- - - - -

Smitty...checked out?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#11 MThornton1

MThornton1

ROOKIE

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:51 AM

He is not really a cliche guy, but that latest interview he did with Mike Craft was one big cliche. I think he realizes he is part of ANOTHER lost season and the light at the end of the tunnel just got pushed further down the tracks.

Yes, that is the interview I watched and was like wow, this is not Steve Smith talking right now.

#12 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:56 AM

I think he's close to hanging it up... his wife's health scare totally changed his perspective.

#13 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationBobcat Country
HUDDLER

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:01 AM

Dude sound like an old man/coach in that interview. Lol.

#14 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• LocationWinston-Salem
HUDDLER

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:02 AM

Hate to say it because I love 89, but he's not even the same player as last year. Steve is one of the most competitive players I've ever seen and has the fire to boot. But time is starting to take its toll. Still want him on the team, but I realize he isn't going to be around in 2 more years. We need to find a new #1 and move Smitty to slot.

#15 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

HUDDLER

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

We'll see if he starts trying to fight with Charles Tillman

#16 rainwater

rainwater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

Steve is one of the most competitive players I've ever seen and has the fire to boot.

He use to be competitive. Now I see him cutting off routes and afraid to take a big hit. That was really his whole game and without it, he is just an average player.

#17 Lomez

Lomez

Simple 'N Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:31 AM

On the last possession of the Dallas game, after Cam was sacked (but we still had time for one more play) I noticed the whole offense sprinting back to the line of scrimmage, but Steve was just jogging back like he'd already given up. Granted, it was a one in a million shot at that point, but it's one of the signs that he may have already "checked out" this season.

I love 89 and what he's done for the origanization, but all good things must come to and end and it may be best for both sides to just move on at this point. I'd be very happy to see him get a ring with another team if it came to that, as long as it's not with anyone in the NFCS. Or Dallas. Or Green Bay.

#18 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:36 AM

I love Smitty but Smitty is all about Smitty. A tiger doesn't change his stripes.

Smitty is a great WR and a baby sometimes too

#19 CatfanMO

CatfanMO

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationKC Mo
HUDDLER

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:52 AM

Im starting to think Smitty is the reason Delhomme passed it his way all the time and why we have never established a 2nd WR. We heard about the pull smitty with JR. Maybe that is why he was mad after the last game? Lafell got a TD and Cam got some other receivers in the game. There is no other reason why Cam only throws to 89..

#20 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

HUDDLER

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

It may be best for Smith to hang it up. He just seems have more anger then love for the game lately.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users