Photo
- - - - -

I was never jealous of people on welfare, until today.

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#61 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:10 PM

formal training without sound methodology is dangerous

My methodology is I am always right.

#62 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,243 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

The OP NEVER said that the person was black...yet you immediately jumped to that conclusion.

I guess that makes YOU the racist one, huh?

He did say "this probably sounds racist" but I'm sure he's really a black dude who hates white people, since that's the only type of racism that exists anymore, right?

#63 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:55 PM

Well, I just read the OP....it's clear to me that the OP is a bitter, bigoted, ignorant, fuck. There was more conclusion jumping and ridiculous, ignorant, assumption-based argument in that one post than any I have read on the huddle in a long time.

#64 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,243 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:04 PM

Madhatter's gonna tell you how black people are the real racists bro, hope you're ready for it.

#65 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,967 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

stepping back for a min you have to admit the welfare system in it's current state needs to be reformed. if you think it is currently good then let me know so i can put you on ignore. i don't want to catch what you have.

#66 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

stepping back for a min you have to admit the welfare system in it's current state needs to be reformed. if you think it is currently good then let me know so i can put you on ignore. i don't want to catch what you have.

Hardly anyone would argue that welfare doesn't need at least some form of reform. That doesn't excuse the op's ignorant rant.

#67 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

You liberal idiots never cease to crack me up.

Way to go OP.

#68 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,967 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:06 PM

i think at times, the misarticulated message might be the best one to illuminate the problem. the op said he doesn't hope to sound racist because he knows the quasi self righteous answers he will get.
oh im sure those that dogged him do a top shelf job of making race relations great in the US and they are always in the inner city being a big brother or coaching sports teams from some of the toughest neighborhoods or taking time out on a weekly basis to teach kids how to read up to thier grade level.

all that aside. what can be done to fix this mess of a system?

#69 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,515 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

not much mis-articulation going on here IMO, the OP made it pretty clear what he believes with terminology like "fat, worthless ass" and the assumption of drug use and dealing, and attempts to spell out jive talk with a feeble attempt to soften all the blows with a preemptive caveat.

you can't say 'this sounds racist' and then say something incredibly racist and expect not to be called on it. OP is an embarrassment.

#70 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,967 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

right. which is why i said, all that aside. what can we do to fix this?

#71 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,515 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:02 PM

invest in education.

sounds like the OP comes from the same socio-economic bracket and educational background as the woman from which he believed he is completely different.

#72 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,967 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:04 PM

maybe treat the issue right where it lies for the person. for example, lets say one person is getting food stamps etc but does NOT have a high school degree. ok. so you go hey look man, while you are on food stamps, if you go and get your GED, we will extend by 6 months OR give a bump weekly for 6 months. something to meet him where he is at. at least get him up a notch to where he now has his GED.

i still say offer small payment plans to cover a part of the food stamps you got. to me that's better than say you will remove part of their SS when they get old.

simple incentives or allocation of funds can do some great good.

#73 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,967 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:06 PM

invest in education.

sounds like the OP comes from the same socio-economic bracket and educational background as the woman from which he believed he is completely different.

i agree with education but thats broad. how specifically do you mean? because i do know that not always adding more funds equates to better education.
but that's why i'm asking to understand.

#74 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,967 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:08 PM

i have said this for a long time too. the govt offers child credits and it stops at 18. that seems to only give to those that have kids. why not have the child credit but also say, if your kid graduates high school, here is X dollars of a bond? again, change the mindset or focus just a tad and in time, that elevates more from no high school diploma to at least having that and possibly increase earning potential.

#75 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

Until you change the culture of young black Americans, you can't do poo about social inequality.

It's cool to be a gangster. It's not cool to be well-read.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com