Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mort said Richardson did not want Rivera

61 posts in this topic

Posted

.....and said that is the reason Hurney was fired. He actual words were that Richardson had reservations about Rivera.

Wonder who JR liked?

Rivera will have to pull off a miracle to keep his job.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thank God.

Posted

I bet he wanted Russ Grimm or some bologna...but that's just like speculation man

Posted

Yeah, I can't see Rivera surviving the axe at all after the season if this is true. The New GM will want his own guy and Richardson really didn't like Rivera from the start.

1 person likes this

Posted

Another losing record and RIver should be out the door. If he somehow manages 8-8 or 7-9 it will be tough because technically we improved from last year at that point.

I think Rivera is very smart but its hard to tell whether the players like to play for him or respect him. It also sucks he isn't very outwardly emotional. Sure it doesn't mean you don't care but showing it means you care to show that you care, and when people see signs you care its a bit more inspirational.

I am still meh on Rivera, IF we even out, right now I want out.

Posted

I think any of the other candidates interviewed after the 2010 season would have been a better choice than Rivera.

Posted

I think any of the other candidates interviewed after the 2010 season would have been a better choice than Rivera.

I was on board for Perry Fewell

1 person likes this

Posted

BILL COWHER POWER

Posted

After the mind coach thing, you have to wonder if this is more b.s.

If true, it increases my respect for JR in two ways. First, apparently he is still pretty sharp in spite of his advancing years, and second, it kind of kills the whole JR is really running things theory. Sounds like he was letting Hurney make the important decisions whether he supported them or not, and that's a good thing in general for a owner/GM relationship.

2 people like this

Posted

So much for people thinking JR makes all the big time decisions.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yea as I posted in another thread I thought Jerry had the final say in all decisions.

Posted

I'm calling b.s