Photo
- - - - -

I was never jealous of people on welfare, until today.

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#76 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,227 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:16 PM

i think that's slowly changing tho. i like to use the designated driver as an example. the beer companies have done a great job of romanticizing/making being a DD cool. that has helped send drunk driving down in some ways.

it is all about marketing and packaging to our youth. if ad agencies can make a lizard cool or a gray beard dude who likes mexican beer, surely they can do it for education.

#77 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,730 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:19 PM

Until you change the culture of young black Americans, you can't do poo about social inequality.

It's cool to be a gangster. It's not cool to be well-read.

I'd say 'the culture of the low socio-economic brackets' is a more accurate term. african-americans are over represented statistically here, which gives rise to that association, but it's an inaccurate one.

#78 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,138 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

needs a DD...oh wait..

I'm home beotches!

#79 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

not much mis-articulation going on here IMO, the OP made it pretty clear what he believes with terminology like "fat, worthless ass" and the assumption of drug use and dealing, and attempts to spell out jive talk with a feeble attempt to soften all the blows with a preemptive caveat.

you can't say 'this sounds racist' and then say something incredibly racist and expect not to be called on it. OP is an embarrassment.

I actually have more stories about ignorant, worthless, disgusting and disgraceful white people than I have complaints on other races. My rant was mainly fueled by knowing the amount of food I have in my home and then seeing how much that person had in theirs. It's hard not to call a fat person fat when you go to bed hungry most nights and see that their food supply is stocked to the brim.

#80 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:29 PM

I'd say 'the culture of the low socio-economic brackets' is a more accurate term. african-americans are over represented statistically here, which gives rise to that association, but it's an inaccurate one.

They're not overrepresented. The majority of poor people are rural, white families. But no one gives a fug about them, as is evidenced by this and the other 5 million threads about whitey keeping a brother down, so I'm not addressing them.

But sure, we'll address hillbillies. If you're a hillbilly, it's cool to work hard and drink moonshine, not read books. Until you change the culture of either group, you're not gonna do poo for the equality problem (though I disagree that such a problem exists in the first place).

The redneck and American gangster subcultures have too much appeal to be dropped anytime soon. Especially when a shitload of music and other products are targeted solely at glorifying these cultures.

#81 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • 2,918 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

I see many issues with the welfare system, most prominently the image of it. I always believed there are people that truly need it, but the 10% or so (guessing) that uses it are actively abusing the system. That is what is giving welfare a bad name. Those few people that abuse the system.

Another problem with it is what someone else said earlier, when people note "I got mines." We're so individualistic as a society. We don't think too much about others, only when we project ourselves into their situation and say what they should do or could do differently. That's the mentality of America in a nutshell. Individuals. Thus, you see the fraud, abuse, and other things in the system.

I have no idea how to reform it, but it does need some changing, mainly gearing it towards waning people off of it. I don't have a problem with people using it as means to get by until their situation improves. However, something needs to be done so that we don't create dependency on the system.

#82 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:41 PM

They're not overrepresented. The majority of poor people are rural, white families. But no one gives a fug about them, as is evidenced by this and the other 5 million threads about whitey keeping a brother down, so I'm not addressing them.

But sure, we'll address hillbillies. If you're a hillbilly, it's cool to work hard and drink moonshine, not read books. Until you change the culture of either group, you're not gonna do poo for the equality problem (though I disagree that such a problem exists in the first place).

The redneck and American gangster subcultures have too much appeal to be dropped anytime soon. Especially when a shitload of music and other products are targeted solely at glorifying these cultures.

I think Philly meant that Blacks are over represented % wise.

Also, the reluctance to change those subcultures isn't so much about music & other products as much as a whole lotta chicks dig bad boys.

#83 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,002 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:31 AM

I have a sociology degree. you don't. I am more qualified to speak on this than YOU. But by all means continue.

hahahahaha

please explain to the class how you know what degrees i have and what degrees i do not have tia

also please explain why having a degree in sociology leaves you free from criticism when you post such "theories" as "poor AA mothers have more babies because they're hoping to win the genetic athlete lottery" or whatever the fug you were trying to say when, in actuality, fertility rates and poverty have a significant relationship across cultures and throughout centuries

Well, I just read the OP....it's clear to me that the OP is a bitter, bigoted, ignorant, fuck. There was more conclusion jumping and ridiculous, ignorant, assumption-based argument in that one post than any I have read on the huddle in a long time.

but can't you see? you're the racist! don't ask me to explain why; you'll have to talk to madhatter about that

Especially when a shitload of music and other products are targeted solely at glorifying these cultures.

the majority of rap consumers are white. rap music is marketed to white people.

see: escapism
stop: trying to talk about black culture

I think Philly meant that Blacks are over represented % wise.

this is incredibly obvious but remember who you're talking to here

#84 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:49 AM

Sweetheart, I've spent my entire life in a black neighborhood. My first friends were black. The people I've lived with most of my life are black. I was the only white kid on a very cramped 40 minute one-way school bus ride (thanks, busing for diversity) for most of high school.

I find it cute that someone as delusional and progressive as you thinks you're fit to comment on someone else's "street cred." But since you wanna go down this road, I'll bite. How many gang fights you seen, player? How many women have you seen get molested? Did police follow your school bus home much?

I love when you try to act more worldly than others on this board. It always gives me something to chuckle about.

