Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Time to shitcan my video card?

10 posts in this topic

Posted

So my system crashed today and now whenever I try to boot up, I get a blue screen of death in regards to the driver, nvlddmkm.sys

This happens even after changing drivers. The only way I can get into my computer is to boot into safe mode, or uninstall the driver completely, which is what I've done for now.

However, I still get artifacts when I do this. My screen looks like this. I'm hoping this pic works cuz I can't tell if you can see the lines or if it's just the lines on my screen I'm seeing. I had to take a physical picture because a screenshot wont show the artifacts.

post-272-0-91390900-1351316464_thumb.jpg

Posted

Yuuuup. RMA or get a new one

Posted

In my experience once you get artifacts of any kind or start having video card issues, the problems will progressively get worse.

Posted

Yeah. The fact that it does it just from being plugged into the card itself makes me pretty confident it's on its last legs. Oh well, good thing I have that stock option to pull from!

Posted

You guys are not helpful.

Posted

The best way to tell is to stick the card in another computer and see if the problem persists.

Posted

this is my only computer. i could take it out and see if the intel HD display adapter works but i dont feel like doing that lol.

Posted

driver problems might change depending on if you get official nvidia drivers or the ones from your card's maker.. I always had that problem with nvidia drivers.

Posted

They were working fine and then all of the sudden my monitor went out. Now when I reboot i get BSOD with nvlddmkm.sys as the cause. This happens regardless of what drivers i use now.

Posted

Get rid of all that poo on your desktop