Photo
- - - - -

panthers offense shifting to power running game...

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#31 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:55 PM

So what are the chances Stew gets on the same level of dominance as MJD and AP now? He is definitely talented enough to be an elite back in this league. Stew is our guy moving forward and I love it

Possible, but not plausible.

#32 nobody

nobody

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

wait wait wait...............when they say power run they don't mean they are gunna have cam play running back right? Our real running backs are going to be running from the I formation? Please?

#33 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

Let's hope this is true

#34 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,813 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

Can't help but to wonder if 70% of the reason why the Panthers don't end up winning games is simply because they take too long to react when things/people aren't working. This should've happened weeks ago.

#35 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,294 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:29 PM

Can't help but to wonder if 70% of the reason why the Panthers don't end up winning games is simply because they take too long to react when things/people aren't working. This should've happened weeks ago.

I had this thought in the back of my brain I just couldn't articulate. You just jogged it into reality.

We run plays that don't work mulityple times a game. Why can't we run more of the plays that do work?

It is like Chud just believes his plays will work. Maybe not the first time. Or the second. But then it could work that third time. No adjustment. Stubborn fool.

Get Cam back under center where he is moving from the snap. That is what defenses fear most. A mobile Cam is a nightmare.

#36 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,419 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:39 PM

I had this thought in the back of my brain I just couldn't articulate. You just jogged it into reality.

We run plays that don't work mulityple times a game. Why can't we run more of the plays that do work?

It is like Chud just believes his plays will work. Maybe not the first time. Or the second. But then it could work that third time. No adjustment. Stubborn fool.

Get Cam back under center where he is moving from the snap. That is what defenses fear most. A mobile Cam is a nightmare.

Chud does it because he counts on Cam to break one or two big runs a game. And he often does. But it is ridiculous that 80% of our offense has to run through Cam. Let the backs do what they're paid for and let the o-line get into a rhythm run blocking. That will eventually open up the deep passes.

And as others have said, if we lose, so be it. At least we will be moving toward a model that will be more successful long term.

#37 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,171 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

And there are so many people that think our problem is Cam...

#38 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,294 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

Chud does it because he counts on Cam to break one or two big runs a game. And he often does. But it is ridiculous that 80% of our offense has to run through Cam. Let the backs do what they're paid for and let the o-line get into a rhythm run blocking. That will eventually open up the deep passes.

And as others have said, if we lose, so be it. At least we will be moving toward a model that will be more successful long term.

Jaws on PTI just said Cam needs a professional Offense. I know that, and you know that. Hellz bellz, everyone but Chud knows that.

Get the O figured out and we really can be competitive. In reality, it is that easy. We are still a tad short on defensive talent. But it is nothing we can't live with at this point in time. Winning instills winning. That is hard enough to do without your OC making the job more difficult.

That bolded part is what has most fans so frustrated. How we finished last year, to how we are playing now. Is like night and day. Almost like we changed OC during the off-season. This just can't be the same team? What the hell is going on?

#39 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

I hope so, but I don't see giving Stew more snaps as a sign that we're changing to a power running game... Stew is actually more suited to the zone-read run game since he's a "point of entry" back, meaning that he doesn't need a lead blocker like DeAngelo does. If we go back to a more traditional run game, then we can give DeAngelo more snaps.

#40 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

Power running with no guards. Can't we just stick with read option so I have something to laugh about on Sundays?

#41 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm Rick Grimes, Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

Power running with no guards. Can't we just stick with read option so I have something to laugh about on Sundays?

Amini's strength has always been his power in the run game. This shift in running attack will benefit his playing style maybe more than Stewart's.

#42 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

Amini's strength has always been his power in the run game. This shift in running attack will benefit his playing style maybe more than Stewart's.

Amini has no strengths right now.

#43 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm Rick Grimes, Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

Amini has no strengths right now.

That's one opinion.

#44 Khyber53

Khyber53

I'm a believer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

The problem with the running game isn't either DeAngelo or Stewie. The Zone Read became Rivera's version of Fox's draw play. Done to death, always predictable.

Just frikkin' hand the ball off to either of those guys and let them do what they are capable of. Want Cam to run? Have him drop back for a pass, set the safeties as he scans the field, then take off.

This zone read deal is great a few times a game and that's the deal with it. It has to be something that wasn't what they were looking for. Right now, every team knows how to handle it by just keeping a spy on Newton and playing their gaps.

#45 goodoleboy

goodoleboy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

i think if the players can quit making stupid mistakes and the play-calling and design begins to look more like last year's offense then we've got a chance.

i've got my fingers crossed.

I just wish we hadn't replaced our second tight end with a 5'9" running back. The 2 tight end sets with Shockey and Olsen are what we have been missing. It may improve but it won't be the same as last year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.