaching staff, everything! I really hope we dont screw up our draft position at this poimt.

#35 csx

csx

HUDDLER

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:45 PM

Yes. However what I think is irrelevant to what happens or should happen.

#36 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

HUDDLER

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:51 PM

If the Panthers finish 7-9 or better, yes. He can keep his job. Any record better than 2011. Otherwise, fired.