• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 08:02 PM

Figured I'd share a little of what I know about the TOC in the triangle this weekend. It is one of the premier events on the east coast and a ton of targets there. I didn't get to go so I am passing on second hand info...

NCSU Targets/Commits:

Ryan Harrow Rivals 5 star (25th) - Freakishly athletic PG with a slight build at 6'0 155lbs. He is playing for the Atlanta Celtics which is one of the more competitive traveling teams on the east coast. They produced Dwight Howard, Josh Smith, and most recently Derek Favors. He had 16 in the first game, 16 in the second game, and 32 in the last game. One scout went so far as to say that he is the second best guard in the class behind only the #1 ranked Brandon Knight. We will see if that continues to hold up.

Mychal Parker Rivals 4 star - An extremely athletic player that plays on the wing. I have heard that his team is not very strong and was considering trying to climb on the ATL Celtics team with Harrow but it didn't happen. He has struggled a bit but scored 18 in a blowout loss

UNC Targets/Commits:

Reggie Bullock Rivals 5 star (12th) - There was a write-up on him that said he excels in the open court which is perfect for the UNC system but struggled a bit with his shot consistency. Still had some great games and is one of the best athletes in the class

I'll post more later but I gotta go at the moment...

#2 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:08 AM

How did PJ Hairston and Casey Prather look? Also, I heard CJ Leslie is visiting NC, what's the scoop?

#3 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:30 AM

I think we get Leslie even though i want Barnes.

#4 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:39 AM

I think we get Leslie even though i want Barnes.

Yeah, Barnes is a dook lock...I don't know why he is, but it appears that way. They're going to get their share of players so I'm not concerned.

#5 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 12:57 PM

How did PJ Hairston and Casey Prather look? Also, I heard CJ Leslie is visiting NC, what's the scoop?

Nothing real solid on Hairston..All I heard is probably what you already know is that he is a strong prospect for his age, was playing an age up, but didn't do anything spectacular.

Didn't hear anything on Casey Prather sorry.

UNC is going to go hard after Leslie and it will help that Clifton is not involved with him. The kid has all the potential in the world and could be a superstar for whoever lands him. Right now I'd probably give the inside track to Florida, UNC, and Kentucky.

An update on the recent winners tho:

CP3 All-Stars are playing the Atlanta Celtics today at the Dean Dome to go to the championship. This will pit Reggie Bullock and Melvin Tabb vs. Ryan Harrow (3 future Tobacco Road kids...should be good).

#6 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 02:03 PM

CP3 All-stars took out the Celtics earlier this afternoon. Good run by both teams...

#7 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:52 AM

Duke target Kyrie Irving droped 40.

#8 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:43 PM

Duke target Kyrie Irving droped 40.

Anything can happen in recruiting but it really is starting to look like Irving is IUs to lose. He loved it when they brought out somehting like 2,000 fans to watch his last AAU tournament. Crean is a hell of a coach too...

Not to mention Duke already has Tyler Thornton committed.

#9 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:41 PM

Anything can happen in recruiting but it really is starting to look like Irving is IUs to lose. He loved it when they brought out somehting like 2,000 fans to watch his last AAU tournament. Crean is a hell of a coach too...

Not to mention Duke already has Tyler Thornton committed.

Agreed about IU and Irving, but Duke did make his final ten and he he has mentioned Duke recently after practicing at the new facility this weekend. I still think there is a long way to go with Irving.

As for Tyler Thornton, it is well known that Duke is going for another guard in that class. Duke is focused on Brandon Knight(probably Florida), Kyrie Irving(IU lean) and Ray McCallum right now. They have already offered all three of those guards for 2010 to go along with Tyler Thornton.

#10 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:58 PM

Agreed about IU and Irving, but Duke did make his final ten and he he has mentioned Duke recently after practicing at the new facility this weekend. I still think there is a long way to go with Irving.

