By britneck at 2009-06-02

So easy a caveman can do it.

#32 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:35 PM

CLEANER!!!?!?!?!?!?! BWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH THAT IS A JOKE! Brush up on your recruiting my friend Roy Williams commits about 10 secondary violations a year and has done so since his days at KU.

Name the years Roy Williams has been investigated, or STFU, it's just that simple. Name the years, or STFU, it's a joke to even throw it out there, it's just not true...

What a dumbass...

#33 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,421 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:07 PM

From the two links provided, it seems from 2002 til he left Kansas.

:thumbsup:

#34 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:25 PM

From the two links provided, it seems from 2002 til he left Kansas.

:thumbsup:

I'll believe it when either Kansas or North Carolina is barred from post season play... :lol:

#35 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,421 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:56 PM

The university was placed on probation for three years for a handful of violations in men's basketball and football, the NCAA announced Thursday.

#36 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:07 AM

What university and for what?

Yes, I'm still in denial...

#37 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:07 AM

What university and for what?

Yes, I'm still in denial...

You came in here and flipped out like a little girl, called one guy a dumbass, and didn't look at the links posted?

#38 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 11:10 AM

You came in here and flipped out like a little girl, called one guy a dumbass, and didn't look at the links posted?

I'm not even going to respond to his post...

The bottom line is that it is common knowledge that Roy commits secondary violations nearly every year. I'm not saying that other coaches don't do it too (Chris Collins for Duke did it this year with Wall). But to say that UNC is "cleaner" than any other program is just misinformed. If you think that ANYTHING about college recruiting is clean these days then you need to get your head out of space and come back to reality.

#39 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:21 PM

It is funny how there is no response once someone is proven wrong.

I agree with Unicar, the point wasnt that all programs are clean, matter of fact, most programs do have these secondary violations, but don't for a second sit back and think that Carolina is the cleanest program in the country.

I thought my links gave enough evidence to believe that in fact, the Good Ole' Boy Roy is no Saint, like he always makes himself out to be.

It goes hand in hand with his act. He puts on a show like he would never swear, but how many clips can we go pull off the internet where Roy was asked a tough question or put in a tough situation and he reverts to using cuss words. Now before you run off to write about Coach K cussing, understand that everyone knows he does and does it often, but he has the ability to maintain his composure unlike Roy. He doesn't front and act like he would never talk in that manner and then turn around and do it once the going gets tough.

#40 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:22 PM

Oh yeah, still waiting for the evidence that Roy was asked to coach Team USA and turned it down so they turned to lowly Coach K. :rolleyes5:

#41 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,093 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 03:57 PM

Oh yeah, still waiting for the evidence that Roy was asked to coach Team USA and turned it down so they turned to lowly Coach K. :rolleyes5:

You're gonna be waiting a long time on that one....

#42 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:13 PM

You're gonna be waiting a long time on that one....

Hey, I remember reading it, but can't find it...Believe me, I'm not making it up. K did a great job with all that premier talent that he kept together for a few years, but he still had a couple scares and did end up with Bronze in Toronto - the rest of the world is pretty good too.

#43 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:17 PM

K has a .779 winning percentage at Duke...I didn't know 2 percentage points made that much of a difference. At the end of the day if you want to talk about championships etc...K has 3 and Williams has 2. Coach K will go down as the all-time winningest college bball coach being that he has about 250 more wins than Williams and they are roughly the same age. And I am not a Duke fan...I just understand basketball history. Like I said, Roy is a great coach (one of the all time greats) but when you are talking about game planning and coaching guys that are not lottery picks every year I don't think the comparison is close.

And K has been coaching D1 longer...Damn, man, can you do the math? Roy has the better winning percentage all the way around...The job he did in 2006 was one of the better coaching jobs I've ever seen...Do you realize what he lost from 2005?

#44 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:34 PM

:lol: Roy Williams has the best winning pecentage of any active college coach, period. Coach K has more national championships for now. They are both excellent coaches.

/end argument...

#45 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:08 PM

:lol: Roy Williams has the best winning pecentage of any active college coach, period. Coach K has more national championships for now. They are both excellent coaches.

/end argument...

HAHA! I'll end the argument when the K lovers admit that the mighty X and O coach hasn't done squat in nearly a decade - Despite having as much if not more talent than anyone in the country.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.