Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

panthers offense shifting to power running game...

64 posts in this topic

Posted

And there are so many people that think our problem is Cam...

Posted

Chud does it because he counts on Cam to break one or two big runs a game. And he often does. But it is ridiculous that 80% of our offense has to run through Cam. Let the backs do what they're paid for and let the o-line get into a rhythm run blocking. That will eventually open up the deep passes.

And as others have said, if we lose, so be it. At least we will be moving toward a model that will be more successful long term.

Jaws on PTI just said Cam needs a professional Offense. I know that, and you know that. Hellz bellz, everyone but Chud knows that.

Get the O figured out and we really can be competitive. In reality, it is that easy. We are still a tad short on defensive talent. But it is nothing we can't live with at this point in time. Winning instills winning. That is hard enough to do without your OC making the job more difficult.

That bolded part is what has most fans so frustrated. How we finished last year, to how we are playing now. Is like night and day. Almost like we changed OC during the off-season. This just can't be the same team? What the hell is going on?

Posted

I hope so, but I don't see giving Stew more snaps as a sign that we're changing to a power running game... Stew is actually more suited to the zone-read run game since he's a "point of entry" back, meaning that he doesn't need a lead blocker like DeAngelo does. If we go back to a more traditional run game, then we can give DeAngelo more snaps.

Posted

Power running with no guards. Can't we just stick with read option so I have something to laugh about on Sundays?

Posted

Power running with no guards. Can't we just stick with read option so I have something to laugh about on Sundays?

Amini's strength has always been his power in the run game. This shift in running attack will benefit his playing style maybe more than Stewart's.

Posted

Amini's strength has always been his power in the run game. This shift in running attack will benefit his playing style maybe more than Stewart's.

Amini has no strengths right now.

Posted

Amini has no strengths right now.

That's one opinion.

Posted

The problem with the running game isn't either DeAngelo or Stewie. The Zone Read became Rivera's version of Fox's draw play. Done to death, always predictable.

Just frikkin' hand the ball off to either of those guys and let them do what they are capable of. Want Cam to run? Have him drop back for a pass, set the safeties as he scans the field, then take off.

This zone read deal is great a few times a game and that's the deal with it. It has to be something that wasn't what they were looking for. Right now, every team knows how to handle it by just keeping a spy on Newton and playing their gaps.

Posted

i think if the players can quit making stupid mistakes and the play-calling and design begins to look more like last year's offense then we've got a chance.

i've got my fingers crossed.

I just wish we hadn't replaced our second tight end with a 5'9" running back. The 2 tight end sets with Shockey and Olsen are what we have been missing. It may improve but it won't be the same as last year.

Posted

If Rivera calls that option play more than once, he should be fired on the spot and made to find his own way back to wherever he lives.

It is ludicrious that someone says 'its the process' 'it's execution' does not change something that is not working and does not understand what his players strengths are.

For the sake of the fans and the team, I hope they win games and look like a pro team. Rivera going at the end of year would not break my heart. Never liked the hiring.

Posted

the phrase "too little, too late" comes to mind

Posted

Shouldn't have came out with this if true. Should've surprized chicago with it.

Exactly what I was thinking while reading the OP. Have Chicago sitting in the gameplan room, laughing histerically about defended the read option. Then go apeshit on them 2008 style.