• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 MThornton1

MThornton1

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:06 AM

After hearing Steve Smith interviewed a couple of times recently he does not sound like the Steve Smith we all know and love(or not!). Anyone else think maybe he has mentally checked out of this thing??

#2 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:07 AM

couldnt blame him

#3 mr beauxjangles

mr beauxjangles

Large Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:10 AM

I'm sure he's frustrated. He was already convinced once to stick it out through a rebuilding effort with Cam and Rivera. I'm not sure if he has the desire to go through another one with another coach and/or another new offense. I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if he retired after the season. Definitely couldn't blame the guy.

#4 MThornton1

MThornton1

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:12 AM

couldnt blame him

I agree, I think he has had enough of this team.

#5 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,335 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:12 AM

If he has I want him to walk his ass up to Cam and apologize him for that bullshit rant in front of everyone during the Giants game. I love Smitty to death but I despise his propensity to talk up his maturity act when things are going well and then going back into a shell when things aren't. It's hypocritical, and between him and Cam at least Cam took his chewing out like a man.

#6 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:15 AM

I love Smitty but Smitty is all about Smitty. A tiger doesn't change his stripes.

#7 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:35 AM

I agree, I think he has had enough of this team.

I hate to say this - but I hope the Panthers trade him. I love Smitty and he has been probably my favorite Panther the past decade but I want to see him win. He's done so much for this team, individually winning countless games for the team. He deserves a shot at a title. Trade him to Houston.

#8 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,369 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:37 AM

It's time to turn the page on a lot of our players. I wish things could've been different this year for 89 and everyone else

Like Peppers leaving...it may be time to move forward to the next chapter

89's time may be soon. He had one hell of a career here. Unlike Peppers, Smith actually wanted to be here in the end

#9 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,712 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

He is not really a cliche guy, but that latest interview he did with Mike Craft was one big cliche. I think he realizes he is part of ANOTHER lost season and the light at the end of the tunnel just got pushed further down the tracks.

#10 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:44 AM

If he has I want him to walk his ass up to Cam and apologize him for that bullshit rant in front of everyone during the Giants game. I love Smitty to death but I despise his propensity to talk up his maturity act when things are going well and then going back into a shell when things aren't. It's hypocritical, and between him and Cam at least Cam took his chewing out like a man.

I believe that is funny because everybody on here was all way to go Smitty. You are right, he is the opposite of what everybody is saying they want from Cam. He celebrates after routine plays, argues with teammates, gets dumb penalties, and is a loose cannon. I loved that about him, but it really did seem like a holier than thou move in that game and the week following it.

#11 MThornton1

MThornton1

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:51 AM

He is not really a cliche guy, but that latest interview he did with Mike Craft was one big cliche. I think he realizes he is part of ANOTHER lost season and the light at the end of the tunnel just got pushed further down the tracks.

Yes, that is the interview I watched and was like wow, this is not Steve Smith talking right now.

#12 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,345 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:56 AM

I think he's close to hanging it up... his wife's health scare totally changed his perspective.

#13 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:01 AM

Dude sound like an old man/coach in that interview. Lol.

#14 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:02 AM

Hate to say it because I love 89, but he's not even the same player as last year. Steve is one of the most competitive players I've ever seen and has the fire to boot. But time is starting to take its toll. Still want him on the team, but I realize he isn't going to be around in 2 more years. We need to find a new #1 and move Smitty to slot.

#15 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

We'll see if he starts trying to fight with Charles Tillman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com