Photo
- - - - -

I was never jealous of people on welfare, until today.

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#31 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:04 AM

Look, people are hungry and need help i'm fine with it and i don't get mad at the stories i hear about people cheating the system. WTF good is it going to do? To tell the truth and i must be getting soft in my old age but i'd rather have a 1000 cheats than one hungry family but thats just me. And no i've never used them myself or the school free lunch when my kid was in school and boy did we struggle in my earlier years but a lot of people do. I do have some female friends who get them and buy steaks and other high end foods just to sell them at half the cost to buy smokes and such. I don't buy from them but i don't judge the either.

Easy for you to say now,

Try working your ass off daily and having your family going hungry and then seeing a totally worthless piece of poo have her fridge piled to the brim with food her fatass will probably throw away later, then we will see what you would rather have happen.

#32 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,348 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:13 AM

Sure Cantrell, she was driving her friend's car every time she came by... She stocked that car full of groceries, I'm sure many people would give their super expensive car to a friend for the whole day.

#33 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,645 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:21 AM

holy poo i just read that dude's post

goddamn he just skipped the "i'm not racist but" and went straight to "i know this probably sounds racist"

The OP NEVER said that the person was black...yet you immediately jumped to that conclusion.

I guess that makes YOU the racist one, huh?

#34 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,645 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:24 AM

I have absolutely no evidence at all that these particular people get government benefits and continue to steal and sling drugs. I was just upset and was using accusations as a way of venting frustrations.

Having said that, you cannot possibly believe that less than 50% of heavy welfare recipients bother to stay out of trouble and life a respectable life.

Don't get me started on white people either. When they are on welfare, they like to collect absolute trash and claim they can sell it for a big profit. The last time I was at a trailer park on the job, two white trash princess were discussing their plans of tattoos with their next child support check.

Exactly.

The Welfare issue in this country is NOT about race. No matter how much the Democrats want to spin it that way.

There are people of every color that abuse our pathetic entitlement system in this country.

#35 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,377 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:25 AM

Why not...it's there for the taking.

If they aren't taking it...someone else is. Amirite?

#36 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:40 AM

Why not...it's there for the taking.

If they aren't taking it...someone else is. Amirite?

that seems to be the predominant attitude throughout our country right now.

"i don't care, i got mine."

pretty awful stuff.

#37 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,435 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:50 AM

I said it in another thread and others have echoed these same sentiments:

Welfare/Food Stamps are too easy to get today.

There is no more standing in line. No inconvenience factor. It is all largely done anonymously, so no embarrassment factor either.

Add the inconvenience back in and you'll see some people that don't actually need the assistance dropping off.

#38 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,377 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:57 AM

Maybe every month put all welfare recipients names in the local newspaper so that their communities/churches can see that they need help.

#39 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:04 AM

Hey look, its the same welfare thread that pops up every now and then.

You know, the one where everyone bitches about the problems without offering good solutions (and if you're keeping track, a good solution would be one that doesnt cost the government more money like drug testing)

#40 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,377 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:13 AM

Hey look, its the same welfare thread that pops up every now and then.

You know, the one where everyone bitches about the problems without offering good solutions (and if you're keeping track, a good solution would be one that doesnt cost the government more money like drug testing)

You mean like putting photo of recipients on their EBT cards to avoid fraud/selling of benefits AND force businesses to ask for id or lose right to sell products via EBT?
You mean like capping benefits at two children?
You mean like offering depo shots to anyone on welfare that has two kids to help prevent having another kid?
You mean like holding more fathers accountable to the children they are having?
You mean like forcing fathers be on birth certificates so that the state can go directly and garnish wages even if the mother isn't asking for it to compensate the state for taking up their slack in support?
You mean like threatening loss of benefits for children that do not graduate high school?
You mean like threatening loss of benefits for children that break the law (3 strikes)?
You mean like threatening loss of benefits for the children that disrupt classroom and lose benefit for the period they are suspended?

You mean those sorts of reforms?

#41 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,130 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:14 AM

Set up an escrow acct where a very small % is set aside for the person to pay back when they work. Treat it like a loan from your 401k. Very very small payment every paycheck to pay back for foodstamps. This would reduce those grubby payday lenders as well.

#42 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:23 AM

You mean like putting photo of recipients on their EBT cards to avoid fraud/selling of benefits AND force businesses to ask for id or lose right to sell products via EBT?
- Solid idea, would cost money to implement but there is definitely potential for savings
- I dont see how this would not end up hurting children
You mean like offering depo shots to anyone on welfare that has two kids to help prevent having another kid?
- Okay, this wont be a popular option so I doubt it saves much. Go for it though
- Sure. Not really anything specific here
You mean like forcing fathers be on birth certificates so that the state can go directly and garnish wages even if the mother isn't asking for it to compensate the state for taking up their slack in support?
- Forced child support? I'm pretty sure thats called "child support"
You mean like threatening loss of benefits for children that do not graduate high school?
- I like this idea. If the kid is dropping out, he better get ready to support himself
You mean like threatening loss of benefits for children that break the law (3 strikes)?
- Need more specifics on this. Could be a good idea if implemented correctly
You mean like threatening loss of benefits for the children that disrupt classroom and lose benefit for the period they are suspended?
- This one is pretty silly, very difficult to enforce and would probably cost more money

#43 boostownsme

boostownsme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

based on the title, i'm right there with you. i too am jealous of the welfare queens at the top of the oil industry, as well as the culture of entitlement within the military

I'm so glad you brought up the oil industry welfare state. Have you ever actually checked the non- subsidized price on alternative fuels? The evil fossil fuel producers are subsidized at a miniscule rate as compared to your green sources, all to pull the wool over less educated folks into believing that the time is now to dump oil/gas/coal. No, I'm afraid the alternative energy lobby is closer to your "welfare queen" than any oil guy.

#44 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,377 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:50 AM

I'm so glad you brought up the oil industry welfare state. Have you ever actually checked the non- subsidized price on alternative fuels? The evil fossil fuel producers are subsidized at a miniscule rate as compared to your green sources, all to pull the wool over less educated folks into believing that the time is now to dump oil/gas/coal. No, I'm afraid the alternative energy lobby is closer to your "welfare queen" than any oil guy.

*shudder*

Every narrow shouldered Sierra club calendar owning liberal just shook and cried when reading that....because it's true.

#45 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,060 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

You mean those sorts of reforms?

I actually like some of these.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com