Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bob Gibbons TOC

45 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

It came up around the time K accepted the job, It was all over the place, were you out of the country? And yeah, UNC is the be all end all...Name a cleaner more successful program.

I think you're making stuff up again. You seem to be the only one who remembers this. Is your homerism for unc clouding your thoughts again? I know you hate to see Coach K bring the gold back to the US but that doesn't mean you should make stuff up. Didn't he assist Larry Brown on the bronze winning USA team?

Posted · Report post

I think you're making stuff up again. You seem to be the only one who remembers this. Is your homerism for unc clouding your thoughts again? I know you hate to see Coach K bring the gold back to the US but that doesn't mean you should make stuff up. Didn't he assist Larry Brown on the bronze winning USA team?

Yeah...Williams was on the Brown squad that was absolutely terrible and an embarrassment to the US. K has been the coach of the US team since October of 2005. I searched for some stuff on Roy being asked to coach the team but couldn't find it. If Htar wants to provide a link that would be helpful..

Posted · Report post

Yeah, K has been the USA coach since 2005, Larry Brown and his staff assembled right before the qualifiers...Not too mention that the NBA strongly encouraged the best to play in the last games and we still had our scares. OH yeah, didn't K's team get beat in the World Championship games in Toronto and have to settle for Bronze?

Unicar, man you are tremendous duke fan - way to run to the devil's aid. And you claim to be a wulfie? it's either ABC'er or dook fan, which is it...Tell ya what, you provide me the link of all those Roy NCAA violations and I'll hunt down that link.

Posted · Report post

Agree to disagree...

But asked nation wide who the better overall coach is...Its K.

One time since 2001 has K been beyond the sweet 16...ONE TIME! Roy's been to what, 4 or 5 final 4's in that time span and won it twice...What is K's record against Roy again? Media hype has made people believe K is the best in the land...The numbers don't back it up. Winning percentage among active coaches, is it K? Nope, it's Roy!

Posted · Report post

One time since 2001 has K been beyond the sweet 16...ONE TIME! Roy's been to what, 4 or 5 final 4's in that time span and won it twice...What is K's record against Roy again? Media hype has made people believe K is the best in the land...The numbers don't back it up. Winning percentage among active coaches, is it K? Nope, it's Roy!

K has a .779 winning percentage at Duke...I didn't know 2 percentage points made that much of a difference. At the end of the day if you want to talk about championships etc...K has 3 and Williams has 2. Coach K will go down as the all-time winningest college bball coach being that he has about 250 more wins than Williams and they are roughly the same age. And I am not a Duke fan...I just understand basketball history. Like I said, Roy is a great coach (one of the all time greats) but when you are talking about game planning and coaching guys that are not lottery picks every year I don't think the comparison is close.

Posted · Report post

Yeah, K has been the USA coach since 2005, Larry Brown and his staff assembled right before the qualifiers...Not too mention that the NBA strongly encouraged the best to play in the last games and we still had our scares. OH yeah, didn't K's team get beat in the World Championship games in Toronto and have to settle for Bronze?

Unicar, man you are tremendous duke fan - way to run to the devil's aid. And you claim to be a wulfie? it's either ABC'er or dook fan, which is it...Tell ya what, you provide me the link of all those Roy NCAA violations and I'll hunt down that link.

Here are two seperate links to secondary violations that Roy Williams was a part of. I tried to search for a link to anything that stated Roy Williams was asked to coach Team USA and turned it down. The only association he has had with Team USA is as an assistant to Larry Brown and he is currently on the Men's Junior National Committee with Lorenzo Romar, Bruce Weber, and Jay Williams, yes that Jay Williams from Duke.

Htar for once, man up and just admit you have no idea what you are talking about. Then it can be over.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/8586946/

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=ncb&id=2623115

Posted · Report post

Proving Htar wrong........

geicocaveman.jpg

By britneck at 2009-06-02

So easy a caveman can do it.

Posted · Report post

CLEANER!!!?!?!?!?!?! BWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH THAT IS A JOKE! Brush up on your recruiting my friend Roy Williams commits about 10 secondary violations a year and has done so since his days at KU.

Name the years Roy Williams has been investigated, or STFU, it's just that simple. Name the years, or STFU, it's a joke to even throw it out there, it's just not true...

What a dumbass...

Posted · Report post

From the two links provided, it seems from 2002 til he left Kansas.

:thumbsup:

Posted · Report post

From the two links provided, it seems from 2002 til he left Kansas.

:thumbsup:

I'll believe it when either Kansas or North Carolina is barred from post season play... :lol:

Posted · Report post

The university was placed on probation for three years for a handful of violations in men's basketball and football, the NCAA announced Thursday.

Posted · Report post

What university and for what?

Yes, I'm still in denial...