Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Khan/Cowher a Package Deal?

74 posts in this topic

Posted

lolz, just lol.

..623 winning percentage not good enough.

And Cowher never had a QB with the talent Cam has.

Big Ben is close but we're talking his rook and soph year, not now.

It would really suck being in the Playoffs every year.

People, look at the Panthers last 10 years, please.

Don't forget that they had the Bus there too... and after they won, the Bus retired... so... no repeat.

Posted

Not saying I want Cowher, but where are you going to find better than that (1 SB win, 2 SB appearnces)?

In New York, New England, Green Bay, Denver and Dallas.

All have 2 or more Super Bowl Championships since 1992 (Cowher's first year)

And ironically enough, in Pittsburgh, where Mike Tomlin has already tied Cowher's Super Bowl record in 1/3 the time.

Bottom Line: I could support Khan because he's part of the system that puts all that talent on the field in Pittsburgh, But I've never been on the Cowher bandwagon, especially not removed from the Steelers system - heck, removed from all football - for over five years now,

Posted

Khanman

Posted

but, yeah hate this Idea. Would be just stupid and rushing into something that sounds good without putting any thought into it

Posted

And ironically enough, in Pittsburgh, where Mike Tomlin has already tied Cowher's Super Bowl record in 1/3 the time.

Bottom Line: I could support Khan because he's part of the system that puts all that talent on the field in Pittsburgh, But I've never been on the Cowher bandwagon, especially not removed from the Steelers system - heck, removed from all football - for over five years now,

Coughlin, employed.

Belichik, employed.

Holmgren, employed.

Shanahan, empolyed.

Jimmy Johnson, not coming back.

Yeah that's a pointless suggestion where to find it.

Cowher makes even more sense.

Posted

Most of us in this thread aren't advocating Cowher per se. What many (and include me in that group) are reacting to is the idea that what Cowher did in Pittsburg wouldn't be good enough for the Panthers. That is just crazy (sorry ladypanther!). Give me 10 out of 15 years with a chance to go to the Super Bowl and I'm all over it.

The same comments apply to Holmgren. That said, neither may be the best selection for us at this time.

Posted

I'm more turned off of Cowher through the simple fact that he hasn't coached since 2006 than his playoff record. Six years is a very long time to be absent and just come back and try to get any success going.

Posted

Not to take anything away from Tomlin, I think he's a fine coach, but he should get as much credit for his SB win as Gruden should for his. They both won because their predecessor put together great teams (great defenses in particular).

Posted

I think LP was trolling the hell out of you guys and she caught everyone one of you. (notice the smiley at the end of her post.)

Also as far as the "Hire Cower" threads? They won't stop until we DO hire him. Then the "Fire Cower" threads will begin. :D

Posted

khan.jpg

Can't wait for tons of pics like this posted when and if the GM were to make a mistake.

I approve of this move only for this reason. I can;t wait to yell this after every draft pick.

Posted

I'm more turned off of Cowher through the simple fact that he hasn't coached since 2006 than his playoff record. Six years is a very long time to be absent and just come back and try to get any success going.

Makes me fear a Joe Gibbs vs 2.0 situation.

Posted

This is the first I recall hearing about Khan, so I looked him up... I started to get excited at the possibility. He has the pedigree, the background JR would love coming from the Steelers BUT, then I got to this:

http://en.wikipedia....(administrator)

In 2001 he was hired by the Steelers and has served as their chief contract negotiator and capologist, replacing Dan Ferens.[4] In that role he has helped to assemble two Super Bowl winners.[5]

I thought we were looking to go the football/scouting route for the next guy? I think the only way we do this is if he brings half of the Steelers scouting dept. as well, lol.