• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#31 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,035 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

If DWill is gone and Stewart is handed the rock 25 times a game by week 12 we'll be watching the waiver wire for a back. Stewart wont hold up physically.

this isn't the john fox era, he won't touch the ball that much.

people are seriously overreacting.

#32 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

If DWill is gone and Stewart is handed the rock 25 times a game by week 12 we'll be watching the waiver wire for a back. Stewart wont hold up physically.

All DWill has ever done in his career is average 5 Yards Per Carry. That's Jim Brown good.
You aren't going to get anything for him. Pound DWill and Stew 12-15 times a game and see what you get.
Life will be so much easier for Cam Newton if opposing Ds must stop the run first, pass second.

Why is this so hard to understand? We have the best 1-2 punch RBs in the league. Why on earth would we trade it away? Just use them...

#33 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

If Hurney got fired for not trading D will then I give him a standing ovation. How about trade Rivera for a coach that can maximize talent. Bring double trouble back and let Rivera go. Dwill would simply be a Ron scape goat. If we trade him mark my words we will regret it the moment Jonathan Stewart is hurt and Tolbert comes out on the field while dwill is running wild on another team. In my opinion this is nothing more than that San Diego favoritism looking to get Tolbert on the field more.

#34 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,910 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

I'd be really shocked if a team is willing to trade for a almost 30 year old HB with that contract...not saying DeAngelo isn't worth the money, but that's a big contract to take on for a guy that hasn't shown much this year.

#35 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:02 PM

Tauren Poole will be coming back strong next season

No sane reason to keep de lo around

#36 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,759 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

If the vikings want to give us jared allen and percy harvin ill be ok with that

#37 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:16 PM

The only problem I have with DeAngelo is his contract, as well as Gross, Gamble, Beason, and CJ.

#38 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,805 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:18 PM

If we can get something decent for him, do it

#39 The Special One

The Special One

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:40 PM

No team is dumb enough to take on DWil's contract.

#40 bigrod9

bigrod9

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:53 PM

Deangelo being traded would be yet another mistake that this organization would have made. If we had John Fox as the head coach right now we would be in a better position than 1-5. Under John Fox we mostly played good defense and we also utilized our running backs. The problem with the John Fox era was we really never had a franchise quaterback. Fox knew the limitations of his team and he understood the strengths and weaknesses. He knew Jake Delhomme was not a very good Qb that is why he relied on his backfield and his defense to keep us in games. The problem with Ron Rivera is he does not utilize the talent that is on this team the proper way. We finally have a franchise qb and a stable of good running backs. I am glad JR stepped up and took action for the good of the organization and fans. If we would just run a conventional offense ya'll would see the greatness that we have sitting in our backfield. This has been discussed over and over again 'THE READ OPTION DOES NOT WORK' as your primary play on just about every offensive snap! If we start using our backs in a conventional pro set and not hinder them by slowing them down when they do get the ball on the read option you will see a vast improvement in Deangelo's and Jonathan's performances. Deangelo is quick, powerful and has excellent field vision if we trade him it would be a huge mistake. It is not his fault that the coaching staff is not utilizing him properly.

#41 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,066 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:17 PM

D Will don't seem to fit our current offense but I think that he's been more reliable than Stew over their careers, as far as injuries and fumbles.

#42 weymouthst

weymouthst

#1 zero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:27 AM

Gotta pull the trigger on anything. Triple Quadruple Trouble just isn't necessary maaaan

#43 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,832 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:07 AM

this isn't the john fox era, he won't touch the ball that much.

people are seriously overreacting.

I wouldn't be so sure of that with some of the things Rivera is saying.

#44 ncmonzta

ncmonzta

CBA=Offer U Can't Refuse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:50 AM

Deangelo being traded would be yet another mistake that this organization would have made. If we had John Fox as the head coach right now we would be in a better position than 1-5. Under John Fox we mostly played good defense and we also utilized our running backs. The problem with the John Fox era was we really never had a franchise quaterback. Fox knew the limitations of his team and he understood the strengths and weaknesses. He knew Jake Delhomme was not a very good Qb that is why he relied on his backfield and his defense to keep us in games. The problem with Ron Rivera is he does not utilize the talent that is on this team the proper way. We finally have a franchise qb and a stable of good running backs. I am glad JR stepped up and took action for the good of the organization and fans. If we would just run a conventional offense ya'll would see the greatness that we have sitting in our backfield. This has been discussed over and over again 'THE READ OPTION DOES NOT WORK' as your primary play on just about every offensive snap! If we start using our backs in a conventional pro set and not hinder them by slowing them down when they do get the ball on the read option you will see a vast improvement in Deangelo's and Jonathan's performances. Deangelo is quick, powerful and has excellent field vision if we trade him it would be a huge mistake. It is not his fault that the coaching staff is not utilizing him properly.

This. I'm also not 100% confident in Stew's health as an every down back. Tolbert is good, but he's not D-Will. If I wasn't so worried about Stew's durability, I would be 99.9% against trading D-Will instead of 100%.

D Will don't seem to fit our current offense but I think that he's been more reliable than Stew over their careers, as far as injuries and fumbles.

I agree. I'd also add that no one on the team seems to fit this current offense.

#45 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,513 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:19 AM

I hope we can get a decent player, because he won't garner much as a draft pick. I mean most would be a 3rd and that's if we're lucky. I say call GB or the Lions, see if they are interested. From GB get someone like Randall Cobb or one of their CB's. From the Lions, a D linemen or something.

What other teams need a proven RB?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.