#61 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,397 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

All that said, I don't want Chip Kelly.

I still think Rivera gets one more year (barring the rest of the season being an absolute disaster)

#62 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,963 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

I still think Rivera gets one more year (barring the rest of the season being an absolute disaster)

More of the same....I don't.

Games have been too close. Talent big picture hasn't been the issue. We should have a lot more wins in the Rivera era.

Overall record IMO isn't a killer if you are a new coach taking over a 2-14 club.....but how we have lost so many games simply points to many examples of poor coaching (often in game head scratchers)

#63 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,486 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

Winston Moss would be pretty awesome.

Depending on how the situation goes in Indy, what about Bruce Arians? He's doing incredibly well given the current situation there, he's an offensive guy, he worked with Roethlisberger who is a similar player to Cam, and he's a part of the Steelers/Rooney tree that JR loves so much.

Wouldn't mind Kevin Greene as a DC, but I don't know how likely that actually is.

Dave Toub is also an interesting candidate, I believe.

#64 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

It will be an absolute disaster. The 2012 Panthers have made it a mantra to give away the game in the 4th quarter and that pretty much means 1-15.

That said, I liked the guy from San Francisco. Seely was his name? Give me someone who's worked with Jim Harbaugh.

#65 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,397 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

It will be an absolute disaster. The 2012 Panthers have made it a mantra to give away the game in the 4th quarter and that pretty much means 1-15.

That said, I liked the guy from San Francisco. Seely was his name? Give me someone who's worked with Jim Harbaugh.

If you mean Brad Seely, he's worked here before. He was the ST coach under Dom Capers.

#66 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,674 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:45 AM

Unless we go on an absolute tear and start hearing from the players about his leadership and what he means to the team, keeping Rivera would be absolute disaster playing out before our eyes.

I'm convinced the players are not on board with his plan. How would they react to learn there would be another year with him?

Again, I'm not saying he can't turn it around, but it would be a big, big surprise if he did.

#67 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,877 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:45 AM

My vote's for McCoy and Shanahan. Either guy is fine with me. lol @ the chip kelly supporters.

#68 Wine&Cheese

Wine&Cheese

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:55 AM

I'd be perfectly content with perry fewell. I like the guy

Agreed... At least we know the defense would be aggressive and would really get after it. I also get the feeling that he would chew some ass during the game if guys wernt performing, command respect and will be a leader of men in a way that the players will want to play for him. ...a skill I think RR's personality is sorely lacking.

#69 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:20 AM

Agreed... At least we know the defense would be aggressive and would really get after it. I also get the feeling that he would chew some ass during the game if guys wernt performing, command respect and will be a leader of men in a way that the players will want to play for him. ...a skill I think RR's personality is sorely lacking.

I don't know about Fewell. I think he benefits from having great defensive players. I think its more of the players then his coaching.

#70 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:23 AM

Unless we go on an absolute tear and start hearing from the players about his leadership and what he means to the team, keeping Rivera would be absolute disaster playing out before our eyes.

I'm convinced the players are not on board with his plan. How would they react to learn there would be another year with him?

Again, I'm not saying he can't turn it around, but it would be a big, big surprise if he did.

I agree. I believe the only way Rivera keeps his job is he completely turn this team around and go on a winning streak. I just don't think its possible because Rivera has lost the players if you ask me. A dysfunctional Charles Johnson, Deangelo Williams, and a immature Cam Newton.

#71 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,177 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:31 AM

So this list makes you say...Ron Rivera in year 3 sounds Ok!👍

#72 The Special One

The Special One

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:28 AM

BILL COWHER POWER

#73 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,785 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:36 AM

Winston Moss would be pretty awesome.

Depending on how the situation goes in Indy, what about Bruce Arians? He's doing incredibly well given the current situation there, he's an offensive guy, he worked with Roethlisberger who is a similar player to Cam, and he's a part of the Steelers/Rooney tree that JR loves so much.

Wouldn't mind Kevin Greene as a DC, but I don't know how likely that actually is.

Dave Toub is also an interesting candidate, I believe.

Now we're talking

Winston Moss, Dennison, Keith Butler, Ray Horton, and Greg Roman come to mind on my end

#74 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,878 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

BILL COWHER POWER

Cowher isnt ever going to happen, if it was it would have happened when Fox was firedd. I want it, it makes since, he is proven , had time to study the new NFL, and Jerry always wanted us to be like the steelers.

ugh pipe dreams

#75 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:51 AM

Chip Kelly would be my early vote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com