• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#16 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

Steve is one of the most competitive players I've ever seen and has the fire to boot.

He use to be competitive. Now I see him cutting off routes and afraid to take a big hit. That was really his whole game and without it, he is just an average player.

#17 Lomez

Lomez

Simple 'N Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:31 AM

On the last possession of the Dallas game, after Cam was sacked (but we still had time for one more play) I noticed the whole offense sprinting back to the line of scrimmage, but Steve was just jogging back like he'd already given up. Granted, it was a one in a million shot at that point, but it's one of the signs that he may have already "checked out" this season.

I love 89 and what he's done for the origanization, but all good things must come to and end and it may be best for both sides to just move on at this point. I'd be very happy to see him get a ring with another team if it came to that, as long as it's not with anyone in the NFCS. Or Dallas. Or Green Bay.

#18 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,264 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:36 AM

I love Smitty but Smitty is all about Smitty. A tiger doesn't change his stripes.

Smitty is a great WR and a baby sometimes too

#19 CatfanMO

CatfanMO

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
  • LocationKC Mo

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:52 AM

Im starting to think Smitty is the reason Delhomme passed it his way all the time and why we have never established a 2nd WR. We heard about the pull smitty with JR. Maybe that is why he was mad after the last game? Lafell got a TD and Cam got some other receivers in the game. There is no other reason why Cam only throws to 89..

#20 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,651 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

It may be best for Smith to hang it up. He just seems have more anger then love for the game lately.

#21 grateflday

grateflday

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:15 AM

On the last possession of the Dallas game, after Cam was sacked (but we still had time for one more play) I noticed the whole offense sprinting back to the line of scrimmage, but Steve was just jogging back like he'd already given up. Granted, it was a one in a million shot at that point, but it's one of the signs that he may have already "checked out" this season.

I love 89 and what he's done for the origanization, but all good things must come to and end and it may be best for both sides to just move on at this point. I'd be very happy to see him get a ring with another team if it came to that, as long as it's not with anyone in the NFCS. Or Dallas. Or Green Bay.

Yeah... I saw that also, the Smitty just jogging back taking his time. It kind of pissed me off.

Maybe it is time to move on from Smitty. This is one where I will trust whomever is making the decisions. Of course one of the problems was another Hurney disaster and that was to ever get any other WR's worth a damn on this roster. I was hoping Smitty could be part of the turnaround here in Charlotte, and we eventually get a new #1 and he could move to the slot and do really well there.

If this team is really going to rebuild and have the team become Cams, maybe a total purge of the roster of the guys who have been here for so long needs to happen. We all want Cam to lead, and so do the players but how many 23 yr olds walk into a locker room and just start telling 5, 7 , 10yr Vets how it going to be, and how many of them really want that or would listen.

I am really starting to think and fall in the camp the real mistake was keeping Hurney, not bringing in a new GM and not totally purging the roster when we drafted Cam.

#22 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,549 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:16 AM

before the season, I would have thought there was less than a 20% chance Smitty would retire after this season. Now I'd put it at about 60% chance. Can't blame him for not wanting to undergo yet ANOTHER regime change. If we turn things around and make a run this season maybe....

Also I don't think Smith has interest in being traded/keep playing elsewhere outside Carolina. His family is cemented in Charlotte, and if anything, his attitude has become far more family oriented.

#23 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • 4,780 posts
  • LocationNot Telling... CatofWar might find me.

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

before the season, I would have thought there was less than a 20% chance Smitty would retire after this season. Now I'd put it at about 60% chance. Can't blame him for not wanting to undergo yet ANOTHER regime change. If we turn things around and make a run this season maybe....

Also I don't think Smith has interest in being traded/keep playing elsewhere outside Carolina. His family is cemented in Charlotte, and if anything, his attitude has become far more family oriented.

I tried to PM you but I think your inbox is full. Do you know the artist who did your avatar image? That image is awesome.

#24 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,549 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:22 AM

I tried to PM you but I think your inbox is full. Do you know the artist who did your avatar image? That image is awesome.

stupid inbox, yes he is one of my favorite street-artists from Spain:

http://www.gabrielmoreno.com/

Posted Image

#25 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,992 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

I have a feeling that unless he REALLY, REALLY, REALLY is blown away by the offseason overhaul, he is retiring fairly quickly after the season.

#26 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,251 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:34 AM

We just need to move on from Smitty, not in means like a new team, but get a new number 1 receiver. At this point Smith should be working the slot. Its just another fail on Hurney part

#27 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,992 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:34 AM

I also get the feeling that the poor coaching and/or coaching approach is starting to weigh on him.

#28 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,223 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:36 AM

We're 1-5, what do you expect from them.

#29 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,215 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

Every game I have seen, he doesn't look like a guy that has checked out one bit. He still has the fire and trademark attitude every Sunday.

#30 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,742 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

Trade him? Are you all nuts? Someone has to catch Cam's passes and I don't think any of the others are ready for #1 duty. Not yet, anyways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com