• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#91 YoureWelcome

YoureWelcome

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

Yea, that's an appropriate response. It's a game u have zero control over. Go get a hobby.

Posted Image

#92 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:59 AM

I like Deangelo Williams. I think he's a great player and that Chud's offensive isn't using him to his full potential, but...

Another year we can't cut Deangelo Williams...

Thanks Hurney.

#93 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:17 AM

I would be on the phone trying go trade DW for Stephens-Howling in Arizona. Makes sense fir both teams. We get a scat back that we need for our offense and AZ gets an every down back.

#94 Thorrez

Thorrez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:42 AM

I am not arguing that I know this shitt 100%. That being said the way I understand it, is yes he signed a 16 million dollar signing bonus. We paid it up front. However the cap hit for that signing bonus was spread over 5 years.

16 million divided by 5 = 3.2 million. In 11 3.2 of the 16 came off, this year another 3.2 came off.

so 3.2 x 2 = 6.4 million. Thats the number that has his hit our cap so far. So 16 million had to hit the cap, so far only 6.4 has, leaving us on the hook for 9.4 million more.

Heres a couple exceprts from askthecommish.com

"Question 1.7e
That's cheating! How can you have a real salary cap if all you have to do is give a player a signing bonus to get around it?

Answer: Now we come to the tricky part. The signing bonus IS part of the player's salary. So it counts against the cap. When determining team and player salary, the signing bonus will be prorated over the length of the contract.

For example, if a player signs a four-year deal with a $1 million signing bonus, $250,000 of that bonus will count toward team salary for each contract year ($1 million divided evenly over the four-year contract is $250,000 per year). If a team releases a player, the unamoratized bonus money (the remaining prorated bonus money) counts immediately against the cap.

In our example above, if the player is released after Year 1, the remaining $750,000 (the prorated signing bonus money for years 2-4) counts against the cap in Year 2 -- even though the player is no longer on the team's roster.

What happens if a player is traded or retires?

Answer: We already know that if a player is waived on or before June 1, the remaining signing bonus that has not been included in salary “accelerates” and is included in that year’s team salary. Acceleration also occurs when a player is traded or waived and picked up by another team. The new team is not responsible for any of the original signing bonus. The team that waived or traded the player is responsible for the accelerated signing bonus (in the same manner as described above)."

Thanks for your effort in trying to clear things up, I did not have clue how it worked before.

So this pretty much means that the only way to deal DWill is to ship a package deal with him and another player with at least $5M left on his contract this year (and no signing bonus left to pay). And that is for picks as we would have no way to fit any new player under the cap.

So with Gamble in IR I guess that leaves Gross is some time of hockey type rental deal. But I seriosly doubt we would have any takers as we would have to ask for at least a 1st to replace Gross.

#95 Black

Black

Don't Make Me Get Money and Platinumize My Body

• HUDDLER
  • 2,676 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:25 AM

Probably already reported, but Schefter just said there are four teams in contact with the Panthers about trading for D-Will.

#96 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,663 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:26 AM

just seen on espn, Adam said some teams have called about Dwill.legit or throwing poo at the wall?

#97 davos

davos

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,976 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:44 AM

4 teams hmm

#98 CBDellinger

CBDellinger

CAMdamonium!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

I could see DWill being gone... 89 also. Get something for him while we can.

Flame on.

#99 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:00 AM

I would really hate to see double trouble break up. Dwill would gash us if we ended up playing him. I just get to attached to players sometimes.

#100 davos

davos

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,976 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:03 AM

Stephen Jackson is also on the block and I see gb likely more interested in that fella. If anything it's gonna be like a 4th to the Lions, Jets, or Cards (my uneducated hungover guess)

#101 CBDellinger

CBDellinger

CAMdamonium!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:10 AM

A 4th for DWill would be a dream come true.

#102 bigmanstew

bigmanstew

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

I believe the team would have to restructure some deals to be able to accommodate moving Williams for Cap purposes.

According to Florio the cap space available at the start of the year was 5.3 million.
http://profootballta...of-september-7/

Trading Williams would create in the very least a 9.6 acceleration into the 2012 cap,

So that extra space would have to be created somewhere.

#103 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:34 AM

Wearing Deangelo jersey today because I don't know how many more times I'm going to be able to wear it

#104 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,603 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:05 PM

Like the one we have?

From their POV yes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com