Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Luke Kuechly

42 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Whether he returns or not, I don't think Jon Beason is ever getting the MLB spot back unless Kuechly is hurt.

Honestly, given his contract and his recent penchant for injuries, it's conceivable the next GM might decide to cut ties.

Never would have bought into that notion before this season. But now... :(

Posted · Report post

Go back a few weeks and you can find alot of people saying Luke was a wasted pick.... all part of the "gotta have it now mentality"

Posted · Report post

There's a reason no draft guys (legit guys) had anything bad to say about Keek coming out of BC. Mayock couldn't say enough about him and I'm thankful we have him.

Posted · Report post

This guy is only going to get better!
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Kuechly is playing well, maybe he will teach the rest of our defense how to tackle...

Posted · Report post

Judging from Rivera's comments this week that he's always felt Luke was a natural Mike, I wonder if he would have moved Beason to the Will after hurney was fired, if beason was still healthy. Hurney could have told Rivera to play Beason at the Mike because they had paid him to be one or some ish like that

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Jackofalltrades' timestamp='1351380569' post='1965835']
There's a reason no draft guys (legit guys) had anything bad to say about Keek coming out of BC. Mayock couldn't say enough about him and I'm thankful we have him.
[/quote]

It's been a general consensus that Kuechly was drafted in part because they feared this might happen.

Part of me wonders if he's more the kind of MLB that Rivera wanted as opposed to Beason,

Doubt we'd ever know, so it's just speculation.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='iamhubby1' timestamp='1351374721' post='1965703']
Not many 4-3 MLB I would take over Keek right now. Hell, Urlacher is the only one I can come up with off the top of my head.

With TD playing very well, and steady eddy Anderson. We very well could have one of the best 4-3 LB corp in the league.

Get this D some help at S, and it can be good enough to get us where we want to go.
[/quote]
Urlacher is two steps slower than he used to be.

Still good, but not otherworldly like he used to be.

I wouldn't take anyone over Kuechly based on age. Based on ability/production I'd probably take Willis. It's a short, short list though.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Keek was drafted for the MLB position. He's a monster. There's no one else who we could have drafted that's better than him at this point.

Posted · Report post

To be honest I cant believe Luke lost to Beason. Was this be cause of seniority? Or did Luke lose to Beason?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='0115' timestamp='1351399054' post='1966125']
To be honest I cant believe Luke lost to Beason. Was this be cause of seniority? Or did Luke lose to Beason?
[/quote]

Don't think they allowed for a competition. Beason was just the starter.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CRA' timestamp='1351399550' post='1966132']
Don't think they allowed for a competition. Beason was just the starter.
[/quote]

Quite unfortunate to get injured again...