As for Tyler Thornton, it is well known that Duke is going for another guard in that class. Duke is focused on Brandon Knight(probably Florida), Kyrie Irving(IU lean) and Ray McCallum right now. They have already offered all three of those guards for 2010 to go along with Tyler Thornton.

Yeah there is definitely a long way to go.

On a Brandon Knight note...I have heard he is not high on Florida at all. There was even a write-up in the Miami Hearld (I think?) about Florida not being one of his top schools. I actually think that you guys have a better shot at Knight than you do Irving but with the factory that Cal is going to have going over there at UK I will find it surprising if the #1 guards go anywhere other than Lexington. I mean you have what the top 3 guards in the last 3 classes all going to play for Cal?? I don't see Knight being different unless a darkhorse like Duke, Syracuse, or maybe even Miami sells him.

But you guys are in a good position to land the #1 class in the country for 2010 if you can get Harrison Barnes to commit (more likely than not IMO). A class of Dawkins, Hairston, Thornton, and Barnes would be good enough for top 5 IMO and if you brought in Knight as well that would be the #1 class without a doubt.

#11 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 05:07 PM

Yeah there is definitely a long way to go.

On a Brandon Knight note...I have heard he is not high on Florida at all. There was even a write-up in the Miami Hearld (I think?) about Florida not being one of his top schools. I actually think that you guys have a better shot at Knight than you do Irving but with the factory that Cal is going to have going over there at UK I will find it surprising if the #1 guards go anywhere other than Lexington. I mean you have what the top 3 guards in the last 3 classes all going to play for Cal?? I don't see Knight being different unless a darkhorse like Duke, Syracuse, or maybe even Miami sells him.

But you guys are in a good position to land the #1 class in the country for 2010 if you can get Harrison Barnes to commit (more likely than not IMO). A class of Dawkins, Hairston, Thornton, and Barnes would be good enough for top 5 IMO and if you brought in Knight as well that would be the #1 class without a doubt.

K's swan song perhaps? He's not coaching that much longer.

#12 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 06:17 PM

K's swan song perhaps? He's not coaching that much longer.

If he landed that aforementioned class he could win one more NC and go out as probably the best basketball coach in the history of the game...OR he could stay around and make sure he goes down as such.

#13 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 06:58 PM

If he landed that aforementioned class he could win one more NC and go out as probably the best basketball coach in the history of the game...OR he could stay around and make sure he goes down as such.

Or he could land that class and have some of those guys for 1 year and not win squat. One and dones can hurt ya.

K is one of the greatest no matter what, but he's not clearly the greatest. He hasn't done squat since 2001, he's not winning much this year, so it could be a decade of being OK, not great. Winning titles is not the be all end all of coaching success. Donovan has two, and is either up or down from year to year...I know he's young, but if that trend continues, come on.

#14 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:20 PM

Or he could land that class and have some of those guys for 1 year and not win squat. One and dones can hurt ya.

K is one of the greatest no matter what, but he's not clearly the greatest. He hasn't done squat since 2001, he's not winning much this year, so it could be a decade of being OK, not great. Winning titles is not the be all end all of coaching success. Donovan has two, and is either up or down from year to year...I know he's young, but if that trend continues, come on.

K consistently has his team winning conference championships and in the picture for a top 3 seed in the tournament. IMO there isn't a better coach in the world than Mike Krzyzewski. Doing what he has done at Duke of all places is unmatched by anyone else.

We all know you are a Carolina fan so your hatred of K is understandable but don't let it cloud your judgement.

#15 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:26 PM

K consistently has his team winning conference championships and in the picture for a top 3 seed in the tournament. IMO there isn't a better coach in the world than Mike Krzyzewski. Doing what he has done at Duke of all places is unmatched by anyone else.

We all know you are a Carolina fan so your hatred of K is understandable but don't let it cloud your judgement.

Man, you are a big dook homer, I thought you were a state fan. Again, K is an all-timer, but he is not the greatest. He has a losing record against DES and Roy - why can't he beat those guys if he's so great...Don't let that fact cloud your judgement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com