Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Khan/Cowher a Package Deal?

74 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I don't really want cowher either but to say he wasn't winning enough as being the reason is silly. Before they drafted Big Ben they were getting to the playoffs with scrub QBs like Tommy Maddox, MIke Tomczak, kordell Stewart, and Neil o'donnell.
4 people like this

Posted · Report post

If JR is seeking an attitude adjustment that has low tolerance for losing.. the chin would be a good start.

Posted · Report post

I want some attitude on the sideline....

[img]http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/41782_2226308714_2990_n.jpg[/img]

Posted · Report post

I love it when a franchise that has rarely had back to back winning seasons says 10 out of 15 playoff appearances is not good enough. Amazing...
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Good things don't happen to the Panthers....

This theory is only possible in the land of gumdrops and unicorns

Posted · Report post

Would be nice to have a HC who is not a stoic statue for once. I want some fire on the sidelines
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I'm for it.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='KillerKat' timestamp='1351135880' post='1962247']
10 mother fuging years going to the playoffs out of 15! What is there not to get? How is that not as great as advertised? Do you miss Fox?
[/quote]

True. But most if those were years when the Browns, Bengala, and Ravens sucked complete ass.

He had a very good record, but you do have to take it in context.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MadHatter' timestamp='1351177223' post='1962770']

True. But most if those were years when the Browns, Bengala, and Ravens sucked complete ass.

He had a very good record, but you do have to take it in context.
[/quote]

Yep, they had 6 easy wins every year. Same with the Patriots for a lot of years. Its easy to make the playoffs when the rest of your division is complete garbage.

Posted · Report post

How many retired HoF coaches have come out of retirement and produced a Super Bowl victory?

Posted · Report post

Heck, If Cowher Became Head Coach for us and even got us to the playoffs two years in a row, I would Make a Friggin Statue of his likeness in my CHU! People, who cares if he didn't make the Superbowl every 2 years. The point is, He's been there. And Won. We need a winner. We need fire. Winning breeds winning.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthers_in_Afghanistan' timestamp='1351180635' post='1962827']
Heck, If Cowher Became Head Coach for us and even got us to the playoffs two years in a row, I would Make a Friggin Statue of his likeness in my CHU! People, who cares if he didn't make the Superbowl every 2 years. The point is, He's been there. And Won. We need a winner. We need fire. Winning breeds winning.
[/quote]

I know Cowher was a great coach and had much success in Pitt. I just don't remember how often a coach with such pedigree has panned out after coming out of retirement and trying to rebuild somewhere else.