103 replies to this topic

#46 Alverez

Alverez

Hold my beer, and check this out!!

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,413 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:00 AM

I get the feeling that if this comes to pass, the "house cleaning" will then be in full effect.

That being said... I hope it's a Decent pick in the draft. Because if we get a player... who's to say they player stays after the season with a new GM installed and possibly the coaching staff being changed over again?

We know where ever DWill goes, he'll be there awhile. We can't afford to have a player come in for a half a season and boot'em. That'd be like just releasing DWill really.

I honestly don't like this, and think DWill should stay. (yes I know the contract is every ones issue... but, who knows what the new GM will do when they get here?)

just not a good feeling right now with this organizations "snap decisions" in the past week.

#47 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,299 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:02 AM

This. I'm also not 100% confident in Stew's health as an every down back. Tolbert is good, but he's not D-Will. If I wasn't so worried about Stew's durability, I would be 99.9% against trading D-Will instead of 100%.
I agree. I'd also add that no one on the team seems to fit this current offense.

Fair enough with the exception of Stew. When Stew dosent play, Chud gets dumber. I would say they're trying to make up for our weak oline by running the read option but I don't think our oline is that much better than last years.

#48 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:04 AM

Best we can realistically hope for is a 5th - MAYBE a 4th for a RB-needy team that feels he'd be a big upgrade for them.

#49 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,807 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:13 AM

JPP and Rolle.

#50 Alverez

Alverez

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,413 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:40 AM

Fair enough with the exception of Stew. When Stew dosent play, Chud has gets dumber. I would say they're trying to make up for our weak oline by running the read option but I don't think our oline is that much better than last years.

Do you really think the Oline is "that bad"? Or is the Oline not knowing where the ball is going hindering their play? (Cam run, RB run, Cam Pass, Cam Roll Out)

I'm not say'n our Oline is full of All-Pro's or anything. But, to be honest... if Cam doesn't know who's gonna have the ball until 2 seconds after it's snapped... how is the Oline gonna know?

Thus being one of the reasons our Running game has sucked, and the Oline being tore up like a wet paper bag.

I think when this new "conventional power running game" shows up, we will see a better Oline.

Now please note I said "better" not "great".

But that's my opinion.

#51 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,299 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:58 AM

Do you really think the Oline is "that bad"? Or is the Oline not knowing where the ball is going hindering their play? (Cam run, RB run, Cam Pass, Cam Roll Out)

I'm not say'n our Oline is full of All-Pro's or anything. But, to be honest... if Cam doesn't know who's gonna have the ball until 2 seconds after it's snapped... how is the Oline gonna know?

Thus being one of the reasons our Running game has sucked, and the Oline being tore up like a wet paper bag.

I think when this new "conventional power running game" shows up, we will see a better Oline.

Now please note I said "better" not "great".

But that's my opinion.

Very good point. Switching back to a power run game, if we do, which is to say that we're dropping the read option as our base, is a good thing. And no I'm not saying that our oline is that bad, they just aren't that good. Most of the time our) can't even get out of the backfield, with or without read option. Cam doesn't have time to set and scan his reads. It could be a lot better. I hope it's just the scheme, cause I wanna win!

#52 Alverez

Alverez

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,413 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:16 AM

Very good point. Switching back to a power run game, if we do, which is to say that we're dropping the read option as our base, is a good thing. And no I'm not saying that our oline is that bad, they just aren't that good. Most of the time our) can't even get out of the backfield, with or without read option. Cam doesn't have time to set and scan his reads. It could be a lot better. I hope it's just the scheme, cause I wanna win!

When it comes to the running game, I believe it'll help.

Think about it this way... EVERYONE knows cam can run... So they are set to cover anything like that and allow their secondary to cover any passing we have... once we get some balance, that'll ease up and we'll start produce'n more on the ground as more passes are completed.

Cam has had a lot of time MANY times this season and minus maybe some delayed blitzes or dropped passes/thrown away balls, the passing game hasn't been a complete disaster.

With this "new look" power running game idea, I hope that means that when the passes show up, we'll have Olsen involved more... and check downs. Because over all, I think the passing plays that have been called were deep down the field plays mostly. And we need more mid to short one to just keep the chains moving.

