Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bad news from Gamecock land

39 posts in this topic

Posted

That was a pussy ass tackle btw.

Posted

yeah, i mean....

i am a gamecock fan and I was at the game today but when my brother called me while he was still on the ground, he said that it looked as bad as any he had ever seen.

They did not show a replay in the stadium ...for obvious reasons, but it was the most quiet and stunned 75k+ may ever be....he is universally loved for being a class act on and off the field here in gamecock country and the insane outpouring of support from random celebrities, NFL players, and sports media really speak to how much he is respected.

I can't help but feel sick thinking about such a talented young guy who has worked so hard and done everything "the right way" be so unfortunate with a gruesome injury.

Hell, I'm not even really religious but I said a prayer for him. Even if he never plays a down in the NFL, college FB lost a great one today.

Posted

Yeah, I just found that article I posted above but the guy took down the tweet so I don't know how credible it is. It looked like he was guessing...

It's bothered me that they haven't released any official word either. Usually they give an explanation as to why he's going to the hospital... No word on an MRI, confirmation on ligament damage, nothing... Just seems really weird.

My friend suffered a bad injury from a car wreck & lost his leg. The impact hit his leg & tore all 4 ligament, patella tendon, & severed the artery. They had to amputate because there was too much damage to his leg. If Lattimore tore the same PLUS a broken bone I don't see how they can save his leg.

I am in no way disrespecting him or saying things in a negative light. I just understand the severity of the injury. I hope he is able to recover. No kid deserves that. His career is over, sorry guys. If he tore that much he'd have trouble ever walking again, much less playing football.

Posted

Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic man. Marcus Lattimore will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.

Posted

My friend suffered a bad injury from a car wreck & lost his leg. The impact hit his leg & tore all 4 ligament, patella tendon, & severed the artery. They had to amputate because there was too much damage to his leg. If Lattimore tore the same PLUS a broken bone I don't see how they can save his leg.

I am in no way disrespecting him or saying things in a negative light. I just understand the severity of the injury. I hope he is able to recover. No kid deserves that. His career is over, sorry guys. If he tore that much he'd have trouble ever walking again, much less playing football.

If you haven't seen Shaun Livingston's injury from a few years ago you should check it out. It's right up there with this one. They almost amputated his leg as well but he ended up rehabbing and making it back to the NBA. So, there's hope.

Posted

^^Contain your orgasm, Hurney

Posted

also have ya'll been fapping to vids of violent leg injuries all day?

Posted

Guys this video is pretty fuggin gruesome to watch too.

fug, that's brutal.

1 person likes this

Posted

816779%20-%20MEME%20Weirdest_Boner%20animated.gif

Posted

Kinda worried that there has been ZERO info on him or his status. He could have very well severed an artery & lost his leg. When your leg bends that severely there's a chance it tears the artery. It was definitely more than just a ligament.

What raises concern is the fact that he was immediately rushed to the hospital & there have been absolutely no updates of any kind whatsoever.

That injury looked reminiscent of McCallum's on MNF in '94. It was a miracle he didn't lose his leg.

He was not rushed to the hospital. They imobilized his leg while he was on the field and took him to the locker room. He was there for quite a while before they left for the hospital.

Posted

Doesn't look good. Don't know how official this is, but I wouldn't be surprised if everything that is connects the bottom part of his leg to the top, is all disconnected. I'm not a gamecock fan, but my heart breaks for him. It's so terrible.

News is leaking out about Marcus Lattimore's tragic knee injury, and it doesn't look good. The South Carolina running back reportedly broke his femur and patella and tore four ligaments in his right knee -- his ACL, MCL, PCL and LCL according to Brian VanOchten of WDGM. Lattimore tore a ligament in his left knee in 2011, and had finally made a full comeback from that injury.

Read more at: http://www.nesn.com/...cl-in-knee.html

http://www.nesn.com/...cl-in-knee.html