Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HAARP 9.1 Magnitude Alert - "Perfect Storm" to Potentially Hit New York

58 posts in this topic

Posted

I hope it's nothing though.

Posted

Posted

cat·a·stroph·ic (kabreve.giftlprime.gifschwa.gif-strobreve.giffprime.gifibreve.gifk)

adj.

1. Of, relating to, or involving a catastrophe.

2. Involving or resulting in substantial, often ruinous medical expense: a catastrophic illness.

ca·tas·tro·phe (kschwa.gif-tabreve.gifsprime.giftrschwa.gif-femacr.gif)

n.

1. A great, often sudden calamity.

2. A complete failure; a fiasco: The food was cold, the guests quarreledmdash.gifthe whole dinner was a catastrophe.

3. The concluding action of a drama, especially a classical tragedy, following the climax and containing a resolution of the plot.

4. A sudden violent change in the earth's surface; a cataclysm.

ca·lam·i·ty (kschwa.gif-labreve.gifmprime.gifibreve.gif-temacr.gif)

n. pl. ca·lam·i·ties

1. An event that brings terrible loss, lasting distress, or severe affliction; a disaster: A hurricane would be a calamity for this low-lying coastal region.

2. Dire distress resulting from loss or tragedy.

I'm missing something here.

oh, i understand. we're using it as hyperbole.

Posted

Theyre not my buzzwords. I'm just reiterating what the MSM is reporting. Personally, I do not think anything will come of this...or at least I hope not. But in the instance this does get nasty people need to be aware of it...hence the point behind my posting of this thread.

well stop being a damned mouthpiece for the MSM. Though I haven't seen any mention of a mega-hurricane anywhere outside of you.

Posted

I'm just going to say something else that I thought was obvious.

Storm fronts and tropical storms collide all the time. It's usually what steers them.

Posted

well stop being a damned mouthpiece for the MSM. Though I haven't seen any mention of a mega-hurricane anywhere outside of you.

The overall gist of this development seems pretty severe according to the MSM...hence my use of the word "mega," which in hindsight probably wasnt the best metaphor to use, haha.

Posted

Hurricane Irene last year IIRC is one of the most damaging, expensive hurricanes in the history of the USA.

It was a category 1 storm and while most people in the Carolinas are ready/prepared for storms like this people in the northeast, especially NYC, certainly are not. Irene did severe damage up there. I have a college friend from Vermont and she said Irene f'd a lot of stuff up.

Posted

I'm just going to say the obvious.

Doesn't a hurricane need warm water?

relatively warm.

The water is not warm enough for the storm to strengthen, but it is warmer than it normally it this time of year, so it will not weaken as much as it would in a normal year.

I know this makes me sound like a heart-less asshole, but I'm actually pretty excited to see what happens when a hurricane meets air cold enough to produce snow.

I obviously don't want to see people lose their lives, but from a scientific point of view, I find this storm intriguing.

Posted

never mind... potential for 500 year precipitation mark?

yea, this could be bad.

Posted

never mind... potential for 500 year precipitation mark?

yea, this could be bad.

all depends on the inches/hr

It could be a million year statistical event, but if it falls over the course of 3 weeks...

Posted

what if it fell over 500 years?

Posted

jesus. post a thread about a masive storm and recieve constant poo.

good luck beans.

2 people like this