Photo
- - - - -

Cam passing NOT in gun

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#16 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:16 AM

I just dont wana lose Cam. idc how long it will take i just cant lose the guy

Cam isn't going anywhere. The media is equating losses with Cam playing bad. You simply cannot make that claim of causation. Cam hasn't played bad. We just have no run game and an OC who went full retard this season. And we all well know...you NEVER go full retard.

#17 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

SUPPORTER

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:17 AM

Cam's made his share of mistakes, but as lightsout eluded to he's just a piece of the puzzle.

#18 The Huddler

The Huddler

^ 99 OVR ^

SUPPORTER

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:23 AM

Cam isn't going anywhere. The media is equating losses with Cam playing bad. You simply cannot make that claim of causation. Cam hasn't played bad. We just have no run game and an OC who went full retard this season. And we all well know...you NEVER go full retard.

dude im just saying what if we suck all the way until his contract year. what is he leaves

#19 The Huddler

The Huddler

^ 99 OVR ^

SUPPORTER

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:24 AM

im not blaming cam

#20 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

SUPPORTER

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:34 AM

dude im just saying what if we suck all the way until his contract year. what is he leaves

Will you leave with him?

#21 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

HUDDLER

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:45 AM

The Seattle game, the pass thrown into the dirt by Cam, wasnt that a designed roll out? Or was he forced out of the pocket? I forget

You're right, I forgot that one. I was thinking more of plays outside the red zone. It can be an effective way to minimize pressure.

#22 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

HUDDLER

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:48 AM

He won't. I don't think Cam is the type to jump ship, regardless of whether or not it's sinking. Could be wrong; been wrong before.

#23 CBDellinger

CBDellinger

CAMdamonium!

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:15 AM

they can make him stick around for 3 additional years beyond his 4 year contract.

he's only in year 2. If they cant figure it out in 5 years beyond this one, he deserves the chance to leave.

#24 Navy_football

Navy_football

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:10 AM

The read option is dependent on a few things. Mainly, the OL picking up their assignments. Didn't always happen. You have to consider, the back is getting the ball five yards deep rather than 2-3 yards deep like they would on a hand-off when the QB is under center. Then, you have to consider the read-man being unblocked and how athletic he is, as well as any potential defender stacked behind him and how he plays it. The read option can work, but it has to be sprinkled in. This has been beaten over and over on this board. We can't run it more than 5 times a game or so, preferably less. You can still utilize Cam's running threat with draws (which are usually pretty effective for 5-7 yards, and a lot of that is just his sheer size).

Our OL is a concern, but the blocking schemes for a power running game are vastly simpler than the option. Plus, Amini was brought in for his athleticism as a pulling guard. With a power running game, he'll be doing a lot of it. That gives me some hope.

Agree. Looking at the Tolbert run in your sig... that was blocked very well. Tolbert is a bowling ball and looks for contact. I think Williams or Stewart get into the endzone untouched.