#85 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,002 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:11 AM

i literally grew up in a south african slum

hey let's all post things that can in no way be confirmed and are in no way relevant to whether or not rap music is to blame for the inordinate amount of black people living in poverty

ps: it's fuging hilarious that you just asked me in that other thread to go back to pointing out how dumb your posts are and then you instantly resort to "um my point is valid because i have interacted with some black people therefore SWEETHEART"

i mean let's take a look at this

you posted:

i posted:

the majority of rap consumers are white. rap music is marketed to white people.

see: escapism

and you respond with:

I find it cute that someone as delusional and progressive as you thinks you're fit to comment on someone else's "street cred." But since you wanna go down this road, I'll bite. How many gang fights you seen, player? How many women have you seen get molested? Did police follow your school bus home much?

uh what? like i don't even know what this is supposed to be

anyway if the majority of rap consumers are pasty white suburbanites, why aren't we talking about the subculture of gang violence that binds the poor white man to poverty? even though like 26% of black people live in poverty, 9% of white people live in poverty, and white people buy more rap music than black people, truly it is rap music that is preventing progress within the black community because you see crime and poverty are actually just CULTURAL problems that they bring upon themselves and could not possibly have anything to do with systemic racism and classism

jesus fuging christ dude tell us all about your black friend some more please

e: also

Posted Image

i love it when i can just quote this poo verbatim

#86 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,002 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:19 AM

oh no more music glorifying "these cultures" what ever will we do

#87 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,385 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

The only thing that surprises me.... people really buy music still?

#88 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:53 PM

i literally grew up in a south african slum

hey let's all post things that can in no way be confirmed and are in no way relevant to whether or not rap music is to blame for the inordinate amount of black people living in poverty

Ah, so you're admitting you didn't actually grow up in a South African slum. Sorry, love, but your street cred seems to be coming up a little short. Better point out some more inequality to boost it back up.

ps: it's fuging hilarious that you just asked me in that other thread to go back to pointing out how dumb your posts are and then you instantly resort to "um my point is valid because i have interacted with some black people therefore SWEETHEART"

By all means, point out the idiocy, killer. It's cute when you try to form your arguments on logic.

anyway if the majority of rap consumers are pasty white suburbanites, why aren't we talking about the subculture of gang violence that binds the poor white man to poverty? even though like 26% of black people live in poverty, 9% of white people live in poverty, and white people buy more rap music than black people, truly it is rap music that is preventing progress within the black community because you see crime and poverty are actually just CULTURAL problems that they bring upon themselves and could not possibly have anything to do with systemic racism and classism

Damn, a strawman. I had hopes for this one, cantrell. Maybe next time.

Although I do enjoy when you bring out your "black people are pathetic, helpless victims" card. It's when I know I'm on the right side of the argument.

jesus fuging christ dude tell us all about your black friend some more please

e: also

Posted Image

i love it when i can just quote this poo verbatim

I love when you post 3 or 4 things in a row. If you can't hit 'em the first time, keep firing and hope to get lucky, right?

Anyway, good save with the meme, sweetie. Brought that street cred right back up.

#89 Davis83

Davis83

Rebelling since 1753

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

The biggest thing that ticks me about this is when I see people selling their food stamps for .50 on the dollar. If you need food stamps, then you would expect them to be used for food - not sold for 1/2 price so you can buy beer and cigs.

There is a Piggly Wiggly here in town that you can sit in the parking lot and watch this happen every month like clock work.

#90 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,002 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:41 AM

Ah, so you're admitting you didn't actually grow up in a South African slum. Sorry, love, but your street cred seems to be coming up a little short. Better point out some more inequality to boost it back up.

oh wow you actually comprehended what you read good on you

By all means, point out the idiocy, killer. It's cute when you try to form your arguments on logic.

"i know a black person therefore"

there's no logic to that

just like there was no logic in suggesting that i was calling your "street cred" into question when i told you to stop talking about black culture, and other things that you can't really comprehend. it has nothing to do with that time you spoke to a black guy and everything to do with you unironically blaming rap music for the existence of racial inequality

i mean jesus fuging christ dude you blamed rap music and expect to be taken seriously? lol. what about the "violent culture" promoted within music made for and consumed by white people? why do you seem to think that black people are disproportionately affected by music? also did video games and marilyn manson cause columbine? because that sure seems to follow the same logic

Damn, a strawman. I had hopes for this one, cantrell. Maybe next time.

Although I do enjoy when you bring out your "black people are pathetic, helpless victims" card. It's when I know I'm on the right side of the argument.

actually it sure looks like you're on the wrong side when you don't even attempt to respond beyond your standard masturbatory posts. hey it's ok, when i was a teenager i had plenty of dumb opinions too but i guess that damned "progressive" part of me pushed me toward greater understanding rather than just thinking "hey this guy calls my entire belief system into question every time he acknowledges my existence, therefore he is clearly wrong because i know a black person SWEETHEART"

I love when you post 3 or 4 things in a row. If you can't hit 'em the first time, keep firing and hope to get lucky, right?

Anyway, good save with the meme, sweetie. Brought that street cred right back up.

oh look i've reached the end of your post and you haven't even attempted to make any sort of argument. i will take this as a white flag. let me know if you want to talk more about real, verifiable things and less about racist anecdotes like "i've seen gang fights and women being molested so trust me, i KNOW black culture"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.