17 replies to this topic

#1 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

Sounds like everyone has given up on him.. Bet he earns more work than people think. Just too much talent to to be left standing on the sidelines. He'll be carrying the ball with a chip on his shoulder as well. Go back and watch some of those break away runs of years past. He still has the wheels and the power running game is when he is at his best. I'm sure he's not ready to close the book on his season, neither am I.

#2 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

All of yal still on the d will train get off it!!!! Yes he had a good run but its OVER!! Stewart and Tolbert are our teams future. D will can be traded for something we can use like a corner or defensive linemen and we can turn this season around!! Yal underestimate Stewart and Tolbert, last year Tolbert was voted best 3rd string running back in the NFL and Stewart is a MONSTER, and there both young. And we have cam to run as well.. time to say bye bye to Mr Williams.

#3 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

J. Stew is our best back, but I agree that D. Will is too talented to simply stand on the sidelines. That read option crap just does not fit his strengths as a runner.

#4 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,181 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

The OP is a fairly positive post. Could set the tone for a positive thread. Something we have not had around here in a while.

Second post pretty negative. Something we have had way too much of lately.

Sums up the Huddle at the moment.

#5 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:55 PM

Until he is traded I don't see how he won't get work. Rivera said he will go with the 'hot' hand, and anybody who has watched D Will over the years knows that he can get 'hot' in a power running game.

Would we be better suited as a team if we committed his money to a position of need? Yes, I don't disagree with that at all. But so long as D Will is on the roster, Im not going to doubt they guy can't be a great player. He is just too good of a player to not be utilized in some fashion on the field.

It seems obvious Stew will get a shot at a 'full workload' but I'm just saying, I wouldn't be surprised if DWill stays involved.

#6 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

All of yal still on the d will train get off it!!!! Yes he had a good run but its OVER!! Stewart and Tolbert are our teams future. D will can be traded for something we can use like a corner or defensive linemen and we can turn this season around!! Yal underestimate Stewart and Tolbert, last year Tolbert was voted best 3rd string running back in the NFL and Stewart is a MONSTER, and there both young. And we have cam to run as well.. time to say bye bye to Mr Williams.

there's an election for "best third string running back?"

#7 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

We'll almost certainly cut DeAngelo in the offseason and John Fox will almost certainly ****** him up for the Broncos where he'll rush for 1200+ yards while the rest of the league mocks us for giving him boatloads of money and not getting anything out of our investment.

Sigh...

#8 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,181 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

J. Stew is our best back, but I agree that D. Will is too talented to simply stand on the sidelines. That read option crap just does not fit his strengths as a runner.

Not sure I agree with Stewy being the BEST back. DWill is still a homerun threat. You cannot underestimate that. Stewy is still a beast, just not a homerun threat. At all. That is why they compliment each other. DWill can make something out of nothing. Stewy will punish you until the play is over. They both bring good things to the position.

IMO, it comes down to the offensive play calling. It has been atrocious. Get the offense going and this season can turn around in a hurry.

#9 Phil

Phil

• HUDDLER
  • 2,412 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:02 PM

Stewart is definitely the better back. But Tolbert has looked like doodoo in the passing game. I still think we need a big TE to help block.

#10 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

Doesn't matter who the better back is if we get rid of all the cute stuff and start running the ball.

I just think you're crazy if you think we'll just shelf dwill. Just way too talented no matter how much he makes.

#11 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

Agreed to much talent to put on the bench plus jstew is injury prone.

#12 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

I like DeAngelo, but man is he putting his foot further in his mouth with these tweets.

DeAngelo Williams@DeAngeloRB
At 1-5 anything is possible all I can do is come In and continue to work! Lol and I didn't lose my job my checks are still the same !

#13 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,278 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

I like DeAngelo, but man is he putting his foot further in his mouth with these tweets.

What a douche. Looks like someone is showing their true colors.

#14 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,655 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

years past

You (And the rest of the fanbase) need to move on from those. Stop pining for the glory days.

#15 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,278 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

So, I'm gonna watch highlights from three and four seasons ago and think he's still the same? Guys, this is what denial looks like.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.