#16 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,663 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:10 AM

here is my problem, any coach on any level would see that the option is not working that well. so why did it take this long for them to make an adjustment just blows me.

#17 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,630 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:19 AM

Yeah man, and I told people that Cam was basically calling Chud out in the presser Sunday... And then idiots get on here and media people on their soapboxes and say what a bad person he is... Some didn't think he was calling Chud out, but that's exactly what I thought it was, and he had every right to.

He said "I just run the plays that are called." "Same script, same director." But when asked for a solution, he offered a vague answer, which I believe was the smart way of saying "You figure out what I'm saying, it's not my place to offer the answer or I'll be in trouble with the organization."

He should be viewed as a hero for that presser. I actually wish someone would've said it plainly weeks ago, but it was obvious he was trying to do what was asked of him even though he knew it wasn't working... He had just had enough.

I just hate the repercussions for him. Rivera should have taken the sword .....after all it was ultimately his call...instead a young qb is thrown to the media wolves.I have not once heard Rivera take accountability for our offensive regression.Instead he puts it on the players which should be reason enough to fire his ass now.

#18 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,183 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:24 AM

Couldn't agree more man. Well said.

#19 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,344 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:28 AM

I'm baffled as to why it's taken Rivera/Chud so long to acknowledge that our zone-read offense isn't working and make changes (assuming that the changes Rivera has been hinting at for Chicago amount to a more traditional running game). It's made me lose confidence in Rivera, I thought he was the kind of coach that would intervene much sooner and insist that Chud make these changes...

#20 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,183 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:36 AM

I'm baffled as to why it's taken Rivera/Chud so long to acknowledge that our zone-read offense isn't working and make changes (assuming that the changes Rivera has been hinting at for Chicago amount to a more traditional running game). It's made me lose confidence in Rivera, I thought he was the kind of coach that would intervene much sooner and insist that Chud make these changes...

Catman, I've come to the conclusion that it has to do with the type of coach JR wants and it comes with the territory. Just as with Fox, our coaching staffs' biggest problem over the years has been the inability to adjust accordingly and swiftly. They've always adjusted when it was too late and wouldn't really matter.

As I said yesterday, if we don't win 9 by the end of the year and give ourselves a slight chance of making the playoffs, he should be canned.

Hopefully, the next guy that comes in has a larger since of autonomy and won't be waiting with his thumb in his butt looking for someone else to give him a solution when things aren't going the way he expected.

#21 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,630 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:50 AM

Most coaches worth a grain of salt would have stepped to the podium and said the loss was on them for the failed play calling instead Rivera gives his usual BS ..poor execution...blah blah yak yak but he lets the qb face the media .There is no way this guy is cut out to be a head coach.He cant call plays and he will not take the heat.

JR needs to get the consulting company in gear ...hire a GM and fire a coach

#22 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:06 AM

Proudiddy and Jarhead are saving me a lot of keystrokes here. Well said.

#23 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:13 AM

here is my problem, any coach on any level would see that the option is not working that well. so why did it take this long for them to make an adjustment just blows me.

Unfortunately, they still haven't made an adjustment yet. We're assuming someone's figured it out after this storm. Maybe... maybe not...

#24 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,709 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:22 AM

Most coaches worth a grain of salt would have stepped to the podium and said the loss was on them for the failed play calling instead Rivera gives his usual BS ..poor execution...

I thought the same thing last night watching Leslie Frazier's pc after the game. The first thing he said was that the loss was on him because he did not have the team adequately prepared.

I just wish we had someone to take to take the reins as an interim, but we don't. Especially when you consider we'd have to also find and interim OC. I want this staff out of here asap before they do permanent damage to our young guys.

#25 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,344 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:41 AM

It's sad... I had high hopes for Rivera, he talked a good game.

What ever happened to the "we'll do what works" philosophy he talked about in his in introductory press conference???

#26 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,186 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:20 AM

Prediction: trying to return to a real offense mid season against a top D with our makeshift O-line is not going to get fantastic relults.
End result on Huddle?
"Bring back the option and make Chud head coach and GM!!!!"

uhmmm. NO.

#27 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,186 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:21 AM

A bigger problem, is that this has been known for over 20 years.

#28 Silent Majority

Silent Majority

Fuggin' Panther Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 2,968 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, freaking, New Jersey.

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:34 AM

Said it before and I'll say it again. Please, flush this staff.

#29 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,217 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

Excellent segment... Cosell is basically saying what those of us that have ACTUALLY WATCHED Panthers games have been saying...

Cowherd on the other hand is just a parrot that's just throwing stuff on the wall and seeing what sticks. I bet he hasn't watched an entire Panthers game this season... or last.

Please don't insult parrots :(

(the little fellas like to sit on my shoulder while I'm reading)

#30 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,976 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:45 AM

Please don't insult parrots :(

(the little fellas like to sit on my shoulder while I'm reading)

Well give 'em a radio show... they could do better than Cowherd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com