I'm hoping this comes about, because as you stated, I wanna win as well. LOL

Here's hope'n!

#53 USCGuardsman

USCGuardsman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:39 AM

D-Will for Greg Jennings, Straight up..... Jennings won't help much this year though with his Sports Hernia and he would have to re-sign for at least a year, but could spell great things for next season..... just saying

#54 smittyceo

smittyceo

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:48 AM

lulz... you guys act like all these men give two shits about winning a SB.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

#55 Jbo

Jbo

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:04 AM

If DWill is gone and Stewart is handed the rock 25 times a game by week 12 we'll be watching the waiver wire for a back. Stewart wont hold up physically.

All DWill has ever done in his career is average 5 Yards Per Carry. That's Jim Brown good.
You aren't going to get anything for him. Pound DWill and Stew 12-15 times a game and see what you get.
Life will be so much easier for Cam Newton if opposing Ds must stop the run first, pass second.

Where are you making this assumption based on? Other then minor foot issues Stew has played. I have a feeling he was only really kept out because we have so many other backs. I have 100% confidence stew would be a starter/ pro bowler had he been drafted to another team, hes our best RB bar none.

#56 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:51 AM

So this guy thinks....Carolina would be "open to listening" to a team wanting to trade for their old, expensive RB, that they aren't using?!

Holy schnikes!! What a scoop.

#57 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,186 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:05 AM

Greg Olsen is a good example of why you shouldn't trade away talented players who don't fit your scheme... Chud may be gone and the scheme may be different next year.

#58 SpeedOFLight

SpeedOFLight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • LocationGreensboro NC

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

Seriously, d will shouldn't be traded. I hate thy it is even a rumor. The guy is a great rb and person. The problem is this coaching staff. They are reaching right now. No one is to blame for this 1-5 start more than them. You have arguely the best backfield in the league and you go to this bs spread/option offense. I say keep them together and run a power running game then you will see the value in keeping them. It will be a sad day in panther land if they trade him. I would be upset

#59 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:25 AM

D-Will for Greg Jennings, Straight up..... Jennings won't help much this year though with his Sports Hernia and he would have to re-sign for at least a year, but could spell great things for next season..... just saying

Sounds good for Carolina.....GB would probably pop their pants laughing at such an idea

#60 Thorrez

Thorrez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:34 AM

Deangelo being traded would be yet another mistake that this organization would have made. If we had John Fox as the head coach right now we would be in a better position than 1-5. Under John Fox we mostly played good defense and we also utilized our running backs. The problem with the John Fox era was we really never had a franchise quaterback. Fox knew the limitations of his team and he understood the strengths and weaknesses. He knew Jake Delhomme was not a very good Qb that is why he relied on his backfield and his defense to keep us in games. The problem with Ron Rivera is he does not utilize the talent that is on this team the proper way. We finally have a franchise qb and a stable of good running backs. I am glad JR stepped up and took action for the good of the organization and fans. If we would just run a conventional offense ya'll would see the greatness that we have sitting in our backfield. This has been discussed over and over again 'THE READ OPTION DOES NOT WORK' as your primary play on just about every offensive snap! If we start using our backs in a conventional pro set and not hinder them by slowing them down when they do get the ball on the read option you will see a vast improvement in Deangelo's and Jonathan's performances. Deangelo is quick, powerful and has excellent field vision if we trade him it would be a huge mistake. It is not his fault that the coaching staff is not utilizing him properly.

Please, if with still had Fox and he used the power running style using Cam as a pure pocket passer he wouldn't be able to walk the street without bodyguards for not utilize Cams special running talent.

No read option, as we use it, has not worked good enough to win. But now at least they tried and we will not have to listen to "We do not utilze the Cam running treat".

Kind of the ironic that the same people now make us listen to "we do not utilze our power running threat" but I guess hater gonna hate.

DonĀ“t let the fact that we in the 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 drafted netted exactly two talented players (Cam and Stu) get in the way.

What we are stuck with is
1. Talented but expensive veterans the we drafted
2. No talented FAs signed (due to 1. leaving no cap space).
3. No talent outside Cam in the 09-11 drafts.

It is not the scheme, our players are simply not good enough to put a winning product on the field in this league.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com