Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

panthers offense shifting to power running game...

64 posts in this topic

Posted

The Panthers won't dump the zone read completely.

lost me

Posted

i think if the players can quit making stupid mistakes and the play-calling and design begins to look more like last year's offense then we've got a chance.

In other words, if we can just stop sucking we might have a chance to be decent.

Posted

Shouldn't have came out with this if true. Should've surprized chicago with it.

Posted

In other words, if we can just stop sucking we might have a chance to be decent.

that would help.

1 person likes this

Posted

Until they get rid of the option, no running play is going to be a success...

Posted

I'll believe it when I see it.

I'd like to add: Too little, too late...well sorta

Posted

they don't need to completely abandon the read option. they just don't need to be using it but once or twice a game instead of once or twice a game not using it.

i think it's ok to throw in once in a rare while. it could be effective if defenses aren't actually expecting it.

Posted

7 games in? Please, just flush this staff.

3 people like this

Posted

I agree it's a smart move to run a not so stupid offense but what will you guys say if we do this and it doesn't work at all?

Posted

They can shift to whatever they like but will any of it be successfull?

Of course I want it to be successfull... but if they line up, I formation, Cam under center and give the ball to JStew with Tolbert blocking and go 3-and-out 5 times in a row... do it anyway.

Mainly because I don't think we'll go 3-and-out that many times if we do that...

If they'll do that and be even marginally successfull with it, it will open up that option read for EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE and the play action passing game...

1 person likes this

Posted

I agree it's a smart move to run a not so stupid offense but what will you guys say if we do this and it doesn't work at all?

then we just look forward to an early pick in the draft and hope that the new GM can trade back and get some more picks and also get some more vet talent for the new coaching staff to work with.

Posted

Is it remotely possible that Hurney might have been sheltering Chud? Maybe Rivera has wanted to change this sooner, but Hurney was backing Chuds playcalling?

Otherwise, like most others here I would be asking why it took so long for Rivera to wake up on this issue.

Just mentioning a possibility.