6 replies to this topic

#1 Carolina Crazy V2

Carolina Crazy V2

!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 11:43 AM

I love watching NFL Network and seeing our key losses as Adam Seward, Ken Lucas and Frank Omiyale. They left out Hangartner but still, I don't think any team this past year has lost fewer players. All we lost was some depth on the o-line and we've added to our d-line and secondary depth through the draft. I see our team improving in '09 because we're young and I look for a lot of those young players to step up like: Mackenzy, Stewart, Jarrett, Sherrod and Everrette Brown. A lot of you said that we took a step backward in the offseason, but I am truly very optimistic about our team next year.

#2 TerriblePizza

TerriblePizza

Bringin dat Gamecock swag

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,221 posts
  • LocationCamden, SC

Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:10 PM

It is great to see that our only key losses were backups. Hopefully we replenished some of the depth with the draft.

#3 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,423 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:40 PM

Def not a horrible year for losses. I hated to see hangman go but he did deserve to start somewhere.

#4 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you...

• HUDDLER
  • 4,824 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:48 PM

marshal faulk said we are the team to beat in the south..

then he said Jake is the wild card.

Wilcox said the ainst are the shitznit, and then went on to bash jake.

#5 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,461 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 23 May 2009 - 01:34 PM

Fox will have a field day with bulletin material. Smitty will be feeling slighted and Jake will have tons of motivation to perform well. The defense is the wildcard, not Delhomme.

#6 WilkinsonDonnie

WilkinsonDonnie

Monsanto's = Evil

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 03:35 PM

The Saints secondary has improved but if the starcaps thing gets worse they will lose their d-line power. The Bucs have a lot of questionable starters and not sure they will be very good without Monte Kiffin. The Falcons are going to be our biggest contender in the South. Their only weaknesses I see are minor ones on defense.

Our running game should improve which few thought it could and our offense will control the ball game and force opposing teams into positions where they're barely on the field. With an improved pass rush and more aggressive defenders we should create tons of turn overs and play keep away ball.

#7 TerriblePizza

TerriblePizza

Bringin dat Gamecock swag

• HUDDLER
  • 2,221 posts
  • LocationCamden, SC

Posted 23 May 2009 - 03:46 PM

The Saints secondary has improved but if the starcaps thing gets worse they will lose their d-line power. The Bucs have a lot of questionable starters and not sure they will be very good without Monte Kiffin. The Falcons are going to be our biggest contender in the South. Their only weaknesses I see are minor ones on defense.

Our running game should improve which few thought it could and our offense will control the ball game and force opposing teams into positions where they're barely on the field. With an improved pass rush and more aggressive defenders we should create tons of turn overs and play keep away ball.

I actually think the Aints are our biggest competition this year. Sure, the Falcons have a good offense, but I think they'll slump this year. I don't know why, but I just have a feeling.

That being said, the Aints with that offense and an improved secondary could be VERY dangerous. No longer will the give up so many big plays, at least on paper.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.