73 replies to this topic

#1 carp24000

carp24000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:21 PM

Not sure if this was discussed yet, but a ton of tweets and rumblings going on about Omar Khan and Bill Cowher coming to Charlotte together to be GM and HC.

Bill Cowher wants to come back if the job is a right fit. Here is a quote I saw in a Steelers article from earlier in the year:

"Khan also has a big fan in former Steelers head coach Bill Cowher. When and if Cowher every returns to the sidelines, it is rumored he will push the ownership of whatever team he lands with to bring Khan on as the general manager."

Also from an ESPN reporter's twitter:

"Re: Panthers: Surprised the Bill Cowher/Omar Khan rumors haven't started yet. Makes a lot of sense, especially with Cowher being an NC guy"

It makes a TON of sense.....Toughts?

Source: http://www.steelersd...ns-to-coaching/

#2 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

I want Cowher... How is Khan credible?

#3 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,527 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

Make it happen. Wait... who is Khan? Any relation to Khengis? Or that Wrath guy?

All I know is. If Chud were to get nut kicked and straighten out our O, we could be good.

The only way I want a new HC is if we don't win another game. And look pitiful doing so. We are closer than we were last year. All we need is for Chud to get his head into the game.

#4 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:36 PM

We don't have time to bleed. Get cowhers ass in here

#5 The Special One

The Special One

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

Interesting....

#6 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm Rick Grimes, Bitch

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

Posted Image

Can't wait for tons of pics like this posted when and if the GM were to make a mistake.

#7 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,156 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

It will never happen. I doubt he coaches anywhere again.

#8 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,135 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

Per ESPN reporter's twitter: "Wonder why the Cowher rumors haven't started yet?" And that's how these dumb rumors get started, folks.

#9 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,683 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:42 PM

I could get over my dislike for the idea of Cowher coaching ONLY if we can convince the entire stadium to yell "Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnn!" during the first game.

Then I'd have buyer's remorse and be upset again.

#10 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,683 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:43 PM

Per ESPN reporter's twitter: "Wonder why the Cowher rumors haven't started yet?" And that's how these dumb rumors get started, folks.

Mistake on the part of whoever runs that Twitter account. For a rumor to start it has to first stop.

#11 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,277 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:45 PM

Not sold on Cowher myself. 15 seasons with Steelers.....623 win % in reg season. Made the playoffs 10 of 15 years. 2 SB appearances 10 years apart. 1 SB win. (in year 14). Did not make the playoffs the year after winning SB. Seems like an ok coach, but not great. JR cannot wait 14 years. He needs a very good, preferably, great coach and a very good GM. Now. I want that for him too. :)

#12 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:00 PM

Not sold on Cowher myself. 15 seasons with Steelers.....623 win % in reg season. Made the playoffs 10 of 15 years. 2 SB appearances 10 years apart. 1 SB win. (in year 14). Did not make the playoffs the year after winning SB. Seems like an ok coach, but not great. JR cannot wait 14 years. He needs a very good, preferably, great coach and a very good GM. Now. I want that for him too. :)

Not sure about Cowher either, but ask 100 Panthers fans if they would take the record described above and run with it, and 95 would say "hell yes" (I'd be one of them).

#13 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

Posted Image

Can't wait for tons of pics like this posted when and if the GM were to make a mistake.

Posted Image

#14 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:06 PM

cowher is proven.

"not sold on cowher" l0l

#15 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 18,608 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:10 PM

When people say this, I realize they have no idea how hard it is to win the Super Bowl. I would take Cowher's record any day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com