Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brokenbad

I was never jealous of people on welfare, until today.

108 posts in this topic

back in my wild days i have dealt drugs as well as work for a rent to own company. argubably they are one in the same but that's not the point here.

i dealt to or repo'd ALL types of people. it really happens out there.

Since I have a truck & decided to not work grounds keeping this summer to take care of our son, (easy decision since decent childcare would cost more than I would've made.)I played proxy for several people that are on food stamps or WIC.

I became very intimate with the process & results of dealing with it while thankfully not on it & I have to say fug no I'm not jealous.

Now granted that these people are using the system as intended & not gaming it, but therein lies the rub. For example take Tracy who is going to school, & working pooty jobs to take care of herself & River (her daughter) & needs WIC to make ends meet. Her WIC is a set number of products on vouchers that she can get like a dozen eggs, 2 gal milk, 48 oz of cereal, 5 cans of tuna, 18 oz jar of peanut butter, one loaf of bread on one voucher. 36 oz of juice, 4 cans of vegetables, 1lb of cheese, 3 cans of beans, & one gal of milk for.the other voucher. That was for the month.

Or for the food stamps, Fred & Wilma, (no poo!) got an ebt card that had $110 put on it every month.

Now these people all work at the faire like me but unlike me (& my wife) they get paid crap. They are working to get off of it & in time they will. I just find it sad that people who game the system, like my brother & sister in law, could make people like Tracy, Fred & Wilma's lives suck even more. (The in laws piss me off extra because they love pointing out the fact that they are "Conservatives who believe in hard work & freedom" while on state medical care, WiC, & food stamps because he'd rather hunt & fish than work, & she got her BA in visual arts & got her dad , my wife's stepdad, to let her use his hunting cabin as a studio where she paints poo to never sell. Also, they drop their kid off at mom& stepdad in laws for free childcare... I'm just gonna stop. That's a whole nother pile O'poo.)

2 people like this

there are nimrods in all races and groups and sub groups. at what point will some of you guys realize that? why the hand wringing over stupidity?

Few years ago when I worked at CVS a lady rolled by on brand new Mercedes SUV that probably was worth close to $100k. She had a medicaid to pay for her Rx and then she asked me to get her some milk and she paid for it with food stamps. She came by every so often but damn that pissed me off...

1 person likes this

it is literally impossible that she was driving a friend or family member's car

or that this story is at all exaggerated or just made up

Ha! You'd be surprised on what kind of cars medicaid patients roll... Get a job at a pharmacy and stay at drive through window and you'll be blown away. Ask any retail pharmacy employee and I'm sure they have a story very similar to mine.

My uncle was making $150,000 a year under the table aka tax free from his business. He also had a government assistance (medicaid and food stamps) for almost 10 years until IRS busted his ass. He was fined something like $250k which he paid in full lol...

The owner of my company drives a 2003 Honda accord but could buy a fleet of Mercedes.

Is this the thread for anecdotal evidence?

The owner of my company drives a 2003 Honda accord but could buy a fleet of Mercedes.

Is this the thread for anecdotal evidence?

every thread about welfare is the thread for anecdotal evidence from what i can tell

Look, people are hungry and need help i'm fine with it and i don't get mad at the stories i hear about people cheating the system. WTF good is it going to do? To tell the truth and i must be getting soft in my old age but i'd rather have a 1000 cheats than one hungry family but thats just me. And no i've never used them myself or the school free lunch when my kid was in school and boy did we struggle in my earlier years but a lot of people do. I do have some female friends who get them and buy steaks and other high end foods just to sell them at half the cost to buy smokes and such. I don't buy from them but i don't judge the either.

it is literally impossible that she was driving a friend or family member's car

or that this story is at all exaggerated or just made up

could it also actually be true? it does happen man. no group is immune from total jackasses.