Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brokenbad

I was never jealous of people on welfare, until today.

108 posts in this topic

there are nimrods in all races and groups and sub groups. at what point will some of you guys realize that? why the hand wringing over stupidity?

Few years ago when I worked at CVS a lady rolled by on brand new Mercedes SUV that probably was worth close to $100k. She had a medicaid to pay for her Rx and then she asked me to get her some milk and she paid for it with food stamps. She came by every so often but damn that pissed me off...

1 person likes this

it is literally impossible that she was driving a friend or family member's car

or that this story is at all exaggerated or just made up

Ha! You'd be surprised on what kind of cars medicaid patients roll... Get a job at a pharmacy and stay at drive through window and you'll be blown away. Ask any retail pharmacy employee and I'm sure they have a story very similar to mine.

My uncle was making $150,000 a year under the table aka tax free from his business. He also had a government assistance (medicaid and food stamps) for almost 10 years until IRS busted his ass. He was fined something like $250k which he paid in full lol...

The owner of my company drives a 2003 Honda accord but could buy a fleet of Mercedes.

Is this the thread for anecdotal evidence?

The owner of my company drives a 2003 Honda accord but could buy a fleet of Mercedes.

Is this the thread for anecdotal evidence?

every thread about welfare is the thread for anecdotal evidence from what i can tell

Look, people are hungry and need help i'm fine with it and i don't get mad at the stories i hear about people cheating the system. WTF good is it going to do? To tell the truth and i must be getting soft in my old age but i'd rather have a 1000 cheats than one hungry family but thats just me. And no i've never used them myself or the school free lunch when my kid was in school and boy did we struggle in my earlier years but a lot of people do. I do have some female friends who get them and buy steaks and other high end foods just to sell them at half the cost to buy smokes and such. I don't buy from them but i don't judge the either.

it is literally impossible that she was driving a friend or family member's car

or that this story is at all exaggerated or just made up

could it also actually be true? it does happen man. no group is immune from total jackasses.

Look, people are hungry and need help i'm fine with it and i don't get mad at the stories i hear about people cheating the system. WTF good is it going to do? To tell the truth and i must be getting soft in my old age but i'd rather have a 1000 cheats than one hungry family but thats just me. And no i've never used them myself or the school free lunch when my kid was in school and boy did we struggle in my earlier years but a lot of people do. I do have some female friends who get them and buy steaks and other high end foods just to sell them at half the cost to buy smokes and such. I don't buy from them but i don't judge the either.

im with ya. this to me is similar to people parking in the handicap spot. this use to be a big deal to me but over time im like ya know, without me knowing all the facts i can't really say anything. this is why i hate the phrase perception is reality because it's not.

could it also actually be true? it does happen man. no group is immune from total jackasses.

i don't doubt that it happens in a country of hundreds of millions of people and i have never argued otherwise. however, look no further than my response to arsen's post in order to see the problem with basing an ideology on individual experiences in a country of hundreds of millions of people. he has no reason to suspect fraud as there are perfectly valid reasons that she could be driving what he calls a $100k vehicle. he sees what he wants to see.

im with ya. this to me is similar to people parking in the handicap spot. this use to be a big deal to me but over time im like ya know, without me knowing all the facts i can't really say anything. this is why i hate the phrase perception is reality because it's not.

this is actually a good point. "you're not handicapped, you look like you're walking just fine to me" is pretty similar to OP's "you're not poor, there is meat in your refrigerator"

That does piss me off a bit. You see i spend a lot of time helping out my stepfather who's in a wheelchair. He has parkinson's and other ailents and i know how hard it is for my mom to get him from place to place. Its strange. Since i've started to help them out i've noticed the plight of the elderly and the handicapped. So when i see someone park in a handicap spot just to run into a store i always give them a shitty look.